It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
the hencmen quests... 
Minor Diety

I think you`re screwed with the brooch, unless you plan on searching the whole docks district again, which obviously you aren`t. There`s also a fountain or something that is supposed to respawn key items, but i don`t think that will help either.

For Grimgnaw you need to be in the blacklake district in a house in the northwest section of the district, you`ll find a ring.
For Tommi you need documents that are in Thomas Wheelwright's Wagon Repair in the southeast section of Beggar's Nest.

Btw i think you`re not really supposed to gather all these items, i think the point of the game was to take one henchman along and get his item. But of course you`re free to get these items, they can be really good (depending on your class) and it`s not forbidden to become powerful. I never took a henchman along, so i just spoke to them for items (in my second game that is, at first i didn`t know they gave me items).

~King of Thieves~

Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:12 am
Seigneurial Lord

Post Re: the hencmen quests...
Gustav Gizm wrote:
where can i find the things that tomi ang grimgnaw are looking for?i have found the things that the two bitches and the bottleneck sorcerer are lookin for, and i fucked up the gaelan's quest. i remember finding the brooch in the docks district but at the time i didn't know what it was so i probably sold it or put it it in some of the 'few' boxes and chests in the district, is there any way that i can find it again?do i have to see every merchants wares and look in all of the chests and the boxes?thanks

gg

Have you tried the Lost Item Pool (or whatever it's called) in the temples to get the brooch?

All hail to the Creature Profile Writer!

Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:40 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Just finished chapter 1 with having completed Linu's and that Half-Orc (forgot his name).

Ill call him Ug-Ug for now.

Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:09 am
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!

what you playing as? first time through?

Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:01 am
Minor Diety

Erm well, i did play this 2 times before.

Bought the game for £35 1st time i played as a Ranger - got pissed off at how crap it was, sold it on ebay.

8 months later, bought that game again - played as a Paladin and got pissed off at how crap it was, sold it on ebay.

2 weeks ago i bought the deluxe edition for £30 and playing as a fighter, this time getting along better.

Currently lvl 7 Fighter with skills maxed on Concentration, Discipline and Parry. I carry a towershield +1 with a Bastard sword +1 and Full Plate.

I got had Linu as a henchman some time ago, i went to get Tomi temporarily because i needed some locks picked, Linu has dissappeared as soon as i made the switch. Wheres she gone? Not the Trade of Blades thats for sure.

Bah, i liked her as a henchman because she seemed to be the only one that didnt get herself killed all the time.

Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:53 am
Minor Diety

Might i add that Parry is totally utterly useless. Really, i'm not kidding.

Knockdown is cool though.

~King of Thieves~

Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:19 am
Minor Diety

Real men fight without henchmen. :twisted: ;)

- Coach

Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:56 am
Minor Diety

Parry is OK, i can put it on while my henchman castss spells at the baddies.

Am i right in saying that knockdown isnt one of those skills you can increase like Parry?

Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:40 am
Minor Diety

No, knockdown and greater konockdown are feats.

Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:36 am
Minor Diety

Why would you want to counter an attack, if you can attack yourself .. it is far better to be attacking than to be COMPLETELY defending with little to no chance of making a successful counterattack, especially on harder opponents.

Really my first character had a lot of points in Parry as well, and i noticed it is utterly useless. I think 99% of NWN-players will agree on that.

~King of Thieves~

Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:46 am
Seigneurial Lord

You only use Parry when you get bored and want to see a show... It's better to knock them down and finish them off than to wait until you finally strike a fancy looking blow that deals the same damage as a normal hit. I like it though, I think half of my characters has a decent amount of Parry-points.

All hail to the Creature Profile Writer!

Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:38 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

it is far better to be attacking than to be COMPLETELY defending with little to no chance of making a successful counterattack, especially on harder opponents

My Dwarven Defender would argue that ;) hehe...but you're right, parry is worthles...

What you need to do Derf is follow this 4-step plan to success:

1)create a Dwarf
2)max out on HP
3)use a two-handed weapon
4)own

So much for my quick guide to NWN

- Coach

Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:25 pm
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!

yea, parry is pretty shite really, never take it.

knockdown OR disarm is the way to go. disarm ownz. get rid of their weapon, watch and laugh as they try and just punch you out, which more often than not gives you a free attack anyway.

rangers are generally regarded as being crap in V3, but they will be back as a force in NWN2, which of course uses the latest ed.

disagree about paladins, they get some good bonuses up to level 3, then go fighter. sure, the lawful good thing sucks but what can ya do?..

Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:05 am
Minor Diety

Slaughter a town of innocent peasants and shift to evil?

- Coach

Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next