It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Dwarf need techy help over here please 
Man at Arms

Post Dwarf need techy help over here please
Right..So I´m playing BG1 again, and I have this weird error occur.

Sometimes the background music plays at like double or triple speed..Only the background music, not the voices (although I can imagine that being quite funny) or the ambient sounds.

For now I´m content with setting the music volume to zero in the game menu..But I kinda like the music, so if anyone knows whats up and how to fix it please do tell :cry:

I´m not sure about my computer specs..Although I can find out if need be. (soundcard issues ?)
Also I´m using gatekeeper to change my characters apperance on screen..Perhaps that could cause some weird error ?

I have the latest patch methinks for the classical BG (not the ToS something expansion)

Thanks in advance !

Sun Apr 20, 2003 2:16 pm
Minor Diety

Normally speaking the gatekeeper-ing shouldn't be causing any sound problems whatsoever so i'd count that out as a possible cause.

I'd say it's a soundcard thing, can't think of any other reasons that would cause music to play at triple speed.:/ Maybe try to download new drivers for your soundcard, and if that doesn't work try to find older drivers, there's a chance that they'll do the trick. That's as far as this non-technical dork can help. But anything for a fellow dwarf.;)

- Coach

Sun Apr 20, 2003 2:38 pm
Man at Arms

Thanks Ox..Atleast I can keep wearing theif hoods with an easy heart :P
I know using Elminster as a character will crash the game if I try to attack anything with the staff..I was thinking along those lines.

I´ll try the drivers. Boggles my mind though why its just the music and none of the other sounds or voices though, arent they all in the same file format ?

Sun Apr 20, 2003 2:45 pm
Minor Diety

Lol, good point. :roll: That would idd be totally strange then...but drivers are about the only thing i can think off, i mean, apart from your pc and copy of BG being totally fucked.:) And yeah, gatekeeper can make stuff crash, but you could (literally) kick me in the head in the music speed would be affected by it.:/

- Coach

Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:20 pm
Minor Diety

Reinstall the sound card driver, reinstall the latest patch for BG1.

Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]