It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 8:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Character 
King

ok, your links please? Every link I posted supports my hypothesis. "My English teacher confirmed it" isn't what I would call conclusive evidence.

Pevil:
"ARGH can we please quit this?! Most people in England get apostrophe's wrong all the time."

Funny you should say that, since you misused an apostrophe in "apostrophe's". lol. If you didn't do that on purpose, that's just too damn funny. :)

Basically we're very lazy in the UK. 8)

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Tue May 20, 2003 11:52 am
Super Moderator

Links? I found hordes of them when searching in google for "apostrophe rules". If you're that desperate, I'll go and find them all again - (Beware - url spam ahead)

Tue May 20, 2003 11:13 pm
Felix Rex

heh. Well, I did the google thing too, and posted up the first three that I found that came from relatively reliable sources. And they all agreed with me.

note...please don't post some kid's personal website, with scrolling marquees and blink tags. I do not consider that an authoritative source. :)

Tue May 20, 2003 11:23 pm
Profile WWW
King

Satis the answer came to me in my English exam. I was browsing through Animal Farm and I came across this word "Jones's". This proves that Satis's should be spelt like so. :P Ends argument cos thats how George Orwell spelt it.

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Wed May 21, 2003 6:30 am
Super Moderator

heh. Well, I did the google thing too, and posted up the first three that I found that came from relatively reliable sources. And they all agreed with me.

note...please don't post some kid's personal website, with scrolling marquees and blink tags. I do not consider that an authoritative source. :)

I found almost none that said that..... and they weren't some random websites either....

Thu May 22, 2003 1:14 pm
King

Satis wrote:

I found almost none that said that..... and they weren't some random websites either....

Sure they weren't :lol:

Thu May 22, 2003 1:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6