It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 7:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Some general questions 
Minor Diety

Ehm .. i kinda lost an item (oath/scroll of some demon to be exact) and i have no idea where, not going to run through the whole place again and prolly not finding it. So is there a way to 'cheat' it in? I'm not sure he actually gave it to me either, must be some bug because my inventory is totally full, some other dude gave me his oath too and i didn't have that paper either. Which totally sucks.
So can i cheat items in? I looked in the divining pool or whatever it is but no luck there either.

~King of Thieves~

Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:13 am
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
no need for cheats, recall back to neverwinter, and go look in the 'pool' behind the portal.

you'll have to pay but plot itms end up in there if you get rid by accident.

Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:24 am
Minor Diety

Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:42 am
Emperor

ah, it pays to fully read posts doesn't it. :wink:

if your inventory is totally full then it may be on the ground where the demon was. dunno :?

but as far as i know there is no actual in game editor.

Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:28 am
Minor Diety

Just had my first encounter with a dragon. I was very scared, afterwards i was very disappointing. Doing a critical hit (and 97 damage) helped a lot of course but still, i ripped through him like a knife through butter. He barely scratched me. No dragon breath even, and i put on an awfull lot of cold protection :P .

ps: there should be a trophy room to hang his head though

~King of Thieves~

Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:25 pm
Emperor

heh, i take it you mean the white dragon in the snow globe. he usually does use his breath weapon, but with the amulate on most of its ignored.

Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:51 am
Minor Diety

He just didn't have time to use it, i looked at my save-game again, i must have killed him in 6 or 7 hits, he did 12 damage to me .. 12 :?

His breath wouldn't have done much damage no, i had the amulet, armor of white dragon and ring of elemental resistance, that's about 65 cold damage resistance i think :P

The random item thing is fucked up too imo, of all the items i found this far, i have 3 pieces of it. I want to find something else :cry:

~King of Thieves~

Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:15 am
Minor Diety

imagine you want to use the stone of recall because your loaded with loot, and your hp is like 5 or so. You quicksave, teleport and fall dead on the floor in the temple. HUH?
You reload, you instantly get a screen that you died and that you can reload, respawn or quit the game. :?

I never understood what the respawn was about, but now i'm so happy it was there. The game should autosave more though, in every area you enter.

btw i think i figured out what happened, i used a potion of endurance somewhere, hadn't noticed that anymore, and prolly just at the moment i quicksaved and used the stone it stopped working. Talk about bad luck.

~King of Thieves~

Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:45 am
Minor Diety

I necer use the resurrect because it costs me XP, but I quicksave every few seonds, just like I do with BGII.

Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:00 am
Minor Diety

Yeah well, since my quicksave was screwed (i was dead when the game loaded) i didn't have much options left of course. I could have used an older savegame but that was just a total waste of time. About a few hours back that was.

Btw, i'm not so sure anymore that greataxe is the way to go, i'm switching between greataxe and longsword + shield now, don't know for sure which one is best. But with the longsword i have much better AC (+4 to +6, depends which shield), and to compensate the lesser damage i'd do with the sword: i have a shield that gives +2 STR, and i do a critical hit on 17-20 (with greataxe 19-20). It will prolly depend on the opponent, but with my shield and longsword, fire giants for example barely scratch me, and they still go down pretty fast. Dragons too btw :P .

~King of Thieves~

Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:32 am
Emperor

It depends on the situation, like you basically said, both styles and weapons have their uses. In hotu AC is king, which is why improved expertise is so cool. you can hit everything anyway, why not improve your AC by 10 points?

Although in the offal module you really have to take weapon focus (unless you want to find loads of magic clubs) in sou i like to keep my weapon choices flexable. (of course i bit of a lack of decent weapons forces this view..) obviously if you want a weapon master you have no choice, but flexability is underrated imho.

Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3