It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 6:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
The Darkest Day 
Marquis

yeah remember that you've got most of if not all the BG1 characters available to use as well....makes your decision get harder anyway :roll:

if i were you i'd avoid the conversion spell

Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:59 pm
Minor Diety

Heh, TDD, been a while since i played that. Remember J, TDD is totally imbalanced in different ways, so you might gonna have to use one imbalance on the other...as in: an overpowered item/spell on an overpowered enemy, etc. :)

Don't expect too much from the "new" NPC's, most of them are poorly worked out. But in spite of this criticism TDD can be a fun challenge if you've just started re-playing BG2 like you did...the only mod(s) i would recommend over TDD for an experienced BG-2 gamer as yourself is Ascension+Redemption for ToB. Now that were some fun fights. I still can't get over it that most ppl here never did the improved Abazigal fight, wimps. :/ ;) hehe

I had the privilege to be allowed in testing the Tower of Iron Will mod; and it's great so far, so keep your eyes open for that in the longer run. :)

- Coach

Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:33 pm
Peasant

I played TDD a few times... abandoned it after discovering it was one of the buggiest mods I ever played - and just about anyone can be overpowered at will. :lol:

I been through the Improved Abazigal fight - very nasty one, it took me a few reloads to get the fight done smoothly. :?
Reminds me of the Eclipse Fight in the Sola Mod, though figuring that out was much simpler.

Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:24 pm
Minor Diety

Avaunis really kicks your ass. And his personal quest is ok too, but as Rinox sais, his character isn't much worked out.

Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:08 am
Minor Diety

I was planning now to do the harper quest first and then see whether i dump jaheira or not. But there is no poisoned harper when i leave the gates .. is this supposed to happen or should i be worried.

Oh and why are those new NPC`s all so much higher in lvl, i think i have about 180k exp and i just met Shar-Teel and she`s over 1 million .. talk about an experience gap.

I guess it will be a paladin for jaheira replacement, althoug i only have aerie for priestspells, see how that works out. Still got to decide which paladin though, and that harper quest is bugging me too.

*edit* never mind the poisoned harper problem, found out what went wrong. And i`m already getting attached to jaheira (she got cursed now), damnit.
I change my mind every time again, jaheira or a paladin. But can you believe i never had a paladin in my party to wield Carsomyr.

~King of Thieves~

Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:19 am
Minor Diety

I been through the Improved Abazigal fight - very nasty one, it took me a few reloads to get the fight done smoothly. :?
Reminds me of the Eclipse Fight in the Sola Mod, though figuring that out was much simpler.

lol, i should have known you would have played it Darkness. ;) Almost forgot about dark eclipse, that's one of my all-time 5 hardest BG fights yeah. Not much to figure out with abazigal, except that he kicks ass. What party did you beat him with? My coolest win was a three-man custom party, a barbarian, a figher/thief multi and a dualled priest of helm/mage. :) I should try it solo sometime, now i think of it.

You played Tactics btw? Was some good stuff in there too. :)

J, if you nevr used Carsomyr i suggest you get yourself a paladin. In TDD there's, apart from the holy avenger, a second super-duper paladin two-handed sword. Overpowered, ofcourse. ;) jaheira whines a lot.

- Coach

Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:30 am
Minor Diety

A second super-paladin weapon !?! Man paladin sure have all the luck of the world. Guess it`s dumping time for jaheira then. Now i only need to figure out which paladin to take with me. Guess i`ll go for keldorn, although the other one seems stronger. Only problem is i don`t feel ready for cult of the eyeless at all. Just got beaten up by a bunch of pirates (hidden door in sea bounty tavern). Can`t remember i EVER had any troubles there. Man my party sucks.

~King of Thieves~

Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:42 am
Minor Diety

Rofl, that's pretty sux0rs yeah :roll: Maybe it's just a matter of party balance. Or maybe you put difficulty on "insane". :).

P.S. I feel like badger, ehre we go again!

http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com/

- Coach

Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:51 am
Minor Diety

Yeah my party is not very fighterish oriented. I got Jan, Aerie and my wild mage which are pretty worthless in melee. Jaheira has a decent AC but that`s about it. Minsc can`t handle everything on his own. And my monk .. he always manages to get in severe trouble.
So you see why i could use a paladin in my game. :D

Only problem then is the lack of a true priest. But unbalanced will work out as well i hope :P

~King of Thieves~

Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:05 pm
Marquis

hey you know, after a while you can get it so it says the entire snake thing while it's already showing you the next badgers :roll:

Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:56 pm
Felix Rex

omg... how long did you leave that thing running? :shock:

Err...TDD. Still haven't played it. Depending on how much we kick butt toward the end of SoA, I'm thinking we may do some of the improved fights for ToB. It was just too easy last time we played.

Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:46 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeha, make sure you do the improved fights. It's good fun.:) And some stuff was actually originally in the game but got tuned down by BIS cos it was too hard for the "regular" BG player. :/ Demo for example is more than a handful now. :)

And you'll get some nice trophy pics, of you standing on two dragon bodies etc. I think i lost my trophy pic of that. :(

- Coach

Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:27 pm
Peasant

Improved Abazigal was everything I could have hoped for in a Dragon, of that you can be sure. ;) I beat him with a party of 6 a few times - and I still couldn't kill him without a couple of reloads.
As for solos, my Blade has soloed SoA-ToB without sleeping, and got through Ascension and the Sola Mod(s). I must've overworked my comp with reloads though, since after getting through Sola it gave up on me. :D

I've yet to play through tactics - maybe after the Christmas rush. :?

Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:11 pm
Minor Diety

Grmbl now jaheira is starting to hit on me. The bitch. She knows i`m going to dump her on now she`s starting to sweet-talk me. Women.

TDD seems a bit laggy, could be my computer dunno, but a bit annoying nevertheless.

Right now i don`t want to hear anything about dragons, i can`t imagine at this moment how my party would fight a dragon. Tickle him with my sword and then get blasted prolly.

Argh jaheira is such a bitch. would i stand a chance with aerie if jaheira already tried to put me in the mood??

PS: do you have to do the Cult of the Eyeless quest if you get Keldorn rightaway or do you have some days (or maybe it doesn`t matter)

~King of Thieves~

Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:33 am
Minor Diety

I think you can just pick up Keldorn and leave the sewers. I do hope your party is able to beat the goblins and the sea troll there.

Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next