It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 4:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
IWD2: Battle Squares 
Minor Diety

Post IWD2: Battle Squares
I`m kinda stuck here. You might remember them: a lot of switches to select a difficulty, a lot of fighting 1 vs 1. But my opponents are a bit too though, keep getting my ass kicked every time now. and i`m not even at a decent lvl. I still want the loot though, so i ask for your help.

HOW do you kill enemies that are so strong? Or how did YOU kill them? Btw can you return here later to clear it, my guess is no so if i go further in the game i won`t get the good stuff. But really, i even get pounded to pulp by a frost giant, how would i stand a chance against those demon-thingies?
Tactics (even dirty ones) are needed !!!!

Now i`m typing: would a wand of chromatic orb be sufficient? -> appearantly turn to stone or even kill them disappeared in iwd2 :(

i looked for some strategy guides or something but only thing i found were forums where people said they got stuck at lvl 5 so ... help help help

~King of Thieves~

Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:17 am
Minor Diety

I didnt bother with that battle-squares shit mate. It was too hard.

Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:57 pm
Minor Diety

I don't wanna chicken out on this because it's hard, but on the other side, i can't imagine that i'll be able to complete all the ranks. I searched some more for tactics, found some usefull tips, but they're not really "heroic tactics".

So far i managed to clear lvl 1 - lvl 4 with following tactic: cast stoneskin on my half-orc barbarian and let him cut the enemie to pieces. But now my problem is that it's me who's getting killed every time. :(

Anyway, i won't be able to play for a few days now, if i'm back home i'll try to complete rank 6 first, you should get a really really usefull weapon i read. I'll use cheesy tactics if necessary. but I will be victorious in the end (i hope)

if anyone else has some good tips he/she used -> gimme gimme

~King of Thieves~

Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:02 am
Minor Diety

It's really not worth it J, just skip it. I did all the levels with my apocaylptic boneguards (you could summon them before the patch lol) and it didn't yield shit. Really not worth the time, trouble and potions.

- Coach

Fri Nov 07, 2003 10:41 am
Minor Diety

Ow, i thought some rewards sounded pretty cool. Club of disruption and Brilliant short sword +5 for instance (yes i did a search for what i can win)

ah well, guess i'll find plenty of cool weapons in the game.

~King of Thieves~

Sat Nov 08, 2003 7:14 am
Minor Diety

Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:35 am
Minor Diety

No idea, i just went on and forgot that it`s there. stupid thing :x

Another question: i was just in some duergar place, and since duergar aren`t really my friends ( :D ) i just slaughtered them all. they had some neat equipment btw and i believe duergar are evil anyway so ... but did you let them alive and went to kill the monks (haven`t been there yet) or just did it the rinox-way :P

i just want to make sure i`m not screwing my game, but it`s like the fish-men in bg2 (forget the name for the moment) -> they`re evil so they die.

oh and since when do white dragons just attack people without giving them time to prepare :x
i just keep running unprepared in ambushes, but i feel like i`m doing well (not many casualties this far)

~King of Thieves~

Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:13 pm
Minor Diety

The monks seemed like straight-forward fellas to me, i didnt identify any sick evilness in them, so i let them live.

As for the Duergar, I enjoyed slaughtering them to the very last beardy bastard. These gyus are evil, they were planning an unprovoked attack on the Monks. Most of all that fucking asshole Duergar engineer, the one that makes the Doombolter? Hes a tricksy little shit. He said that he would make me an exact copy if i help him solve his problem (which i did). After i killed him i noticed his version was +3 when mine was +2.

Tricksy! FALSE! *gollum* *gollum*

Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]