It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 2:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
I confess... 
Minor Diety

Didn't work due to MP-registration probs :roll: ;)

So, i just created a new character, lawful evil fighter turned into Dwarven defender. :) I do miss my barbarian rage tho...i click for it out of habit, but it's never there :( hehe

Chose Greataxe and Dwarven axe as focus/specialty, them dwarven axes look pretty good. :) Let's hope that it wasn't a wrong choice...I'll let you know wether i kick ass or not ;)

- Coach

Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:36 pm
Stranger

Lol i started the first NWN game with a sorcerer. In charwood, quints tower i get critical error and thats it, cant continue. lol :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:41 am
Minor Diety

Hey dudes, picked up my HotU game again, and once i got into it i'm pretty much LOVING it! :D Kinda like with the original NWN really...slow start but an epic experience. My Dwarven Defender (lvl 9 fighter/10 dwarven defender atm..can't continue in DD before reaching lvl 20 :( )is kicking pretty friggin much ass, if i may say so myself. :) Dual-wielding two special Dwarven Waraxes (Axe of the Dwarf King and something else) and wearing an armor that has constant haste effect, makes for tons and tons of criticals. Hehe. Not much troubles so far, drow are a laugh (up until now, that is) and survived Undermountain just fine. Liked the design and the riddles there too. Man, this is how a game should be...compelling to the max...think i have a few sweet moments left in this game, i just freed halastar (he rocks ;) )and arrived in the Underdark itself. I kinda feel like smashing everyone there, but that will prolly take away a lot of the storyline. :roll:

I like it how you often get the choice between sneaking past something or attack in the back, and saying stuff like "I like my battles head-on" :twisted: Didn't take Deekin along, btw. Tried it for a minute but his control options looked way too complicated for a dimwitted dwarf like me ;)

Made some screenies, here we go

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Coach

Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:49 pm
Minor Diety

Best...screenshot...evaah! (for me anyway :p )

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Coach

Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:51 pm
Minor Diety

- Coach

Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:47 am
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
lol, qualty screen shots ox. yeah, that drider assasin can be a rel bitch :D

Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:13 am
Minor Diety

Tnx BJ :) I take everything back about the Drider assassin now, I've met The Maker. :roll: lol

Bastard is about the worst my Defender can get: magical attacks, and extremely hard to kill. While I'm specialized in taking physical attacks, heh. No matter, I'll take the floating ho out sometime. :)

Still enjoying myself...great dungeons, great riddles, w00t. Upgraded my Dwarven Waraxe a bit already too, made it keen, added 2 extra enchantments (+5 now) and had it regenerate 2 HP per round. Next up is making it haste me permanently, so I can chuck my current armor for the Gilded Defender, kinda wasting away in my inventory.

Anyhoo, some more screens..after The Maker it's beholder time, methinks. :D

- Coach

Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:54 pm
Emperor

glad your enjoying hotu, i how you getting on with the defender abilities? bit of a pain when you move and the effects are cancelled :roll:

Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:35 am
Minor Diety

Actually, the inability to move is not really an issue, so far. Enemies don't often tend to really run off, so it's just a matter of getting to them (with spellcasters) or have them come to you. And since I'm permanently hasted the former is not really a problem.

Besides, I have *thinks* 9 defensive stances a day now, and once activated they last on until you move again. So there's plenty of 'em. :)

Played along a bit more, of course :D Defeated the armies of the Valsharess more or less on my own...it was like me standing on the bridge, defensive stance, mowing down hordes of drow and duergar. :twisted: Dwarven defender r0x0rs...it's like i'm an immovable object, which hits back. ;) Have an ok AC (34) but not superb for a defender, but good HP (450 or something) and i got Epic Damage Reduction III. So in Cania, i don't take damage from the cold either, w00t. It's pretty cool there too, in the eight hell. Did all the quests there, including the mimic one (LOL at that), and guess who I took along? Lady Aribeth, mwuhahaha. I convinced her that being evil is the only way to go, and now she's my companian...normally speaking i wouldn't take anyone along, but she's just too..corrupted and evil to leave her there. ;) Seems like there is a sort of lust-relationship growing between me and her, too.

Had a MAJOR bummer though..I met the Long Death fellas, which is by far the hardest fight so far (without a mage, anyway). They killed Aribeth, but I was in a corner taking all of them on, with the help of some heal potions i might add. :roll: Anyway, i kill them all (was ready to take a really cool screenie :( ), i was just doing a critical on Maugrim who was near death, and BANG, the game froze. Bah bah bah. Now i can start all over again. :/ But if it worked once, it should work twice i suppose.

screens added too

- Coach

Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:37 am
Minor Diety

- Coach

Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:39 am
Minor Diety

- Coach

Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:40 am
Minor Diety

What GLORIOUS game!! I finished it, and whoah! In terms of balance I might have done better not to bring along Aribeth after all, but bleh; she's way too corrupt and evil to leave behind. ;)

I paid the Knower of Names for Mephistopheles name, so I didn't fight him the first time around. Upon leaving Cania I allowed the devils to wreak havoc among the planes; and the spirits of the dead to haunt the living. ;) Then I went to Waterdeep, and ordered Mephi into being my lackey, for all eternity, whil I would reign over the planes in a reign of evil and terror. :D with Aribeth by my side, who apparently went back to Neverwinter and put it to misery. :twisted: Oh, and killed the sleeping man, for his true love apparently was my Aribeth. My true name was pretty neat too, Dretchen the Dark. Not much from Rinox the terrible, aye? ;)

I reloaded and ordered mephi to fight me, and whooped his sorry ass there too...Dwarven Defender forever! ;) Anyway, here's some more pics

- Coach

Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:49 am
Emperor

hehe, way to whoop that ass ox, i didn't have enough cash to make meph boy my bitch when i completed, i feel the urge to replay now :wink:

the long death party can be a right pain in the arse if your a spellcaster, gonna try melee now :D

Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:06 am
Minor Diety

Hehehe...maybe i'll do it exactly the other way around, and try a spellcaster for a change. And take Deekin along ;) I had a mate playing it more or less simultaneously with a necromancer/pale master, and some spells are pretty absurdly efficient. Empowered firebrand etc. :roll:

I only barely had enough cash to get to that 500k for mephi too, thankgod i had the djinni in the bottle with me, cos you can't go back to cania there aye. :/ Bastard has a max refund of 15k an item tho, so i didn't make much (in cania max refund is a whopping 50k).

- Coach

Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9