It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
Baldur's Gate 3 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Baldur's Gate 3
Lol @ Shiny getting caught pickpocketing...did the Flaming Fist murder you? :P

@ Peltz, I played a Wizard Slayer through BG2 once. Enjoyed it, especially when I started stacking the innate magic resistance with that of some armors/swords. I would walk into a lich's lair on my own and shrug off all of his attacks. Lots of fun. In BG2 they could use (some) potions btw - most importantly healing ones. Can imagine it being a massive pain in the ass if those are restricted in IWD as well.

- Coach

Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:52 am
Minor Diety

New screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/RMQ8QCi

And the stream tonight with some gameplay and hopefully info on early access; they've announced it will be later this year but that's all. Can be watched on their Youtube channel 12pm pst, 3pm est, 8pm gmt and 9pm cet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bRyG5W ... e=youtu.be

edit: I switched the stream off after just under an hour. It looks a great game. It looks like Divinity 3. Not BG3. Turn based combat; I was under the impression you'd have options, like in the Dragon Age games but it's seeming they're not doing that now. If they are they didn't say/I missed them saying it. Curious to see what others think, particularly those who've played and enjoyed both BG and Divinity.

Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:41 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I don't disagree that it looks like a mix of original sin and BG pev...but I think its looks like a 'best of both worlds' kind of thing. :-) It looks like they took the engine, party system, environments and combat system from original sin and then coupled it to the D&D rules set, world, classes, races and skills. I think it has the potential to be a classic game! But let's wait and see what the early access is like.

I will say that I'll miss the real time with pause from the original, but not because it was superior....just because I was used to it. I already like that we can sneak in turn based BEFORE combat in this game, which should make a world of difference!

- Coach

Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:54 pm
Minor Diety

I think it looks a great game. But I haven't finished original sin 1 or 2 yet so as it looks like original sin 3, I'll play it after those ;)

Apparently alignments/rep are in but pretty much affect nothing :(

They've done some kind of interview to say it's not actually aimed at people who played BG1 and 2, but is in fact aimed at those who do the table top game. Niall's point, and I agree, is that if they're doing that, they really shouldn't call it BG3 as it leads people to think it's a sequel to the video games. Should've been "something something: A Baldur's Gate adventure".

I really do love they've kept the environmental stuff in like setting fire to patches of oil.

Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:10 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

pevil wrote:
They've done some kind of interview to say it's not actually aimed at people who played BG1 and 2, but is in fact aimed at those who do the table top game. Niall's point, and I agree, is that if they're doing that, they really shouldn't call it BG3 as it leads people to think it's a sequel to the video games. Should've been "something something: A Baldur's Gate adventure".

Fair enough! I didn't hear that message but I'm sure you're right. That is a bit of a disappointment then...but maybe they'll infuse it with some more BG-y stuff later? Maybe they just held off on showing Minsc and co? ;-) But that's unlikely as they're going with the same sort of "origin story" system as in DOS2. :-( So likely there won't be any recruitable characters beyond the first part of the game.

- Coach

Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:56 am
Stranger

https://www.pcgamer.com/baldurs-gate-3- ... g-we-know/

PC gamer info on BG3

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:40 pm
Minor Diety

So Larian has been addressing some of the concerns that the game won't be very connected to the original BG games at all...he's not saying much but at least it's something:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/0 ... ay-larian/

Quote:
“Let me just say that we touch upon the story of BG 1 & 2 in meaningful ways,” Vincke says. “There are returning characters and what happened in BG 1/2/[Throne of Bhaal] leads to what happens in BG3. You won’t necessarily see that at the start of the adventure, but you will quickly understand once you get further into the game.”

- Coach

Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:48 am
Minor Diety

Will give that article a read, going to bed in a mo so won't right now. Niall did mention something along those lines. To me that sounds like "Shit, we've pissed people off... quick, tell them this!" because they originally said it was nothing to do with the story at all from 1&2, simply that you visit Baldur's Gate. Obviously not gonna complain if we get mentions/cameos/whatever to tie us to the originals.

Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:55 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I read someone (of dev team or so) hinting you might run into Minsc and Boo. If they're smart, they know they have to do these little things to keep the crowd happy. :D

~King of Thieves~

Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:42 am
Minor Diety

Yep to be honest I'd probably forgive anything and everything if I just have the chance to click Boo "squeak"

Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:31 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

- Coach

Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:09 pm
Felix Rex

lol, that's awesome

Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:28 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Love it!

Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:56 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Two new trailers! One is actually from late February but I completely missed it, and the other only just came out. The older one is a full cinematic trailer and it's awesome. :bow:

A mind flayer ship showing some mysterious circumstances (What's with the dead flayers inside? Why are they picking up and planting mind worms into these people?) being chased by a group of what looks like dragon-riding githyanki or ghitzerai...YES PLEASE. This already has a much more D&D vibes and feels less like an Original Sin game. It helps that it's a cinematic trailer and not gameplay of course but still. :roll: Enjoy!

And here's the recent one:

- Coach

Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:48 pm
Minor Diety

Shame on you for missing that trailer, even i had seen it :P

~King of Thieves~

Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next