It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
Baldur's Gate 3 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Baldur's Gate 3
Peltz wrote:
So it's like 30 days to release.

Ox you want to coop this perhaps?

I've already committed to playing it in coop with my gf so gonna pass man, sorry. :-(

Hard to believe it's coming out next week!! :o I might actually play it on release...assuming there aren't multiple reports about terrible bugs coming in right away.

174 hours?! I may have to quit my job in order to finish the game. :P I am hyping myself up with preview videos and class descriptions etc and it all sounds sexy as hell. Fingers crossed!

Did you guys hear about the bear sex scene? The fact they bothered to put something like this in the game makes me think there must be so many of these small decisions and actions you can take. Also lol @ the poor squirrel at the end

- Coach

Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:42 am
Felix Rex

Oh man, I heard about the bear scene, but didn't watch it. That is hilarious. I also didn't realize the game was releasing on August 3rd. I thought it was later in the month. Oh my... I really need to finish AC: Valhalla. :roll:

Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:00 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Quote:
174 hours

You won't be seeing them in one playthrough though as you actions/decisions will influence which ones you can see.

Quote:
I've already committed to playing it in coop with my gf so gonna pass man, sorry.

Blashphemy. *beep, beep, boop, beep, boop* Agent 47? A contract you might be interested in just came up :D.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:56 am
Stranger

By the way, not sure if you noticed, but the max level for characters is 12. Will probably be increased in expanisons. So if you plan to multiclass you should keep this in mind.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:06 am
Minor Diety

Mmm 12 seems pretty low, but I'm sure it'll be fine. Might turn off some of the peeps who are addicted to levelling up tho. :lol:

Too bad I can't open the blinds anymore now I know Peltz has a sniper aimed at my windows, but I guess I won't need to open them if BG3 is anywhere as good as it looks. :P

Have you guys considered what class/origin/race you want to play as? I'm considering The Dark Urge as an origin but maybe I should keep that for a second playthrough...the owner of larian has said that he thinks new players should probably play the game as a custom character without an origin at first, so they can get to know the different characters (they are available as recruitable NPCs as well) and can then explore their back stories even further when picking their origin for a new playthrough.

- Coach

Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:44 am
Stranger

Quote:
now I know Peltz has a sniper aimed at my windows

What, who? me? Never. Also you are not the problem in this equation.

Anyway i am definitely going for 5lvls of beastmaster. After that i'm thinking either A) more beastmaster, B) Multi to arcane trickster for sneak damage C) 5beastmaster, 2spore druid, 5 arcane trickster. Jack of all trades, master of none.

i will be going for dual wield either way. BMaster and trickster combo does make more sense to go ranged but that would be too convenient.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:25 am
Felix Rex

Oh man, you guys have your playthroughs planned out way better than me. I don't really have any idea. I usually like playing clerics because healing + beating people up in heavy armor is pretty awesome, but there are just so many freaking options. Plus female tieflings look awesome, so I almost want to go down that road. So many options!

Oh, not sure if you saw, but Larian recommended deleting any previous save games and actually uninstalling and BG3 pre-release stuff you may have, then installing the full release. Considering the size of the game, that may take a bit of time.

Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:36 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

4h of download left. Will start tomorrow.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:03 am
Felix Rex

I did the recommend uninstall/reinstall and started a game. I screwed up and got myself into a bad situation, had to reload, and lost a good 30 minutes of play... so be sure to save a lot. :D It's cool... this is the BG I'm used to. I decided to go a bit different.. I'm playing a drow ranger with a focus in archery. Not my usual cleric healer type.

By the way... when I'm not rangering, I do K-Pop.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:35 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Drow ranger is a pretty cool choice! I was torn between a customer origin githyanki warrior (two handed sword so I could wield a sexy silver sword) and a duergar tank with the Dark Urge origin. In the end I flipped a coin on it and it came up heads, aka Dark Urge duergar. :P Both (sub)races seemed like a good choice since they have a long standing animosity towards mind flayers. I'm mildly worried about how the dark urge origin will influence my game but it's not like it's my first rodeo as a depraved chaotic evil monster. :roll:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Coach

Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:01 pm
Felix Rex

I'm not really familiar with what Dark Urge means. I googled it, but the spoilers were thick and heavy so I abandoned that. Can you provide a quick synopsis that's spoiler free?

BTW, there was a patch today, I like reading patch notes, and I noticed there were a bunch of spoiler tags around them. I love that Larian takes spoilers that seriously. Bravo.

I'm still exploring the wilderness. I'm proud to say that the first dungeon that shows up near the beginning was pretty much a cakewalk for me, including the big ol' undead attack that happens at on point. This compares very favorably to how I royally screwed up or barely survived this section in pre-release.

Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:39 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Sure: it's basically a 7th 'origin', but unlike the other ones you are not tied to a specific character (like Shadowheart, Wyll, etc.) if you pick it and can choose your own class, race etc freely. You are haunted by an incredible thirst for violence and murder but have no memory of your past or why or how you became the way you are. That's the short of it.

And man...it gets dark. Like, really dark. :lol: Even to the point where I go "that's a bit much". I'm barely a few hours into the game and I've already done some unspeakable things and they were only partially within my control. I won't tell you much more than that in case you ever want to try it, because some of them already had a severe impact on the story/characters around me. But these screenshots of some of my character's musings should give you an idea.

I'm still trying to resist it somewhat but maybe I'll end up leaning in eventually, if I can reconnect with my chaotic evil ways of the past. :roll: But it's almost a shame to 'ruin' a story like this one with my madness haha. Because man, this game....it's SO GOOD. Everything I've seen so far has been incredible.

- Coach

Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:38 pm
Minor Diety

Satis wrote:
I'm not really familiar with what Dark Urge means. I googled it, but the spoilers were thick and heavy so I abandoned that. Can you provide a quick synopsis that's spoiler free?

BTW, there was a patch today, I like reading patch notes, and I noticed there were a bunch of spoiler tags around them. I love that Larian takes spoilers that seriously. Bravo.

I'm still exploring the wilderness. I'm proud to say that the first dungeon that shows up near the beginning was pretty much a cakewalk for me, including the big ol' undead attack that happens at on point. This compares very favorably to how I royally screwed up or barely survived this section in pre-release.

I'm really struggling with some fights, but I think it was also because I passed on some early party members joining because I was a dick.

Very early game super light spoiler:
(I didn't rescue Shadowheart in the Illithid ship at first, and I didn't release the gith lady from the cage because she refused to say please)

Now that I've realized I need some help for some of these battles things are going better. It's a clever way for the game to force you to team up even if it may not be in your character's nature.

- Coach

Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:43 pm
Minor Diety

Keep up the spoiler-free updates please, I'm curious at least! Ox... you're a messed up puppy

Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:56 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

The combat sucks until level 5 no matter which/what way you go. Some fights you are supposed to lose, like the githyanki patrol. They killed off two of my level 5s (Lae'zel and my main beastmaster) in the first round of combat. You'd have to do some epic level scheming to win but it's just not worth the time.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next