It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 6:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Baldur's Gate 3 
Felix Rex

Post Re: Baldur's Gate 3
Well, you all are way further along than me. I'm happy to say that the big bug fix they dropped fix my farmer's tan issues, so that's great. It also seems to have a fixed a magic chest I was hauling around that reduced item weight... I don't know if that second fix was on purpose or not and haven't really bothered to actually read the patch notes. Mostly because I'm being lazy.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:31 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Did the grilled miniature giant space hamster squeak when you ate it? :)

Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:00 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Peltz wrote:
Well I finally managed to reach the end. Overall I'm not happy/satisfied with the game, not much to add to the issues already discussed. I clocked in about 195hours so definitely not a short game.

The end. :D

195 hours? Oh dear. :lol: I've got a long way to go then still! Sorry you didn't like the game much Peltz, but thankfully still well enough to keep playing it until the end, at least. That's already a good sign in these times of jade. :wink:

I've been exploring Baldur's Gate proper now and it's huuuuge. :o I was like "oh wow the game's tempo is really speeding up now, I'll be at the end before I know it", but it seems like that isn't anywhere near the case yet. And I'm glad. :P I will say one thing: I kind of miss the BG2 style map that shows all the city districts on the map and allows you to click on one of them to fast travel. BG3's map and fast travel system works fine but I would have loved that extra bit of nostalgia.

I'm also extremely happy I've got access to many shops again where I can finally sell my loot and/or buy great new gear and health potions. :roll: I'm trying to keep my murderous instincts a tiny bit in check here so I don't just end up having to slaughter my way through hordes of civilians and guards in order to get somewhere. Which is not to say I've been slacking on my evil doing, I'm just being a bit more subtle about it. Like, murdering people out of sight and getting away with it.

It also seems like I stumbled into a part of the city I wasn't "supposed" to be in yet, after I murdered a bunch of guards who refused to let me pass. They were guarding a raised drawbridge, and after murdering them I realized that killing them didn't give me any options to lower the bridge either (not that I really cared anyway, blood is blood). Instead of trying to find another way around I just climbed/flew/jumped unto the roof of a tall building near the drawbridge, looked for an angle where I could see an area to land on and jumped over there with a potion of glorious vaulting. :lol: Absolutely hilarious to see a duergar jump a 30-foot gap in one go. I love that you can bypass the "regular" path by getting creative with the mechanics.

The game is starting to throw some interesting dillemmas at me too, in terms of who you trust, how far you take some of the powers they offer, etc. I'm digging it. Glad the big bug fix helped your issues Satis, I'm mostly doing ok apart from some visual glitches during conversations and (weirdly) my party's character protraits glitching out when levelling up. My mage's is just black now, and Shadowheart's looks weird.

lol @ that wolf. I should really talk to animals more but it's not really in my character's nature to bother. Also, a Seldarine drow? Isn't that kind of a contradiction? Like a good duergar. :wink:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Coach

Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:34 pm
Minor Diety

Ox: I'm trying not to commit mass murder in the city
Also Ox: I killed a bunch of guards

Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:47 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Glad you're digging the game, Ox. I haven't quite gotten to the tower yet, though I did massacre a certain creche. I'm actually trying to play good (hence Seldarine!), but it can be difficult at times. Not sure if I mentioned this, but I've gone all in on romancing Lae'zel. It really wasn't the plan... I was more looking for a quick roll in the hay while I waited for Shadowheart to come around, but things happen I guess. :roll:

Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:55 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

pevil wrote:
Ox: I'm trying not to commit mass murder in the city
Also Ox: I killed a bunch of guards

Guards don't count as people. :roll: :P They were trying to stop me from getting to where I wanted to be! They made their own choices. 8-)

@ Satis you mean Moonrise Towers right? You've got a whoooole lot of game ahead of you, almost jealous. :-) And lol @ Lae'zel...that's how it goes yes. And in the game, too!

I've actually succesfully romanced Shadowheart, but you won't be surprised that I've done so by pushing her deeper and deeper into her darkness. Just finished her personal quest too, which was pretty cool and interesting. Other than that I've mostly been exploring the city and doing little quests here and there, but I can't really tell you about the more interesting things I did out of fear of spoilers. The city is still standing and I didn't go on a mass genocide streak yet, but I have otherwise been lowering myself even more into depravity and murder, to great success. Oh, and I somehow made my blood flammable. :lol: So every time I spill my own blood and it comes into contact with fire, shit explodes. Hilarious. Works pretty well for a tanky character like mine, too!

Some more pics

- Coach

Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:12 am
Minor Diety

I'd like to think you have the weirdest playthrough out there Ox, but knowing the Internet yours is probably pretty tame.

Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:07 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

The more I read about Ox's playthrough, the more I think I'm going to hold off on the dark urge run for later. :roll:

Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:33 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hahaha I think I'm probably even more depraved than most tbh Pev, considering that you can also push back against the Dark Urge. Not that I have done so, or know if that would change anything. :roll: But I still get the option to say "good" things most of the time...or to feel guilty/horrified by my own actions or those of others.

I haven't had much time to play the past 2 weeks, but finally got back to it yesterday. Finished the companion quest of my only other remaining recruitable story NPC (Astarion). I really liked it, and of course I leaned into the 'evil' side of it pretty hard again. I'm not gonna give you any spoilers but let's just say he's becoming much more powerful but also a bit...scary. Gone is the witty, sarcastic Astarion of before, he's become pretty serious and dark and I'm not sure I like having competition in my party. :lol: We'll see how it turns out.

Today I want to get back to the main storyline and crush some more skulls in my march to inevitable world domination. :mrgreen:

- Coach

Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:09 am
Minor Diety

Carbot strikes again

https://youtu.be/YrEIJRTh0Xw?si=KgXsQIlzWdGMWyb3

Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:22 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Yup, that was good. :mrgreen:

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:46 pm
Felix Rex

I'm taking my time with the game... I'm just past moonrise towers in that place with all the smushy things. I think I must be a bad influence because I convinced Shadowheart to abandon her god and Lae'zel to disavow her queen. Astarion is just Astarion. I definitely don't regret being a ranger though... having my character be able to sit in the back and snipe casters and other squishy dudes (and interrupt their concentration) has definitely been a good thing.

That said, I did end up reloading a bunch of times so Jaheira wouldn't get herself freaking killed. She's a terrible character in this game. It's really sad. I know they bring her and a few other original BG characters back in the game... but where the hell is Viconia!? She's a drow... if Jaheira is still alive, why isn't she? Maybe she's busy ruling an underdark kingdom somewhere, I don't know.

Sorry if any of that had spoilers. :roll:

Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:27 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Lol @ Jaheira. I'm pretty sure you can just resurrect her after the battle even if she does die, no? At least that's what I did with Laezal when she got killed before she was ever in my party. That's assuming the body isn't completely mangled beyond any recognition of course. I'm not gonna respond to your Viconia question but I can tell you that in my game I ran into 3 former party members from BG2, but I don't think all of them can join your party this time. Just keep in mind that BG3 takes place about 100+ years after BG2, so apart from Elves most races won't have the life span to appear in the game (barring some magical shenanigans of course).

I finished BG3 before I left on holiday for 2 weeks and I didn't tell you guys about it yet, shame on me! I loved every minute of the game and the finale was pretty cool too. Needless to say, I ended up bathing the world in blood...I can't tell you much about the details but I went for absolute power at the expense of every shred of humanity or decency I had left. And I somewhat forced my remaining companions to serve by my side as I usher in an age of slaughter. Good times. :roll:

I'm planning a second run on tactician where I don't wantonly murder everyone and try to be a decent person, but I'm not sure about what class and race I want to play yet. I must have missed so much content because of all the murder sprees.

- Coach

Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:51 am
Felix Rex

No resurrecting Jaheira if she dies. The only way to really keep her alive in that fight is to have her join your party. Which is fine... you don't lose anyone. She just shows up as an extra.

That's mildly spoilery, but more so...
I know that Jaheira, Minsc and Boo show up. Is there another? A yes/no is sufficient... I don't want to know who if there is.

Meanwhile I haven't played much. I'm attempting to get into Baldur's Gate through an intervening stronghold and just kinda petered out for now. This is fine. I'll go back renewed. I'm still enjoying the game, but taking it easy still. I don't feel a burning urge to see what's around the next corner, but that's probably more me than the game.

Regarding your party... is that a female with a beard, like a dwarf or a gnome or something? :shock:

Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:09 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Satis wrote:
No resurrecting Jaheira if she dies. The only way to really keep her alive in that fight is to have her join your party. Which is fine... you don't lose anyone. She just shows up as an extra.

That's mildly spoilery, but more so...
I know that Jaheira, Minsc and Boo show up. Is there another? A yes/no is sufficient... I don't want to know who if there is.

Meanwhile I haven't played much. I'm attempting to get into Baldur's Gate through an intervening stronghold and just kinda petered out for now. This is fine. I'll go back renewed. I'm still enjoying the game, but taking it easy still. I don't feel a burning urge to see what's around the next corner, but that's probably more me than the game.

Regarding your party... is that a female with a beard, like a dwarf or a gnome or something? :shock:

The answer to your spoilery question is yes, but he or she is not a recruitable party member like in BG2.

I know the part of the game you're at and I can understand that you're a little 'stuck' there. I wasn't sure how to get past it when I got there, and I ended up brute forcing my way in and through. I basically
used flight and potions of glorious vaulting to get my party from the rooftop of a nearby building on the other side of the pulled up drawbridge and proceeded to murder everyone inside
. I'm sure there is a more subtle approach (or more than one) but it felt fitting for my run. Will be doing it a little different in my upcoming second run of course.

It's a (male) gnome! All recruitable NPCs except for Shadowheart and Astarion left or died, and I didn't have a spellcaster, so I hired a mercenary wizard from Withers. He's been my 4th man for much of the game and did a great job, but of course he doesn't say anything and doesn't have any personal quests. :-(

- Coach

Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next