It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
Baldur's Gate 3 
Stranger

Post Baldur's Gate 3

Personally I think its going to fail to live up to the expectation, should've gone for Icewind Dale 3 instead.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:36 am
Stranger

Post Re: Baldur's Gate 3
Quote:
A lot of stuff has happened in Forgotten Realms. A lot of stuff has happened in Baldur's Gate, so this is going to be a new entry.

There will obviously be references to everything that happened in the first and the second, but this is very much its own story. You needn't have played the previous Baldur's Gates to understand what's going on, but if you have, you will recognize the references.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/baldu ... 0-6467440/

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:13 pm
Minor Diety

I hate mindflayers :) ... and new i surely will need a new pc.

~King of Thieves~

Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:33 am
Stranger

I don't think it will be very tech demanding title. The video was CGI anyway and not in-game footage.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:49 am
Minor Diety

Trust me, i don't know what graphics card i'm running, but it's a very old computer with an even older card, since the previous died a couple of years ago. :lol:

Will be interesting to see some ingame footage someday, guess it won't be the oldschool view from the top.

~King of Thieves~

Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:09 am
Minor Diety

Btw just read that BG3 will be available on "Stadia" the online google game platform thingie.

It better not be exclusive! :x

~King of Thieves~

Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:46 am
Minor Diety

It's not exclusive, it will be PC as well. GoG has it listed already so it's on my wishlist and I may have taken advantage of their summer sale to rebuy BG/BG2/IWD/IWD2/NWN/NWN2/Planescape for about the billionth time. Maybe, just maybe, they'll get completed this time. Well IWD has been completed before but no others.

*wanders off as though it hasn't been years since posting on this forum*

Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:45 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

pevil wrote:
*wanders off as though it hasn't been years since posting on this forum*

:lol:

That's how this started in the first place right: walkthroughonline forum, talking about Baldur's Gate.

~King of Thieves~

Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:41 pm
Minor Diety

:lol: I didn't even think of that! I'm just a bleeding genius without even knowing it.

Can't think of BG without thinking of you guys. Started my playthrough earlier. Many deaths already. Golden pantaloons picked up. Imoen annoying as ever.

Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:32 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

I'm currently on a IWD1:EE playthrough. Took about hour and half to roll my party, entered the game, first goblin arrow killed my mage. Good times :D.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:23 pm
Minor Diety

Time well spent then!

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/baldurs-gate ... ming-show/ BG3 will be at the PC Gaming show, whether we'll find anything more out who knows.

"Watch the PC Gaming Show on Monday June 10 at 10 am PDT (1 pm EDT, 6 pm BST) at twitch.tv/pcgamer or on Facebook, YouTube, or Twitter."

Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:25 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

You weren't wrong Pev!

Baldur's Gate 3 has now been officially announced, and it will be made by Larian (who proved their chops with Original Sin 1 and 2). The reveal trailer is a bit gruesome but also pretty awesome. If you're wondering what's going on: we're back in the city of Baldur's Gate (going by the Flaming Fist mercenary) and the mind flayers/illithid seem to have risen. The metamorphosis in the video is how mind flayers are 'born', by growing out of a humanoid host.

CAN'T FUCKING WAIT!!! :bow: :bow:

- Coach

Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:21 pm
Stranger

Finished my IWD:EE run. My party of 6 was: Wizard slayer (fighter), Priest of umm something, a wild mage, a mage dualled to thief, an archer and a avenger druid (a druid with a few mage spells).

The Wizard Slayer: Basically a bad choice. The archer is so insane with the bow there is no need for a mage hunter. None of the mages lived long enough to pose any serious threat.
The Priest: Kept my fighter alive and buffed since the fighter can't use potions or items.
Wild Mage: Crowd control and summoning, most useful for the zerg fights.
4th level mage dualled into a thief: decoy with boots of speed and evasion/mirror image. With some help from the cleric had ac of -9. Mostly used the crossbow because backstabing is pointless if you have an archer in the party.
The Archer: Has 5 attacks per round. Single-handedly took down ettins and other high hp creatures. Absolutely insane damage output even with basic arrows. Think 5*13 damage in about 6 seconds.
The Avenger druid: Summons and debuffs. Mostly under utilised because of the Archer. Had some fun with lightning bolts though :D.

Concluding thoughts: Don't roll a wizard slayer. The inability to use magic items and potions and the fact that there's a really low number of wizards makes him sort of pointless. All in all I liked my stay in the frozen north. Too bad there will be no IWD2:EE. Apparently the source code is lost.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:13 pm
Minor Diety

I haven't gotten so far, can't play games that require any thinking very often with my health right now so this is where I am. How we all love Noober...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:07 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

I tried to play BG again with Shiny a while back... she got caught trying to pick-pocket in candle keep, we got slaughtered, and didn't have a save. So... yea, that playthrough didn't last very long. :roll: I'm very hopefully about BG3. It doesn't need to have anything to do with BG1 and 2... just a modern take on that world is fine for me.

You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Btw... I like Imoen. :D

Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:14 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 158 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next