It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Shadowrun 
Felix Rex

Post Shadowrun
This came up recently in another thread, about how Shadowrun was cool, but the Dragonfall expansion made it awesome.

Anyway, 2 pieces of news in case you were not aware. Dragonfall was re-released as a full stand-alone game called Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut. If you already owned the original Dragonfall, it's in your Steam library for free. There's apparently more stuff in there and some improvements, yada yada. From the Steam page:

Quote:
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director’s Cut is a standalone release of Harebrained Schemes' critically-acclaimed Dragonfall campaign, which first premiered as a major expansion for Shadowrun Returns. The Director's Cut adds a host of new content and enhancements to the original game: 5 all-new missions, alternate endings, new music, a redesigned interface, team customization options, a revamped combat system, and more - making it the definitive version of this one-of-a-kind cyberpunk RPG experience.

NOTE: The Director’s Cut is free to existing owners of the Dragonfall expansion for Shadowrun Returns. It will be automatically added to your Steam Library when the game is released.

The second item is that there's a new expansion or whatever, Shadowrun: Hong Kong. It's in pre-purchase right now and discounted to $19.99 at the moment. Regular price is $29.99. Anyway, thought I'd mention it. I won't be buying it yet... too many games on my to-play list. However, some of you others may be tempted.

Thu May 21, 2015 6:46 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Post Re: Shadowrun
I've already kickstarted Shadowrun Hong Kong to get it on the cheap, but thanks for the heads up. :) Don't think I will be replaying Dragonfall, not because it wasn't awesome, but it'll still be largely the same game and I've been there, done that. Like you, there are many games to play and so little time to do it.

They've released some screenshots from Hong Kong, mostly just for atmospheric effect. They're pretty cool.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/05 ... reenshots/

- Coach

Sat May 23, 2015 12:02 pm
Minor Diety

In case it wasn't clear already (this thread is several months old :) ) Shadowrun: Hong Kong is out now. Haven't played it yet though.

- Coach

Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:07 am
Felix Rex

Yea, I did notice it was out, but haven't purchased it.

Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:55 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]