It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
The Madventure Company - POE 2: Deadfire 
Stranger

Post The Madventure Company - POE 2: Deadfire
So i started a new game on the highest difficulty with level scaling on but only upwards. I did choose most of the good blessings that were available since I already completed the game. So here begins the journey of Madventure Company.

Since there's room for 5 I chose:
Peltz the Undecided: Godlike full plate wearing Paladin/Druid. A confused druid that doesn't like nature very much.
Rinox the Terrible: Dwarven Barbarian/Mage. A dwarven mercenary of-course.
Derf the Ranger: Amuan rogue/mage. The man with the plan...to get everyone killed of-course by agroing too many too soon.
Satis the Sane: Elven Fighter/Priest. Still can't believe he's in the same company with Derf.
Shiny the Friendly: Elven Chanter/Mage. She brings friends to the fight.

They are all Dexterity/Might builds for melee combat. The magic is there to only enhance it. Rinox ofcourse uses axes, Satis uses flails, Shiny sabers and the others whatever is at hand. Shiny is going to be summoning help (hence the friendly) and she picks people's pockets naturally. Derf is the scout with mechanics and some stealth skills.

Needless to say I've had to reload a few times already. The fight in Port Maje in the flooded district is pretty much impossible at the moment. By the time I reached the first enemy, one of my team was already dead and another had lost half of his hp. So i left town to combat something easier. Made short work of some Xaurips but at the Adra excavation site I was again defeater by some boars. I reloaded and managed to win but Rinox, Satis and Shiny were knocked out. Note that one of the boars in this fight has two skulls on his name.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:43 pm
Stranger

Post Re: The Madventure Company - POE 2: Deadfire
Just for the record i switched off the level scaling. I'm sure there are people who appreciate the 45 minute epic triumph against a level 6 pig but I'm not that person.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:50 am
Minor Diety

:lol: Good example, seems like the best (logical) decision.

~King of Thieves~

Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:51 am
Stranger

So i've had some successes and some losses. I have now reached Neketaka and i'm gathering up equipment so I can actually fight something. Since my party is lacking in crowd control, the fights tend to be either 'combat begins, your dead' or I win without much effort.

I boarded a Principi dhow that had 11 crewmembers and they totally massacred my crew even though we were roughly same level. The first round immediately took down one of my party members so it was pretty much downhill from there.

I did have success against one of the bounty targets, a drake. No losses there.

I took on the goldpact knights at The Hole. Shiny was taken out by a rogue with a special attack but the others had no great difficulty of chopping that group to pieces. However the fight outside with the band of thieves was a whole different story. About a minute into the fight I lost Rinox and Shiny. Satis was soon taken out as well. Derf however managed to save the day once my Not-so-fond-of-Nature druid/paladin had engaged the rest of the rabble, derf took out the archers with assassination attacks. And the rest of the thieves were taken out as well. Awesome fight. However i had to rest and so i lost the +50% healing buff.

So then I made my way to Delver's Row and attacked the highwayman there. That didn't go so well. There were just too many and Derf refused to stop moving into the middle of the incoming horde (this is was a path-finding issue as the game has quite many problems with it). So he was taken out quick, Rinox and Satis followed soon after because the enemy mage cast blindness on all of us. Then down went the druid and so only Shiny remained but only for about 3 seconds :D.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:29 am
Minor Diety

A Barbarian....MAGE?! I'm outraged! :x What kind of spells do you use to enhance my fighting abilities exactly? Maybe you can salvage something from this trainwreck yet. :-D

Glad to hear you're having fun with the fights! Although the one-shotting sounds a bit annoying. Maybe it's getting less now you have better equipment and skills to protect yourself with though? Sounds like skills (and items) that allow you to break engagement would be a lot more important and tactical at PotD difficulty, same for damage mitigating ones. On normal you don't usually notice that much of an impact and can take a few knocks, even a disengagement attack, but that shit won't fly for you.

I liked to use the Withdraw spell with the priests btw https://pillarsofeternity2.wiki.fextralife.com/Withdraw

Casts almost instantly and stops almost dead characters from being attackable and allows them to recover health at the same time. Great low level spell. Did you find a lot more useful spells that you kind of ignored before btw? On normal I ended up spamming the same spells mostly as I knew them well and they were 'safe', so would be nice to have to diversify a bit. i'll definitely play my next game on hard too, but maybe not your level of hard. :-D We'll see.

There's supposed to be a megaboss coming soon if you're looking for a real challenge. :-) They also added 2 new game challenges, but I think you may have had to pick them before you started the game. :-(

Quote:
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire is a game that we loved quite a lot and it’s great to see Obsidian supporting the game with new content even months after release. The developers have now released a new patch for the game, patch 2.0.1, which adds some new challenges to test your party’s skills along with various other fixes. They also revealed that they will be bringing the first Mega Boss, which is an endgame challenge, to the game next month.

The first of the new challenges that have been added with the current update is called Abydon, and if you enable it, it’ll add weapon durability- your weapons and armor will wear down as you use more of them, and they will get damaged and eventually break. The mods can be removed through enchantments, but this challenge will add a level of strategy to consider when equipping armor and weapons in the game.

The other challenge is called Skaen, and when enabled, it increases the effect of fog of war during nighttime or when you’re indoors. It can be offset with the use of torches and lanterns, but don’t expect those to be too effective either. Finally, if you’re itching for some super challenging boss fight, you should watch out for the Mega Boss that will be added next month, which I mentioned above, as this is a boss that is meant to test the skills of a high-level party.

Anyway, keep us updated on your progress! As for the level scaling, it's supposed to be relatively flexible (but I turned it off before the game started too). As in, it doesn't scale EVERYTHING in the Oblivion glass armor highwaymen kind of way. But within 6 levels of yourself, or something. Anyway, doesn't matter.

- Coach

Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:53 pm
Stranger

Well so far I've been travelling around Neketaka buying up weapons and armor. Nothing interesting happening at the moment.

I did pick up the glove quest from Periki's Overwatch and tried to beat some sense into the rauatain captain, turns out this aggros the entire district. Needless to say a reload was in order after they butchered the party.

As for your character its all about crits, speed and armor rating plus deflection. I think the first one is Merciless Gaze, the second is health damaging haste and then Iron Skin or some other protection. The Merciless Gaze is cool looking spell, it causes small beams shine out from the casters eyes. The build videos I've watched, they go for Chitzen's Lance spell that summons a two handed spear. That is an area of effect weapon so it can damage all enemies around the caster but that just wouldn't do for my party, so axes it is. I mean taking the mage class was sacrilege enough, no need to push it more :D.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:45 am
Minor Diety

Peltz wrote:
The Merciless Gaze is cool looking spell, it causes small beams shine out from the casters eyes.

What?! That does sound pretty awesome. :o I never used any of these stat-enhancing wizard spells as I mostly went with "pure" classes, so the wizard I did have was a DPS/crowd control one and not a buff guy. I left that to my priest and my main character (fighter/priest). Even then I mostly focused on defensive buffs as I was tanking/keeping enemies engaged. Worked really nicely too btw - with a spear+shield style, incredible defense and tons of engagements from my subclasses I could draw so many enemies and bully them while the rest of the party piled on the damage.

I may get a bit more creative for my next run, clearly. :P

- Coach

Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:34 am
Stranger

See the pic below. Pity it doesnt last for the whole duration of the spell.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:52 am
Minor Diety

That's pretty damn badass 8-)

I also love Spark the Souls of the Righteous, (priest spell). That shit can fuck up large groups of enemies when used on a solid tank!

- Coach

Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:27 am
Minor Diety

How's the crusade going Peltz?

- Coach

Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:22 pm
Stranger

Took a break. Will continue next week probably.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:27 pm
Felix Rex

Satis the Sane and Shiny the Friendly? :lol:

Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:36 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I think he was being sarcastic ;-)

Peltz, the new challenge modes are out now.

- Coach

Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]