Cyberpunk 2077 
Stranger

Post Cyberpunk 2077
From the makers of "The Witcher"

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:20 pm
Minor Diety

Post Re: Cyberpunk 2077
As someone who loves The Witcher and loves cyberpunk, this one is very much on my 'to watch' list. :) Nice trailer, although it doesn't say much yet.

- Coach

Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:38 am
Minor Diety

They do make some incredible trailers...

Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:07 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjF9GgrY9c0

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:26 pm
Minor Diety

Jesus Christ that was amazing. Pretty much loved every minute of the whole video...I think this one might be the next massive game I'm waiting for. :) Hell, I may even preorder. Not like CDProjekt ever let me down before.

- Coach

Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:22 pm
Stranger

Found a fitting quote for this game from gamespot comments section: "Now every other game looks boring" :D.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:26 pm
Felix Rex

I can't believe this thread starting in 2013.

Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:37 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Way to make us feel old dude. :(

- Coach

Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:14 am
Minor Diety

Well Niall has it on PS4, not ideal but that's all he's got :P

After the fun of the 45Gb patch he finally got it up and running Thursday evening. He didn't get too far but had a few niggles, such as the menu which is clearly set up for the PC and requires 'clicking' everything; no using triggers or bumpers to move between menus. Also everything is tiny! There's a huge screen width like this <-------------------------------------------> and all the options are crammed into a space like this <----->

He had one crash yesterday, at a known spot for crashes and the instant he got back in-game it said there was a 17Gb patch. The patch kindly reset all the options he'd fiddled with so he had to go and do all that again. He's getting a bit of slow down and the screen has a constantly blurry/pixellated sort of effect, almost like a bad attempt at a heat haze. He's got the known issue of looking in the mirror with a hat on shows no hat and no hair. T poses galore and lots of pop ins/disappearing people and things/textures going 'flat'.

I think he's in two minds about it all at the moment. The bugs he knows will get fixed but it's the deliberate choices such as the UI stuff that's getting to him. But the fact they've done yet another patch so quickly is a good sign and if enough people are hating on the UI then I'm sure CD Projekt Red will change that up as they do tend to listen.

A friend from one of my MMOs has it on a slightly better PC than mine. I can run RDR2 on max, he can't run Cyberpunk on max, he had to drop it down to high from ultra. So it's clearly a very demanding game. No wonder the PS4 is struggling.

Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:41 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

I'm seriously considering building a new PC soon... my current PC I build in August of 2016 (excepting a few upgrades). It's definitely time, assuming I don't get fired or something. I'm thinking Feb/Mar, if I'm still employed. It doesn't make much sense to me to buy Cyberpunk 2077 until then.

Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:07 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Actually without tessalation the game is not demanding at all. On high settings there are some problems while driving but on foot it's just fine. And im running a i5 from the third generation with vega64.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:21 pm
Minor Diety

pevil wrote:
Well Niall has it on PS4, not ideal but that's all he's got :P

After the fun of the 45Gb patch he finally got it up and running Thursday evening. He didn't get too far but had a few niggles, such as the menu which is clearly set up for the PC and requires 'clicking' everything; no using triggers or bumpers to move between menus. Also everything is tiny! There's a huge screen width like this <-------------------------------------------> and all the options are crammed into a space like this <----->

He had one crash yesterday, at a known spot for crashes and the instant he got back in-game it said there was a 17Gb patch. The patch kindly reset all the options he'd fiddled with so he had to go and do all that again. He's getting a bit of slow down and the screen has a constantly blurry/pixellated sort of effect, almost like a bad attempt at a heat haze. He's got the known issue of looking in the mirror with a hat on shows no hat and no hair. T poses galore and lots of pop ins/disappearing people and things/textures going 'flat'.

I think he's in two minds about it all at the moment. The bugs he knows will get fixed but it's the deliberate choices such as the UI stuff that's getting to him. But the fact they've done yet another patch so quickly is a good sign and if enough people are hating on the UI then I'm sure CD Projekt Red will change that up as they do tend to listen.

A friend from one of my MMOs has it on a slightly better PC than mine. I can run RDR2 on max, he can't run Cyberpunk on max, he had to drop it down to high from ultra. So it's clearly a very demanding game. No wonder the PS4 is struggling.

Oof sounds rough. But yeah, one thing I definitely wouldn't worry about is CDPR patching and polishing the game after launch. They have a history of providing excellent polish and content updates for a long time after release for The Witcher 2 and 3, and I'm sure Cyberpunk will become a smooth and stable game soon despite the many problems it has now.

- Coach

Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:53 am
Minor Diety

They've been excellent so far with patches (rate-wise). 3 since release. I'm fed up of the game, Niall won't stop whining about it and yesterday we visited the friend who's been obsessed with it coz he's super obsessed with The Witcher and omg, I had put my Switch on and just ignore them both for about 2 hours. Jesus. This latest patch apparently fixes an issue Niall has had a few times where it puts all the settings back to default each time you load it but now apparently (he hasn't played it yet) stops you actually backing out of the settings screen entirely!

Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:53 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

I think the media has created an unnecessary clickbait loop bashing CP77 meaning that people click on stuff that tells how bad it is even though the game is not bad at all. I mean you get more 'game' in 3 side-missions than you get in the entire Watchdogs 3.

Anyway I finished it. Took about 70hours. I made it to level 35 and max street cred of 50.
The main story and the important side-stories work ok.
Overall I liked it and I think this is going to be one of the best modern/futuristic age open world games around.
Since combat is unbalanced for now, I would suggest going for the highest difficulty.
I did die more than once on normal. And not because of a glitch or bug but rather because the game was mostly too easy and I got sloppy.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:10 pm
Minor Diety

Niall has given up for now, he'll try again after Christmas some time. It truly is awful on consoles (teach him to be a dirty peasant)

Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:18 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next