Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:06 am
Felix Rex

Post Re: Mass Effect 3
yeeesh, holiday 2011. So another year still. :roll:

Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:29 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Much as I look forward to ME3, I can't really feel too excited about something so far away either. :( The trailer doesn't really say much either, the only thing that made me go 'wiieee' was the ME music in the back when Shepard walks out of the image. :)

- Coach

Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:49 am
Felix Rex

I admit that Mass Effect is a pretty decent RPG, but I just don't get as excited about the whole thing like some people (*cough* OX *cough*). I'll play it when it comes out, but I'm certainly not emotionally involved. If the whole project gets canceled, I'd move on without much concern.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:18 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Haha, hey I'm a fan, but I'm more of a fan by proxy. I got this friend who's semi-obsessed with it so we kind of talk(ed) a lot about it. :P And there is ugly-as-sin Jean-Luc Shipard, of course. It's not my fault your shepard died a horrible Xbox death! ;)

No but seriously, I think it's not much of an RPG actually. Pretty watered down on all fronts. BUT, as a cinematic sci-fi epos, it does pretty darn well. Atmosphere is superb too.

- Coach

Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:38 am
Felix Rex

Yea, and some of the music is actually pretty good. :P I'm just not totally absorbed in it like some other games I've played. I wonder if those days are over. :( No more Baldur's Gates, no more Morrowinds.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:13 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I'm not sure if it's just that the magic has worn off (ie it's the games) or if it's that we became older and more efficient with our time (out of necessity) and therefore aren't as absorbed by them as we used to be...also, the more games you play, the harder it makes to be wowed by something...and like a developer (but less) you begin to see games' 'inner workings', which take the magic away. :)

- Coach

Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:44 am
Felix Rex

Ashes to ashes
:jade: to :jade:

Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:13 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6285483.ht ... op;title;2

Well Mass Effect 2 is launching on PS3 with two interesting features.

The first is that:
Quote:
Houston then went on to drop a bit of a bombshell--namely, that the PS3 edition of Mass Effect 2 will have superior visuals vis-a-vis its counterparts because it is running on the Mass Effect 3 engine.

And the second:
Quote:
BioWare will also be offering a make-good to PS3 gamers for the absence of the original game on Sony's platform. The studio's Edmonton arm will be collaborating with Dark Horse Comics on an interactive comic that helps fill in the story leading up to the events in Mass Effect 2. Choices made while reading the comic will also have an effect on a player's character creation.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:16 pm
Felix Rex

haha....neither the PS3 nor the Xbox 360 are really state of the art gaming machines any more. It's silly to say one will have upgraded graphics over the other, I think. As for the 'making good'....

'Yea... you don't get the first game. But here, it's a shiny comic! Isn't that better!'

Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:35 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

So i was finally thinking of playing ME2 but lo and behold, i cant play because origin doesn't accept my EA account/psw. Furthermore when i try to reset my password it sends me an email saying click or copy paste the link into browser bar out of which neither does nothing, nor does pasting it into origin window. Did they fucking test this shit before releasing it.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:31 am
Felix Rex

hmm, that sucks. Can't log into ME2? Or somewhere else? It's been quite some time since I played.

Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:47 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

I got ME2 when i bought Dragon Age 2 through EA store. Now they have origin, their idea of steam. Anyway i got it working when i reset my password somewhere on their site instead of going about it through origin.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:17 pm
Felix Rex

ah, cool, good to hear. I hate that everyone needs a competing platform now. Sheesh. They couldn't have done this like 6 years ago? Freaking monolithic dinosaurs.

Anyway, it's a good game, hope you dig it. Y'know, other than part of the story being completely retarded.

Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:12 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Mass Effect 3 coming out tomorrow in the US (Friday in Europe). Here's the launch trailer

Looks tight. Like ME 1 & 2 a LOT, and I can't wait to play ME3. It'll depend on my cashflow and prices if I will play it soon or not though. I got my savegame with my Shepard going on all the way from ME1, so I'm really looking forward to see how that'll influence my story in ME3. :)

- Coach

Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next