It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Divinity: Original Sin 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Divinity: Original Sin
Haha, I understand the feeling, but I find that 65 bucks for 2 copies of Original Sin + 1 copy of Dragon Commander is extremely reasonable! ;)

The kickstarter is running to its end, and is probably just gonna reach its 800k mark. I'd have loved it if it would reach the 1 million goal for the stretch goal, but it is what it is. :)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lar ... n?ref=live

- Coach

Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:00 am
Minor Diety

Update: in the last 2 days they raised another 200k, effectively reaching the final stretch goal of 1 million! And the NPC schedules and day/weather influences on spells and NPC behavior. :)

I don't know how much everyone has seen of the game so far but it looks extremely good. I think it has potential for greatness with this additional time and polish and options.

- Coach

Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:21 pm
Minor Diety

I've seen little but I loved DD 1 and 2, and this game looks like it's returning to old-school to some degree, as you say.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:29 pm
Minor Diety

That's great news. I haven't followed it much, I tend not to bother doing that with games anymore. I like the surprise of just playing it these days, gone are the days where I wanted to know 99% of the stuff in the game before it was even released. So just knowing it's a DD game and going back to its roots with all the choices and random moving of items is enough for me

Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:36 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

derf wrote:
I've seen little but I loved DD 1 and 2, and this game looks like it's returning to old-school to some degree, as you say.

That, and the two-player discussing dialogues should make this pretty kickass. Especially once they cram all the stuff in there they talked about in the stretch goals. :) I actually have 2 copies of the game due to the kickstarter tier I chose, so I may have one of you bishes join me. FOR FREEZ!! :roll:

- Coach

Wed May 01, 2013 2:35 pm
Minor Diety

So this game is one of the earliest 'big' kickstarted games to come out and has been overloaded with positive reviews. Apparently it's a really good game that harks back to the BG and Ultima eras. I saw Peltz finished the game so I was wondering if he would be up for a small review without spoilers. ;)

I kickstarted the game and got two keys, wanted to give one to Derf but it seems like it was already validated. Did I give my second key away to someone here and then forget about it? If so, care to tell me before I harass the Larian customer service about it? :P

- Coach

Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:10 am
Stranger

It's a good game. Thanks Pev. Review done. :D.

The game was long enough and difficult enough for me to switch to easy setting. This made most of the fights a bit easy but at times the story was so boring I just couldn't be bothered with the 15 retries of a combat encounter. The design your own class really shines in this game and even if you manage to gimp your character at the beginning of the game, once you get enough gold and skillpoints they can be turned into quite the powerhouses. But in some combat encounters the enemy seems to be immune to some skills/spells so it becomes repetitive face smashing. Luckily these encounters make up the minority of the game and most of the time its quite satisfying to watch the party rip through the trash.

It really is a good game and will probably shine even more once the mods hit steam.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:13 am
Minor Diety

Thanks for the review Peltz (and no prob :)) I really need to get back into it, started it and love what I've played but then got sucked back into WoW... One thing I did say was that I loved the fact I spent 3 hours one night playing it and enjoyed every second of it, despite the fact that not at one point did I go to do a fight. I was just wandering round the first city, talking to people and completing quests (and getting exploded by graves!)

Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:49 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Quote:
(and getting exploded by graves!)

Imagine a magma pool, that kills anything touches it. And now picture your enemy casting a teleport spell on your most vital party member with a destination on top of said magma pool.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:36 pm
Minor Diety

Thanks for the review Peltz. :) It basically confirms almost everything I've read in other places so far, which was all very positive. I think I may hold off playing for a little while yet as Larian is still hotdixing and patching like a mofo, which is obviously good but I'd rather it wasn't necessary anymore. ;) They also just added in AI personalities, which should make the party conversations a lot more interesting when you're playing singleplayer!

- Coach

Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:54 pm
Minor Diety

Hey Pev, do you still have that spare Original Sin key lying around? :D I think Derf could use one!

- Coach

Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:18 pm
Minor Diety

Nope sorry, that's what Peltz is using!

Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:50 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Aah, too bad, but glad that Peltz got to play and enjoy it! :)

- Coach

Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:18 am
Stranger

*Raises his hand* Guilty :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:41 pm
Stranger

Gamespot Game of Year. Totally worth it.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next