It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Torchlight II 
Minor Diety

Post Torchlight II
What, no topic about this?

Perhaps you guys didn't play the first one, i think i've seen 11b play it recently. Really liked that one, and the one thing that was missing (co-op) will be in the second one.

Now someone should probably post some links and screenshots with info and what not. :wink:

~King of Thieves~

Sat May 12, 2012 11:23 am
Felix Rex

Post Re: Torchlight II
I never played the original, though I heard good things about it. I'm so far behind on my gaming though.

Sun May 13, 2012 7:55 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Satis wrote:
I'm so far behind on my gaming though.

Tell me about it, i should have a broken leg or something for a couple of weeks to allow me to constantly game and catch up with some titles.

Not to mention all the game i don't even own that i would want to play!

~King of Thieves~

Sun May 13, 2012 10:05 am
Felix Rex

When SW:TOR came out, I was playing...

Dead Island
Hard Reset
Orcs Must Die
and
Rock of Ages

with plans to play PAYDAY: The Heist

Yea... I haven't touched any of those since early December.

Wed May 16, 2012 5:40 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

It's out for a couple of days now and there's also a demo on Steam.

I'm hearing good things about it, doubt i'll buy it anytime soon though. My status of "far behind on gaming" hasn't improved at all.

If you're not familiar with the series, give the demo a try perhaps.

~King of Thieves~

Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:54 pm
Felix Rex

I actually picked up the most recent humble bundle, which includes the original Torchlight. I've been playing it the last few days... good stuff, very reminiscent of Diablo.

My gaming backlog is bad as well, but I may finally be getting sick of Star Wars, so that may change.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:59 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

One of the complaints i hear/read most about Diablo III is that the droprate of items is waaay too low.

Just played the TLII demo a bit, and i'm already suffering from 'item fever' which was one of the things i liked so much about the first as well: lots and lots of weapons/armor/... to pick from. Wearing set items at lvl 5. 8-)

~King of Thieves~

Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:58 am
Minor Diety

I noticed Ox has been playing this.

Any comments/feedback? Or are you writing a massive review? :wink:

~King of Thieves~

Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:16 pm
Minor Diety

Shameless bump: i see his achievements are still progressing so he's just ignoring this topic! :wink:

~King of Thieves~

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:35 am
Minor Diety

Hahaha, sorry J, I wasn't ignoring your posts, just not replying to them. ;)

So yeah I got Torchlight 2 from a colleague (my boss, somewhat strangely) who had bought it in a 4-pack and had a spare copy. It's one of the few recent action-game releases that my laptop can play effortlessly thanks to its streamlined engine.

I have to say I love the game. It's charming, the controls are fluid and easy, the combat packs a punch and the design (if a little cartoonish) looks great. The pets rock and the loot fever works like it should. :)

I finished the campaign with my Engineer, with a heavily damage-soaking oriented build. I died once during the entire campaign, and I totally could have avoided that if I'd paid a little more attention (it was a damage spike from exploding enemies). So yeah I'm a pretty badass tank. :P My pet is the cat, but I don't think that will surprise anyone!

Now that I've finished the game I've been mostly doing the Clockworks, which is a fun addition to the game. Basically after completing the game you get to play maps with random properties. 5% more XP gain per map but explosive enemies, slower casting but more damage, etc etc. There's a lot of maps to choose from and they constantly change (and are randomly generated). A clockworks map is 2 levels and a boss fight every time. I've been playing that on and off and am close to level 70 now with my engineer. :)

I saw that a lot of other people got the game for Christmas, Peltz and Pev in particular. How are your games going guys? What class are you playing? Peltz already finished the game n 8 hours with his berserker if I have to go by the Steam stats. :o It took me like 15 at least. But then I don't deal much damage and I explored a lot of the side quests.

We should try and get a co-op game going once everybody finish their game! We can do the "continued adventure" mode where you start over again the campaign but with levelled enemies. :) Also, I found one Legendary item - unfortunately it was for a berserker. :( But I'm hanging on to it, so Peltz, if you want it...here it is

http://torchlight.wikia.com/wiki/Deathsport

(I'm not sure you can even transfer loot from different games to others but I suppose it's possible)

- Coach

Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:02 am
Minor Diety

Thx for the reply :D

What difficulty did you play?

~King of Thieves~

Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:40 am
Minor Diety

I utterly love the game. Finished it a couple of days ago with my Berserker at level 53 (now 54 as I did a mapworks map last night). She is all about AoE damage and crit hits so she can pack a real punch but can't take much of one. Having said that I didn't die until Chapter 3 when everything starts hitting a lot harder so I'm finally putting a few points into vitality/armour. I took the ferret as her pet (called Squirmz).

I also just started a new character, Embermage with one of those weird Chakwa things as a pet (randomised name - Mr Kibbles). She'll probably be all out damage but on more of a single target. Niall has started an... Outlander I think on my account as well. I do intend to have one Hardcore char that will be full on tank and then whatever other class is left I'll probably just go with the flow and see what I end up with.

afaik you should be able to transfer that stuff, not looked into the MP stuff yet but I know you can play a char in singleplayer, then take them online, then go singleplayer again so I'd imagine it's possible. Definitely up for some co-op some time so just give me a shout if you see me on it (and if I don't reply it's probably Niall playing on his char)

Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:44 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Quote:
My pet is the cat, but I don't think that will surprise anyone!

My pet is called Rinox :D

And no i didnt finish the game. I played the mage/ranger hybrid, have died a few times. Haven't played much because i got bored.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:12 pm
Minor Diety

Oh I probably saw Pev's page instead of yours then Peltz (finishing the game with a berserker achievement). Pevil, Peltz, all sounds the same to me. ;)

@ J: I was playing on normal. I just hit level 70 through doing mapworks levels (MOAR LOOTZ!), but I think I'm kinda done with the Mapworks for now. I may do a run through again though, on higher difficulty. But only in co-op probably. :)

Pev, I got several unique embermage-only pieces of gear in my stash, and the legendary berserker claw I mentioned in my previous post. I'm gonna give them to you if I see you online, just try to hold on to unique engineer stuff, and definitely legendary stuff if you find it!! ;)

I also have shiiiiitloads of excess mana and health potions - with the health robot minion pimped out I'm rarely ever in want of mana or health. I'll try to be on steam a bit more and catch you there.

- Coach

Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:30 pm
Minor Diety

I see you bought and started Torchlight II J. :) What class are you playing as?

- Coach

Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next