It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Detecting Traps 
Minor Diety

Post Detecting Traps
If you`re detecting traps, do you always find them, how low your ability might be, if you only wait long enough (search long enough)?

Thing is: i wanna dump Imoen in bg1, i took her along for sentimental reasons, but she isn`t really usefull. So i wanna take some fighter/thief (coran) with me, just met him in cloakwood forest. He got 20 dex and will become my unstoppable sniper :D . Only problem i might have is that he only has 20% on detect traps, which is really really low.

Hence my question: will he find the traps when i wait long enough? mm now that i think of it, what do you need for removing them? because it says find/remove traps, but you use your `lockpicking icon` to actually remove them?

So basically: am i screwed if i am in a dungeon with traps or will i be okay?

(ultimately there`s still the just-trigger-the-trap way, but that could prove painfull, since i don`t have real HP-abundant characters)

~King of Thieves~

Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:18 am
Minor Diety

First off; with traps it's just like with locks. You more or less are incapable of picking locks of a certain lvl if your lockpicking is low. So, you can't detect certain traps either if your skill is too low. :/

I suggest you use the lvl 2 priest spell "find traps", and just walk around traps. :) As Bj and Inqui will testify, find traps does the job pretty well. :) (i guess you'll have a lvl 2 priest spell by now)

P.S. you use ur thieving icon to remove them yeah...then again, been a long while since i played BG1 :/

- Coach

Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:29 am
Minor Diety

Ah okay, figured i would have to detect them with jaheira, her lvl 2 spells are crap anyway. Most traps are fire or elektricity based i think, so if i can`t get past one without triggering it, i can still use a spell or potion to give some protection.

btw: i cleared everything up untill cloakwood, so i`m a lvl 5 to 6 party now i think. so yes i have lvl 2 priest spells.

~King of Thieves~

Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]