It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
YOUR alignment 
Emperor

Let revoke this thread, since I might get derf's laugh for starting a new thread about D&D.

This thing: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20001222b

gives me Neutral Good for the third time. It's gonna to be accurate quiz result. Would you be so kind to take it too and repost the results here? Tsk tsk tsk... and I thought I became lawful evil actually.. :wink:

Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:49 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

I scrolled down to see how many questions and i said to myself "no, ill just take lawful neutral"
Im just too lazy to answer half a hundred questions, do you realize how much reading that requires :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:56 pm
Emperor

Reading does good to your brain. Reading garbage maybe not. Maybe that thing is a garbage for you.... oh well, next!

Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:57 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

What the? I'm chaotic evil, and I actually held back during the test so I wouldn't come over as too much of a bastard. :? So yeah, uhm..let's just say I was answering the questions 'in character' as Rinox. :roll:

Quote:
Chaotic Evil

A chaotic evil character does whatever his greed, hatred, and lust for destruction drive him to do. He is hot-tempered, vicious, arbitrarily violent, and unpredictable. If simply out for whatever he can get, he is ruthless and brutal. If he is committed to the spread of evil and chaos, he is even worse. Thankfully, his plans are haphazard, and any groups he joins or forms are poorly organized. Typically, chaotic evil people can only be made to work together by force, and their leader lasts only as long as he can thwart attempts to topple or assassinate him. The demented sorcerer pursuing mad schemes of vengeance and havoc is chaotic evil. Chaotic evil is sometimes called "demonic" because demons are the epitome of chaotic evil. Chaotic evil is the most dangerous alignment because it represents the destruction not only of beauty and life but of the order on which beauty and life depend.

- Coach

Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:10 pm
Minor Diety

Quote:
Lawful Neutral

A lawful neutral character acts as law, tradition, or a personal code directs her. Order and organization are paramount to her. She may believe in personal order and live by a code or standard, or she may believe in order for all and favor a strong, organized government. The common phrase for lawful neutral is "true lawful." Lawful neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you are reliable and honorable without being a zealot.

I've never been great with the alignments in DnD but that kinda sums me up. As long as people are being nice to each other, I'm happy, and cruel bastards can bugger off. Yup I think thats pretty accurate right there.

Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:05 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

A neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. She doesn’t feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most neutrality is a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil. After all, she would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, she’s not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. The common phrase for neutral is "true neutral." Neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion.

--excerpted from the Player’s Handbook, Chapter 6

Pretty boring eh?

Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:22 pm
Emperor

I bet Rinox answered with "Flee" to "If your family had arranged your marriage to someone loathsome... ".

But it still amazes me that the thing seems to be more accurate than expected. :o

Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:47 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:51 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

Am I the only one "gooddoer" here? Myrddin, derf, are you awake?

Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:39 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I knew I should have lied on the test. Kinda like how women cheat on those relationship tests or friendship tests in women's mags. ;)

- Coach

Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:26 pm
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!

sums me up pretty well i guess.

my outlook in life (short simplified version anyway..) is that my family and friends are everything. i look after them and they can rely on me, no matter what.

everyone else? fuck 'em basically. obviously if something bad happens to people that sucks, but i wont lose any sleep over it. but i also dont fuck with anyones shit unless they fuck with mine.

or to look at it in another way, if the orcs are coming and it's better for my family and friends that i stick around and fight then give me a sword and i've got ya back.

but if my family is better served by us getting the hell out of dodge then bye, seeya..

@ox: not sure how you got to evil mate, from the convo's we had i'd have put your views not a million miles away from mine :)

Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:42 am
Minor Diety

lol @ Ox. I'll remember to steer well clear of Belgium when i travel to Europe. I wouldn't want to fall into a river of lava or something. :D

Like Pev myself, Lawful Neutral. I'm not entirely certain that i'm comfortable with that result, it seems a bit too "goody-goody". But it doesn't sound far off at all. I know i'd cranked down a notch since my Chaotic Good days, so maybe its ok.

My general outlook on life is to be as conscious as possible with regards to the truth of things, live happily, and make sure I don't step on anyones toes while doing so.

Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:36 am
Emperor

When I'm reading some people's thoughts, it really feels like I'm kinda good.

Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:19 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
When I'm reading some people's thoughts, it really feels like I'm kinda good.

no, you're just young and innocent :wink:

sorry to derail the topic but:

DAMMIT BJ WILL YOU GET ONLINE SOMETIME I'M ON!

*ahem*

Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:40 am
Emperor

no, you're just young and innocent :wink:

Yeah. There ain't any good guys among 'old' and 'experienced'. What a comment.

One is not to have personal integrity, to be spoiled and kept as a little water in hand by your parents, not to have touch with the real life, and other not to be debilitated, in sense of interacting with the world and society around, by making it better.

Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:10 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next