It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines 
Minor Diety

Post Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines
Is on sale on Steam for around 5 bucks/euro/quid. In the freak event that anyone here hasn't played it, it's one of the best RPG's of the last 20 years. Highly recommended. :) I bought it just to have it on Steam, I got a legit copy buried somewhere. :roll:

If you're playing it for the first time, make sure to ask me about the (unofficial) patches, which have been updated over and over by the loyal fanbase for years on end, even when Troika (the developers) went bankrupt. I'll find them and link you to them.

- Coach

Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:11 pm
Minor Diety

Post Re: Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines
I'm playing it as a Tremere btw...making good progress. Though honestly, Blood Purge and Blood Boil are massively OP. :lol: I pretty much win every fight by making my opponents throw up blood en masse (while I shank them with a knife) or by making the explode with Blood Boil. :roll: I'm investing in ranged now though, so that I can buy some serious anti-vamp ordinance for the end-game. i'm pretty sure the ancient vampires won't be so impressed with my puny blood magic. A flamethrower, stake crossbow or automatic shotgun otoh....

- Coach

Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:53 am
Minor Diety

Screenshots!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Coach

Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:25 am
Felix Rex

heh, the Bush administration. How prescient. Or maybe just amazing how history repeats itself.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:14 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hehe yeah. Kinda funny how a game shows its age by referencing to outside details...well and graphics. :roll:

As a game and RPG though, it's as solid as it ever was...kinda sucks that we're not likely to see a similar sequel. Probably an FPS reboot, haha. *cries a little*

- Coach

Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:18 pm
Felix Rex

Vampire the FPS? It's really not that far off from an FPS anyway. No no, turn it into a RTS. You can build vampires in your vampire factory. Massed charges of lyncanthropes to break the enemy's lines and overrun his base.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:44 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Someone should totally make a vampire RTS. In a way, I guess Dungeon Keeper kind of did that already.

Btw, if you're ever bored at work (not likely), I found a parody Twitter account of Peter Molyneux which is mostly just spouting random and crazy/funny ideas for game designs. It's glorious.

http://twitter.com/#!/petermolydeux

Quote:
petermolydeux Peter Molyneux 2
Would love to make a corridor shooter but where all walls are invisible. Constantly worrying if that enemy has open space to aim at you.

@petermolydeux Peter Molyneux 2
Also what if killing enemies makes them fall to the floor and point towards the exit? That's the only way to find your way out.

World is being taken over by demons, you play as a human disguised as the demon psychologist of the demon leader.

Imagine a game where 3 pauses and it's game over. The game plays door bells, ringtones etc trying to make you accidently pause the game

Imagine being able to suck polygons out of enemies. initially they look next gen but you can drain them to look like they are from 1995.

- Coach

Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:56 pm
Felix Rex

lol, that's pretty retarded.

BTW, CCP is apparently making a Vampire MMO. Yes, vampire the masquerade kind of vampire.

http://pc.gamespy.com/articles/119/1195178p1.html

Considering it's CCP, they may be able to pull it off. If EA did it, it would SUX0R!

Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:20 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Omg that's amazing news. Like you said, that license + CCP has insane potential. I'm keeping my eyes and ears open from now on...hadn't heard from it before.

- Coach

Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:22 am
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
How'd you get it to run ox? I was always under the impression it didn't like anything more modern than xp.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:45 pm
Minor Diety

I think the current version on Steam should work ok - it's coming with the last official patch that was released by Troika.

If that doesn't do it for you, just download and install the famous and massive unofficial patch

http://www.patches-scrolls.de/vampire_bloodlines.php

That should fix any problems you have with modern systems :)

- Coach

Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:11 am
Emperor

Thanks mate, I'll give it a try, I have it game on disk, but I'll load it up with the official patch, then try that other one if it doesn't.

Would you say it would be worth installing anyway?

Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:07 pm
Minor Diety

I think the game definitely holds up today, thanks to the great dialogue, music and atmosphere. The graphics are generally speaking a bit dated (mostly the animations) but the liveliness faces of NPC's are even to this day almost unsurpassed in 1st person RPG's. If it's been a few years since you played it I would definitely recommend installing it again. And if you never played Malkavian to play as one. ;) Even Nosferatu is a very different experience than all other classes, although the sewer crawling gets kind of tedious.

- Coach

Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:56 am
Emperor

I've completed it as a malkavian and a tremere but if the unofficial patch puts the voices in the head back in i may give that race another go.

I loved this game back in the day, should be fun. Goes to show how long all of the old walkthrough bunch have been about when games like this come and go.

time flies :)

Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:45 am
Felix Rex

yea, for real. I've known you guys longer than most of my real life friends.

And if I were Ox, everyone would immediately say "you have real life friends?"

Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:11 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next