It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Neverwinter RPG 
Felix Rex

Post Neverwinter RPG
apparently there's a new Neverwinter co-op RPG being developed for release in Q4 2011.

http://games.slashdot.org/story/10/08/2 ... 1?from=rss
Quote:
"I think there are two very unique gameplay elements in 4th Edition that we've done something interesting with: action points and healing surges. In the tabletop game, an action point lets a player perform a reroll or add an additional die to a roll. In our game, action points are earned through combat and spent to power special abilities called 'boons.' These boons give players special boosts, but only in certain circumstances. Healing surges represent the amount of times a player can heal himself before resting. In D&D and Neverwinter, various abilities let players use a surge immediately or perhaps replenish the number of surges available. It's a precious resource that players will need to husband as they adventure in the brave new world. Positioning, flanking, tactics, and using powers with your teammates are also all things that come from the 4th Edition that are interesting. Of course, we're using power names and trying to keep power behavior consistent with the pen-and-paper counterparts. Neverwinter will definitely feel familiar to anyone who has played the 4th Edition."

4th edition rules. :( Stupid craptastic lightweight wannabe D&D.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:23 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Post Re: Neverwinter RPG
Ewwww I'll be steering well clear. Down with Neverwinter!

Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:59 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

The title itself reeks of fail.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:41 am
Minor Diety

Satis wrote:

4th edition rules. :( Stupid craptastic lightweight wannabe D&D.

- Coach

Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:25 am
Felix Rex

heh, yea. I started on 2nd edition and preferred a combination of 1st and 2nd. 1st was too complicated, 2nd wasn't quite complicated enough. After that, it just got more and more simplified. Now it's just lame. :roll:

Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:00 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I'll always love 2nd (and 2.5nd) edition, but that's just because I started with them I suppose. The problem with the other editions is not necessarily that they suck, but that they are strange while still weirdly familiar. It makes you feel as if you're living in some sort of AAD&D twilight zone where you SEE what is happening but FEEL as if something else should be happening. :roll:

I'll never forget playing IWD2 for the first time and getting used to the 3rd edition spell system. Ugh. I still don't really know how that shit worked.

- Coach

Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:48 am
Felix Rex

To me, part of the fun of playing AD&D games is harking back to my youth when I was actually into the tabletop equivalent. :p The new systems aren't the same any more... it's a different game, and every edition it's more different than the last. So I now longer get that, and I no longer see the point. I'd rather get into something new, like the DA system for instance.

They should rename it ADHD&D, since they can't seem to quit messing with it.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:37 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]