It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
The Witcher 2 
Minor Diety

Post The Witcher 2
No topic for it iN RPG's it seems, se here we go.

Some gameplay vids

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/07 ... y-minutes/

This all looks amazing given the fact that it's still more than a year from release. Combat and lipsynching still need to be tuned, but overall, I'm very excited. :)

- Coach

Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 am
Minor Diety

Post Re: The Witcher 2
Awesome, will peruse those in a bit. I really do need to get round to finishing the original however...

Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:07 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

weird, I'm getting a 404 for rockpapershotgun, like their domain name is no longer resolvable. I even switched DNS providers.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:17 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah they were down for a while, shiould be good now though!

- Coach

Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:14 am
Felix Rex

yea, I can get to it now. Interesting stuff, looking pretty good.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:04 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Info from gamescon, with 3 really cool-looking gameplay vids. Man this is probably my most anticipated game in years. :)

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/08 ... more-36587

- Coach

Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:37 am
Minor Diety

Better quality with some redirected scenes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BslW8ea1 ... r_embedded

- Coach

Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:35 am
Minor Diety

The Witcher 2 has been announced for May 17th, 2011. :) Which is still some months away, but it's good to get a date on it. What's more, they're releasing it DRM FREE and are offering a crapload of other awesome stuff like

- 10% on preorder
- A free (old) game if you pre-order through Good Old Games, the DRM-free digital distribution site of their sister company
- If you're in Europe or the UK (and thus consistently ripped off on game prices vis-à-vis the US), you get a voucher for the respective price difference (16 or 8 $) to spend on GoG
- The digital premium offers a lot of goodies, including a pdf with 'papercraft' figures and if you preorder the game, you get stuff like soundtrack, wallpapers, behind-the-scenes stuff etc. right now (instead of when the game comes out)
- The physical editions of the game look hot as hell. Dice, cardset (hah), art book, physical and good-looking manual and game guide, a coin, world map...the ultimate (collector's) edition even has a bust of Geralt. :lol:

Image (24 quid)
Image (67 quid)

Man...just, wow. I love CDprojekt Red. I mean I was always gonna buy the game, but now I'm probably gonna digitally preorder it through a non-steam channel. :o Shit man, eastern European developers is where it's at - Men of War, Metro 2023 (according to Satis :P), STALKER, The Witcher...

The only 'problem' I have is that with old-school packages like that with lots of neat stuff, I'd really like to have a physicaly copy. But I'd really like to have them keep as much of my money as possible, which will obviously only be the case when I buy through GoG. Mmmm.

news taken mostly from RPS:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/11 ... witcher-2/

- Coach

Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:16 am
Felix Rex

papercraft? A fucking bust? Zomg... well, whatever floats your boat, I suppose. I'll probably buy this through GoG when the time comes.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:37 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

The bust is silly, but the papercraft is a fun idea (not something I would give money for in particular, but y'know). And can't argue with DRM free and price adjustments!

Also, the 'preorder' on GoG isn't so much a preorder as a sort of semi-commitment. Basically you say you'll buy the game from there, but they don't really ask for your money yet. It works like a retail preorder: you place an order, but only pay once the game comes out, and can opt out any time.

- Coach

Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:53 am
Felix Rex

erm, what exactly is the point of that? With physical copies it makes sense, so that they have enough on hand. With digital copies... errr... why? If there's no DRM, they don't even need to worry about stuff like CD keys, though that should be easy enough to get more of in case you get hit harder than expected. Seems kinda silly to have a preorder.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:08 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I can think of two reasons: customer comfort and, more likely, they'd like to have some kind of indication of sales. For whatever reason: bargaining strength with publishers, or to convince other digitial distribution channels to follow their DRM free approach for in their catalogues (for the witcher 2, that is, not for their other games). Who knows.

Still, I'd have thought that you would be more enthusiastic about this as a customer. DRM free, non-binding preorder. And currency conversion compensation for € and £ (not that that affects you but it's a nice gesture - I lose almost 15 € compared to dollar prices on every game that appears compared to the US). That's a far cry from the "let's rape the customer in the ass" policies of recent years! :)

- Coach

Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:17 am
Felix Rex

I'm not a fan of preorders, and the current conversion thing doesn't affect me. Not in a good way, at least. :P Stuff like that was artificially strengthening the dollar. but you euro bastards have seen through my devious plan!

Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:08 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

That is one good looking collectors edition! Doubt I'll bother, just get the normal, although I had the collectors for the original...

Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:49 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Problem is, I'd want the cards, the art book, the dice and all that jazz, but that bust is just...ridiculous. And probably counts for a lot of the (very high) price of the CE. :( Too bad.

- Coach

Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 101 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next