It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Dragon Age 2 
Felix Rex

Post Re: Dragon Age 2
I may pick DA2 up when it's on sale, basically based on Pev's feedback. But not now. I'm still eying homefront, not to mention that bunch of games that are coming up and my current addiction to Rift.

Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:29 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Careful with Homefront Satis, been hearing bad things from that, particularly off a mate who loved it when he went to play it at the managers conference and is now sorely disappointed with it after release.

Bf went for the opposite ending to me but they actually don't differ that much. Mainly because this one is so clearly a set up for something bigger in a later game whereas Origins feels more of a standalone story anyway due to the fact it's the fate of Ferelden, as opposed to this one simply being one man/woman's story. If you see it cheap anywhere definitely buy it, but I'd buy it full price anyway. Really am impressed with it. Way better than NWN was to BG if you get me ;)

Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:43 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Thanks for the warning, Pev. I'll be sure to research thoroughly before I jump. Maybe I'll wait for a sale on that, too. I'm starting to sound like Ox. :roll:

Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:23 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Could be worse, you could sound like Derf ;)

Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:28 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Ok well pleasant surprise for me today, and may sway some of you to buy DA2: Anyone who purchases DA2 and activates the online pass before 30th April gets a free code for Mass Effect 2 on pc, complete with Cerberus Network (i.e. This includes Zaeed - The Price of Revenge, Cerberus Weapon and Armor, Normandy Crash Site, Cerberus Arc Projector, and Firewalker Pack). Not bloody bad really! I doubt I'll even play ME2 but hell, that's a nice offer.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:26 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Bah, too bad I already own it on PC. :evil:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:33 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah, same here. If I didn't own ME2 this might have made me buy DA2, but as it is...

I'm sure it won't pop up in the Steam Easter sales yet, but you never know. :P

- Coach

Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:00 pm
Stranger

Well I finished it. Definitely a more streamlined game but over all, it was not bad. It was shorter, the combat was more deja vuish, lots of blood and gore and I enjoyed my time in kirkwall. Worth playing at least once.

I went with a rogue character, melee. I had to use a bow in some fights but my daggers made quick work of any mage on the battlefield. Of course there were those odd accidents where a bloodrager wtfpwned one of my teammates but in the end the rogue provided a fairly good experience on normal difficulty level.

The quests are better written this time, and character animations have improved as well. Some quests are really interesting and emotional even though the recycling of floor plans becomes annoying after a while. Anyway good game.

Be well or Get Help!!

Last edited by Peltz on Mon May 30, 2011 7:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun May 29, 2011 1:08 pm
Minor Diety

Yeah I heard about the uninspired recycling of dungeons and the boring central city. Good to hear the rest is still enjoyable though. Still waiting for a 5 € Steam sale. ;)

- Coach

Mon May 30, 2011 6:04 am
Minor Diety

The recycling didn't really bother me, mainly coz you're in the same place 90% of the time map x is used. There is the odd time map x is used for a 2nd place, but it's not that bad really. Having gone back to Dragon Age I realised they did it a lot in Origins too, it's just you can't tell as much because obviously there are so many different types of area (forest/mountain/grassland/town/deeproad) as opposed to just town/underground.

Glad you enjoyed it Peltz. My boyfriend did it with a rogue too and it's amazing the dps those dual daggers can hand out!

Mon May 30, 2011 12:58 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4