It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
NWN HotU 
Minor Diety

It's a pretty fair review, considering the huge difference in quality between NWN+SoU and HotU. But, I do feel like the age of the game is perhaps troubling your judgement. Sure, the story doesn't change with its age but in general NWN was a good game at its time. Definitely not the monster RPG that was supposed to equal BG2 in terms of epicness, character development and storyline but a good game regardless. :)

But yeah, some things irritated me. Like how all (non-quest) items would always be destroyed when you bash open a lock instead of picking it. I mean, bashing open a lock doesn't necessarily mean "take a huge broadaxe and smash the chest into splinters". :roll: As if it's impossible to be a litte more subtle and apply a little "local" force on the chest/lock. Lame.

The lack of NPC interaction made for a less immersive and lonely experience at times too. Sometimes NWN felt more like an in-depth Diablo than a true RPG.

But meh, I think we understand each other. :)

- Coach

Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:58 am
Stranger

Actually what pissed me off was the AI. I mean when i tell my henchman to attack the nearest why the hell does he run all the way across the room springing every god damn trap in the galaxy. And they keep changing targets all the time causing endless amount of attacks of opportunity. The henchmen were literally idiots in the main chapter.

I havent played the SoU yet, and i believe it will take about a year before i can force myself to pick it up again. The review is for the main chapter only. I think that a small part of me died inside when i completed the main chapter, it was that big of a disappointment.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:03 am
Minor Diety

I found SoU to be worse than the original campaign...so I don't know if you're gonna like it much. :)

- Coach

Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8