It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Dragon Age: Awakening 
Felix Rex

Post Re: Dragon Age: Awakening
Heh...I hope you realize the chick you killed in the forest was your other potential caster. :roll: C'est la vie. It's not like it's unusual for you to kill all your party members.

Unfortunately, my game has become unstable recently. I CTD regularly, and it's REALLY annoying. I'm almost done...just the swamp left, so I may force myself to finish, but I'm not sure I'll play through with my 3rd character. Not for awhile, at least.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:14 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Sucks to hear about your CTD issues. :( Seems strange for a game this polished, but then we know better than to think any game to be above "ok" in levels of QA. :roll:

I kinda figured that was the case (second caster), but she had it coming. If she's just been a little more believing of my intentions and a less homicidal she would have lived. Or if I'd had conversation options allowing me to go "now I own your ass" on her.

- Coach

Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:25 am
Felix Rex

heh, what a guy. :p

I'm now in the Fade in the swamp. I plan on siding with the evil bitch, just because I didn't do it that way the first time. BTW, I think this game is WAY easier with a tank than a caster. In the first, the caster was sucky at first, then was ridiculously easy toward the end. Whatever, it's fun regardless. Where are you at now? Still fighting your way out of the dungeon?

Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:27 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah I didn't progress anymore yesterday (and probably won't tonight either). Still beating shit to pulp with my bare fists. :) I agree btw, the game is very easy with a fighter, much much easier than Origins. In fact, the entire campaign is a bit easy compared to Origins. I'm playing on hard and as long as I pay attention (and don't get ambushed) I can easily overcome any fight thrown at me so far. Rinox in particular is insane. I've had a few fights where my 3 other party members get wiped out of negligence in the first few seconds and he ends up taking on everyone on his own. He literally takes out say 10 darkspawn + hurlock emissary + hurlock alpha on his own, as long as he doesn't get crushing prisoned/paralysed - and even then. Quite the sight.

As for the chick caster...I'm just trying to stay in character! :P

- Coach

Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:34 am
Felix Rex

Did you ever complete the first game with more than one character? I remember when you were a real gamer... how many times did you play BG? With ridiculously difficult mods, on top of it. So sad what's happening to you in your old age. :wink:

I'm out of the fade now, though barely. Even if you side with the chick, you still get Justice. Surprising, really, but whatever. I also figured out the stone puzzle in the swamp... I didn't even realize it was a puzzle the first time through. It unlocks something in the real world, though, so I'm not sure yet what I got.

Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:46 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah I didn't manage to figure that one out when I did it...maybe I'll get back to it. :)

And my mage is still going through the original game ya bastard :D China Rinox still cool!!

- Coach

Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:38 am
Minor Diety

I fought through the dungeon and got all my stuff back...had the hardest fight in the game so far there too, ie the guy who was wearing Rinox' armor and weapons would rip through my party without Rinox being able to take the blows. :( He could soak a lot of it with his hp but that doesn't help much when no one can hit the guy because of his insane AC. :cry: In the end I got him thanks to Anders' magics (paralyze, death hex etc). Then I beat the two drakes (fun battle) and watched the Architect run together with his two hoes. I don't know what exactly is going on, but it's clearly not as black and white as it appears...one of his hoes is a former grey warden I think (or did I misinterpret that? mmm).

When I got back to Vigil's Keep I was faced with a peasant's revolt, which devolded into a massacre. I tried intimidating them ("I kill darkspawn with my eyes closed, what makes you think you can threaten me?") but the mob went crazy and I had to kill them. :( Not exactly what I wanted to do, but it is what it is. After that debacle I also decided to let the peasant and common folk save themselves when the darkspawn come. I sent out extra troops to secure the granite for my keep's walls and otherwise had them guard the tradelanes. I don't care what happens on the land, but the Vigil will not fall. The common folk brought it unto themselves for going against my judgement. :P

- Coach

Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:48 am
Felix Rex

Haha...yea...the first time through I did the same choice as you and ended up in a massacre. The second time I chose to slaughter them right out. :mrgreen: I haven't played since last week. Maybe I'll play some more at lunch, though I'm a bit busy with school. You must be getting on toward the end by now.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:21 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah, I think I am. After the peasant revolt I got jumped on by Bann Esmerelde and her cronies (ungrateful bastards) and killed them all. I am pretty indebted to whats-his-name for saving my life (kinda)...I mean I may be a major dick at most times but I appreciate sincere gestures of personal sacrifice. :P

After that I made inventory and solved a few sidequests (from in the Wending Wood and Amaranthine mostly). TYhen I ventured into Knotwood Hills where I picked up Sigrun - fucking love her! Legion of the Dead, tough-ass dwarf, yeah baby! She was kind of starstruck when we met too, me being a living legend and all. Did you have her and Oghren in the party at once? Their banter is HILARIOUS, mostly Oghren trying to pick her up. Anyway, I made her into a assassin/duellist/legionnaire and she is tough as nails. A very welcome addition to the party. :)

Oh and Loghain paid me a visit! That was cool. :) I heard that in other games you could be visited by Alistair or Wynne depending on what happened on your Origins game. Clearly, they didn't make an appearance in mine as Wynne is dead and Alistair a drunken hobo (dead?) following Origins. :roll:

- Coach

Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:02 am
Felix Rex

You got visited by Loghain? Cool. In my 2 games so far, Wynne is in Ameranthine handing out a quest. Otherwise, I have no idea what you're talking about. :roll: I still haven't played since last week, but yea, you're near the end. Finish up all your side quests before undergoing any more major quests in your keep. Otherwise you'll stumble into the end without realizing it.

I did have Ohgren and Sigrun in my party at the same time... and yea, their dialog is pretty good. She's a decent addition to the party, assuming you don't need someone that can disarm traps and open locks. Of course, with the respec tome, you can fix that. I've used that a couple times in my current party.

Have you fought any really big ass boss golem yet?

Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:45 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Nope, but I suspect that'll happen really soon now. :) I'll probably wax the mutha in record time anyway. :demon:

(*gets ready to eat crow*)

- Coach

Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:25 am
Felix Rex

I had Loghain show up for me as well. Managed to squeeze in a bit of gameplay yesterday.

BTW, did you see the new DLC crap? It's gifts and pranks for your characters.... like...wtf. It's for-pay, too. Why the fuck am I going to spend money so I can make my party members love me more? This is the kind of stuff that makes me hate the DLC concept. Trying to monetize everything. Lamez.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:06 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah, I saw it. Obviously didn't buy it, heh. And I don't know man...I don't mind shit like this. Sure it's crappy, but at least it just 'adds' to the game experience without hollowing out the original game. You know? I had the CE so I didn't have the bother, but in DA:O there was the whole mess with the guy standing there and offering a quest - but only if you bought the DLC. See, that shit is lame, because it makes you feel like you're missing out and the original game was just a framework to spend more of your $$$$ in. The holiday hats, meh, they're for saddoes (sad peeps) but they don't bother me. It's not like I run in some guy wearing an Easter bunny costume telling me I could totally look like him for 2 $.0 Or Oghren whining for a chocolate Easter egg. :lol: :wink:

So, summarized: paid DLC, though innately lame, is ok if there are people willing to play it, as long as it doesn't make me feel like the original game I spent 50$ on is inadequate or somehow "less complete" without it.

- Coach

Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:30 am
Felix Rex

Well, I'm annoyed because crap like this would be free in the past. TF2 still shows that. I think it's sad that cute stuff they just add as bonuses for their loyal customers is now something they're trying to make money out of. I don't even know what 150 bioware points actually means in a dollars and cents, err, sense. But that whole thing is retarded, too.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:50 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Welp, completed my second run just now. I still didn't complete all the companion quests, but I did do the vast majority of the side quests this time. I also forged all the special weapons. Good stuff. :) I don't think I'll be playing my third character any time soon, however.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:10 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next