It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Dragon Age: Awakening 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Dragon Age: Awakening
Satis can read it

I set Arl Howen's son free with his stuff, figuring it wasn't worth executing him for his father's crimes (duh). It was a fucking difficult decison though, knowing he'd end up stabbing me in the back anyway. I later recruited him when he sought me out somewhere on the road. Now I just arrived at Amarenthine. Oh and I gave Anders the kitten. I fucking love Ser pounce-a-lot!! Meow! ;)

Lovin' it. Can't believe I didn't buy it as soon as it was up for pre-order. :)

- Coach

Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:08 am
Felix Rex

oh, damn!

I didn't know the kitten was for anders. I expected it was for another party member (you haven't picked up yet). But I've held onto it just in case. So, did you get Howe in your party then? I chose to force him into the grey wardens... selfish, really, since I needed a rogue. What area(s) have you visited so far? Have you spoken to the dwarf to rebuild the keep?

Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:23 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah, as a dwarf I felt my pride pretty much obliged me to give the dwarf the means to rebuild the keep. I didn't know it'd be 80 FREAKING GOLD though!! :( i arrived in Ameranthine and am now looking around for quests and just stuff in general, also helping the merchants (I believe a strong economy is the backbone of a strong society!) That's pretty much it for now. :-) And yes, I recruited Nathaniel Howe but only "on the road" so I didn't see the actual jpining (if it ever is shown)

Good luck finishing the game Pev! And have fun with Awakening.

I'm playing on hard again btw, figured I'd do the same as in my first Origins run.
Oh and I loved Oghren warning me about Howe pulling an eventual 'Zehvran' on me!

- Coach

Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:51 am
Minor Diety

For Satis

Ok, so I made it to the end of the swamp (I think). Enjoyed it a lot, very creative and challenging without being omgwtfbbq...that is, until I ran into the Baroness in her alternate form. :cry: I can keep up with her while she's opening the fade portals and I can close them, but after that (I think she opens 3) I just can't take her down. Whenever I come close-ish to doing so, she just grabs one of my fighters, drains them and adds another 1/4th to her already massive health. It's really quite annoying. After 30 minutes of non-stop battle rezzing, aggro managing and hitting my head into my desk as she avoids death once again by draining one of my fighters I decided to take a break and come here to rant about it. :P Rather annoying too is the fact that I had used up almost all my (many) health potions in the Fade, seeing as I found a shitload of Ethereal health/mana potions who gave massive boosts. Now, these disappear once you exit from the Fade - which isn't exactly unheard of - but given that I COULD use my regular healing potions in the Fade as well I just figured they were uber health potions instead of "Fade only" potions. If they wanted to convery that they should have made it impossible to use regular health potions in the Fade. That would have made more sense.

- Coach

Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:44 am
Felix Rex

yea, that wasn't the easiest fight, but I didn't have too much of a problem with it. I think she managed to open or two fade portals before I crushed her. I think it was me (as mage/arcane warrior), anders, Howe and the new guy. I assume you got the new guy. I figured he was the one the kitten was for. *shrug* did you do the secret? The one all the clues pointed to?

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:36 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Satsi:

I've got the same party setup, except I'm a tank and not a mage...maybe that's one of the problems, I don't do enough damage fast enough. Playing on hard won't help either, but I would't think it'd make THIS much difference. We'll see, maybe I'll do it on normal eventually. And I haven'tfound all the clues yet no. :)

- Coach

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:34 am
Minor Diety

I'm so tempted to read it, if only to see if you guys aren't secretely declaring love or so. :wink:

Still have to get my second run going, think i'm still in the Wilds, can't find the time or the drive to get things really going.

~King of Thieves~

Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:07 am
Minor Diety

Haha, yeah I'm secretly telling Satis how much I liked last night's cyber session. :roll: ;)

It's really good btw, the level of quality is very much on par with the original and I've watched with an open mouth at some areas and enemies already. Very cool. I already love some party members too, even if I only have 4 so far.

- Coach

Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:41 pm
Felix Rex

Yea, the quality is totally on par with the first. However, it is short. I finished my first run almost by accident, with about half my quests left unfinished. That was with Satania, my mage. I'm now going through again with my dwarf warrior. I'm being more careful to do all the quests and whatnot. It's a good game. The shortness may actually be a good thing, sort of... if it had been ridiculously long I may have burned out before I could play through all 3 of my characters. As is, I'm sure I'll make it.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:33 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I only met the Queen of the Swamp so far (and you know how that went), but I'm sure there are other dragons in the game too...did you whack them all?

- Coach

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:52 am
Felix Rex

I don't know. I may have mentioned how I failed to complete like half the quests. :) I know of at least one more dragon that I whacked, but it's unavoidable. I can't remember any others off the top of my head, though. Have you made it to the forest yet?

Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:28 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

No, not yet. Haven't played for two days, busy being social on Monday and then work yesterday. :/ Looking to rectify that tonight.

- Coach

Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:27 am
Minor Diety

played some more today, got a call halfway and spent way too much time talking so really didn't do too much but still...I took the time to rearrange my inventory and equip myself with the best gear I found so far, as well as doing some customization (applied the Legion of the Dead emblem on my shield and slotted runes into my new weapons). I also shopped around for all the new specializaton manuals - I picked reaver for myself as third specialization (berserker/champion/reaver) and guardian for Oghren (berserker/champion/guardian). Nathaniel is now a ranger/assassin/legionnaire scout and Anders a spirit healer/blood mage/keeper. This also means I finally levelled everyone up, leading to some of them to have 13 (!) skill points to spend. :roll: No wonder I had such a hard time sometimes. I haven't bothered with justice yet - his personality/situation intrigues me, but he just doesn't inspire me as a class given my own abilities. You know?

So I mostly ran around doing minor sidequests and buying stuff (also, alchemy ingredients) and then cleared out the basement of my keep (Alpha Ogre was relatively tough!) and returned to the Blackmarsh to destroy the dragon. :) Funny, after levelling up I whacked it in one attempt, with only Oghren going down once. The tactic was basically get Rinox to draw all aggro and have the rest pummel or weaken the dragon/support Rinox. Anders healed Rinox when necessary and hexed the dragon, Oghren hit the dragon a few times with Peon's Plight and supported Rinox with his champion/guardian abilities and Nathaniel just chucked arrows into it. Worked surprisingly well. Of course, Rinox is a bit of a monster by now, 750 HP at level 26 (I think) and the new shield skill which makes him completely negate ALL damage for a period of time. When the dragon picked him up and started chewing him, it just went 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 -0 in terms of damage. :lol: Also, I disabled all tactics from my NPC's since it's pretty annoying to have them waste stamina on pointless skills on hard if you're not actively managing them for 5 seconds.

Massively enjoying it. The dragon battle just now was exhilirating. :) And maybe it's a good thing that I haven't had the time to truck through.

EDIT: oh and have you checked the abilities of the legionnaire scout? They are simply INSANE. Combined with a pimped melee-oriented duellist/assassin, I think you could easily become a monster on the battlefield.

- Coach

Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:43 pm
Felix Rex

hehe, good to hear. I'm decently though my 2nd playthrough... figured out some stuff I missed the first time through. Good stuff.

Justice is fun, I think. I never completed his personal quest... I wish I had. Adventuring with a dude in a corpse is kinda cool.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:24 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I kicked around in the forest yesterday, good times. I ended up killing the Druid girl...I didn't really think she needed to die a horrible death, but the conversation options I got (basically I had to become Jesus to defuse the situation, which isn't Rinox' style to say the least) coupled to the fact that she unrelentingly attacked me even though I told her I wasn't the 'bad guy' made me push towards the 'this is the end of the line for you chump' side of things. :roll:

After clearing most of the area (those blight wolves are tougher than they look when they come in packs) I ventured into the Silverite mine...where I was captured by someone named the architect and commenced a freaking awesome prison break! So far I only found Oghren's gear, with me, Anders and Howe all still in rags. :P Thankgod Anders can still do his magic tricks. Death hex (all incoming hits are crits) + melee pounces = hilarity. Rinox punches with his bare fists for 100 damage or so. :lol: Unfortunately Peon's Plight only seems to work with weaponry, or I would have gone with a monk style Palm of Death approach

- Coach

Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next