Minor Diety

Post Re: Dragon Age: Awakening
You bastard. I bought it too, but it won't unlock until Thursday. :(

- Coach

Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:18 pm
Felix Rex

haha, sorry.

I started playing the game. I'm not gonna give any spoilers or anything, but the quality is up there with the original. Lots of voice acting and cut scenes. I'll hold off saying anything else until you play through at least the very first part.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:48 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I just came home and gotta go again for the entire evening, and Awakening just unlocked. :roll: It'll be for late tomorrow night I suppose!

Still enjoying it?

- Coach

Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:44 am
Minor Diety

I held it today! Getting it tomorrow, luckily finish work at 2, not that I'll be playing Awakening as I still have to finish Origins...

Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:41 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Yea, I'm really enjoying awakening. I'm not going to say anything specific about it, so don't worry about spoilers.

Basically, it feels a lot like ToB did compared to SoA. Your characters are powerful... you can tear through large numbers of beasties without breaking a sweat. It's also fast paced... I find myself levelling quite regularly. So far I don't have much of a party selection available (I won't go into specifics). Still, fun stuff so far. I plan on playing more tonight.

Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:12 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

I didnt really like ToB... :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:17 pm
Minor Diety

It's installed now but I won't start playing it already, better to leave it for when I'm relaxed and ready to plow in a few hours at a time. ;)

- Coach

Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:39 pm
Felix Rex

Jeez man, you call yourself a gamer?

So.... it looks like all the new super professions have to be learned via tomes. Not a big deal... I have oodles of money. I've had some pretty epic fights so far. I'm sure you're going to dig it. *me turns red not talking about spoilers*

Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:40 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol, sorry. Yeah I posted that yesterday at 1 AM after having 9 beers or so at the pub, so knowing that I'd be at work the next day (ie right now) it wasn't really the best idea to start a game. :roll: ;) Also, I'm going out for a game of squash right after work...so it won't be early tonight either. :(

- Coach

Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:45 am
Felix Rex

jeez dude, do you have a life or something? For shame!

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:04 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

yeah man, it's pretty lame. All this social contact is draining me...I even spend time in the weekends visiting friends - gasp. :(

On the bright side, one of the two women I was kind of seeing broke off with me, so that frees up a crapload of time. Before I'd spend almost 2 days a week on dates of some kind. When the prospect of going on a date with a pretty girl is annoying rather than appealing, you know your priorities got fucked up somewhere along the way.

- Coach

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:17 am
Minor Diety

Wtf Ox went from no women for years to having 2? Dude...

Just installing my Awakening now, then it's off to spend today and tomorrow finishing Origins! hehe

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:22 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

God, I hate you people. I'm like the only person that has no life, apparently. :cry: Actually, I have a life, I just have chosen not to do anything. This week being spring break means no school, so lots and lots of gaming for me!

Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:51 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Well they're not exactly girlfriends, just nice girls. And there were 2.5 actually. :roll: It's funny how actually making money in a relatively prestigious job and a few years of age (some say maturity, I say age :) ) will make you into a total catch compared to the entirely unappealing broke student with no money template. Goes to show again that women are looking for different things in a man than men look for in women, I guess. Being extremely gifted and talented isn't enough, you actually got to have something to show for it too (lame).

I just played through the first part of Awakening, but going to bed (3 AM) now.

Spoiler (for Pev and co, not for Satis)

Looks pretty awesome from the get-go! I cleared the castle and the premises, then welcomed Queen Anora (who was it for you? Allistair?) and did a first round of talking about the way to run things at the Vigil. Anders amuses me so far, and while I never particularly liked Oghren in general I do break out in giggles when he passes out right in front of you. :) The girl...maybe I'm wrong but it was so obvious she was going to do during the Joining!

That's all I did for now. :) More tomorrow I'm sure. The animations (for felling an ogre for example) still get me hot, and everything else seems like the high DA standard so far. Very pleased. I also checked out the new skills and abilities and they look sweet.

- Coach

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:03 pm
Felix Rex

yay! Let me know when you get further

The storytelling is of the same caliber as the original, as is the depth of quests and stuff. Ohgren is obviously back, and apparently you picked up Anders as a party member. Is that all so far? I've managed to pick up several more people (3 more, I think) so I'm starting to get a respectable stable.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:05 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next