It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Dragon Age - spell combinations 
Minor Diety

Post Dragon Age - spell combinations
Because this might contain spoilers, i'm making a new topic. I could be googling for it, but i'd rather hear if you guys figured out some "combo's" yourself.

*possible 'spoilers' below*

I've only found 2 this far, there are several more i think (you can see that in your achievement or codex, forgot which one)

Nightmare: sleeping creature that's hit with horror, if you didn't know this one, you haven't read the loading screens :P

Shatter: frozen creature can be crushed, also an obvious one

Now i was wondering if other combo's are really farfetched, or should be relatively easy to figure out, possibly by reading some spell descriptions. I haven't dug in that deep into it, just looking for some pointers here.

~King of Thieves~

Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:51 pm
Stranger

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:09 pm
Minor Diety

~King of Thieves~

Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:12 pm
Minor Diety

Glyph of Paralysis + Glyph of Repulsion

The opposite effects explode causing everything in the blast to be paralysed for quite a good length of time. Just don't get caught in the blast yourself.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:25 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Toward the end of my last game I would use ice storm along with lightning storm or whatever it's called. There's no 'special effect', per se, but it slows/freezes people and deals a goodly amount of damage.

Not really a spell combination, but being a ranger I like to create my super-bear, walk it into a room, and then cast those area spells basically on it. I could care less if the bear dies, but it's a good tank and keeps everyone's attention, keeping them inside the area damage. If it dies, I can summon a wolf or spider to take its place, though there's a 60-90 second cool down after a creature dies before you can summon a new one.

The only negative is the bear has a fat ass and doesn't fit through all the doors. I got him stuck in the door of the orphanage. :(

Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:53 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

ok, so now I have a real spell combination to share, one that results in a codex entry.

vulnerability hex plus drain mana or drain health doubles the effectiveness of the drain spell.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:51 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

You can douse some fires with the blizzard spell.

Spell might and animate dead give you better skeleton summons. I heard from a friend that he did something else with spell might too, but I don't remember what.

Thanks for the tips, actually, cause I didn't know half of these.

- Coach

Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:09 am
Minor Diety

I probably haven't figured many of the combinations out since i tend to use a very limited amount of spells. I should start using more of the glyps, hexes and stuff.

~King of Thieves~

Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:29 pm
Felix Rex

the afflication hexes are great when you're trying to damage people. I plan on running up that line with one of my mages (probably morrigan).

Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:05 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

to continue on the affliction stuff, death hex is an awesome spell. It makes all melee attacks critical, so with both my warrior and Zevran hitting stuff from close up, even bosses would go down quite rapidly.

As for spell combinations, I picked up a few more.

Grease + firestorm = more fire. Good stuff. :)
Shatter - if you freeze people and hit them with the stone fist, they shatter. Instakill ftw.
death hex + death cloud = ridiculous damage. Seriously. Like 600+ damage per tick. Instant death for most baddies. That was actually an accident... I death hexed someone, and then a darkspawn cast death cloud and the creature practically blew up.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:21 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

600 damage?! That's even gonna hurt a dragon! I gotta try that. My (blood) mage is a hex/necromancer type of guy so he's into those spells.

- Coach

Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:44 am
Felix Rex

yea, I plan on making my party caster heavy... me + morrigan + wynne and a rogue. Since I'll be arcane whatever I can tank. I will definitely have death hex and death cloud at least once, maybe twice. I've also unlocked spell might and plan on unlocking tempest (lightning storm) and blizzard (ice storm) so I can make one of the final spell combinations I haven't done yet. :twisted:

Spell might + tempest + blizzard = storm of the century. Supposedly it has it's own insane animation.

Also summon skeleton + spell might = super skeleton. I'll be getting this one shortly, as soon as I can unlock the 4th spell in the skeleton line.

Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:56 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]