It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Dragon Age - Pevil 
Minor Diety

Post Dragon Age - Pevil
Now the Christmas retail rush is out of the way and I've finished Assassin's Creed I've picked Dragon Age back up. Be warned, there may be spoilers in here (though I think you're all well ahead of me). Thanks to the new PC I'm running everything on max settings as well, even AA is on x8.

As a recap my main is a human female mage who is concentrating on healing/crowd control and has picked up herbalism as well. My party so far is Alistair as tank, Morrigan as DPS and Leliana as a condition archer (slowing down etc). It seems to be working very nicely now as well, most fights consist of me controlling Alistair and running around with Threaten running to keep mobs on me whilst the others use the tactics slots to kill whatever I'm targetting. They also have other tactic slots in case they get overwhelmed or, in the case of Pevil, to heal Alistair/others if they get damaged.

After Lothering I went straight to Redcliffe and chose to visit the mages tower to try and save the boy but ended up visiting Brecilian Forest next. I absolutely loved this quest, got quite a few nice new equipment upgrades and most of the fights throughout it are nicely challenging without being insanely hard. There are also a few really colourful characters, such as the mad hermit. At the end of this I chose to talk to Zathrian and bring him to the Lady and ended up siding with the werewolves. The curse is lifted and the Dalish are going to help me, hooray!

After that I decided it was about time I picked up Shale so I've just completed the quest to get him, and gained Zevran along the way! So I think I now have all the npcs I can except for Wynne.

Oh and I finally got Alistair to step into my tent with me ;)

Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:34 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

lol, congrats. And you got a tent!? All my nightly action happened right around the campfire with everyone watching and dog sticking his nose in my butt. :(

Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:43 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I had a tent too. :roll: Well actually I always got it on in Morrigan's tent, but it's private all the same. Lol @ Satis getting it on in the middle of the camp on the floor. Your party members probably figured you were a freak. :lol:

- Coach

Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:55 am
Felix Rex

That's what I get for hooking up with a bard, I guess. They have no shame.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:18 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
I really must stop playing MW2 deathmatchs and get on with playing this game, at the first village out of the wilds as a female human DW Rogue.

No idea what the hell to do RE builds, just going with it for now. :)

Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:42 am
Minor Diety

Lol Satis, trust you to be out in public!

I've headed back to the Circle of Magi now, just picked up Wynne (loving her skill bar at level 12!) and so my party is now me, Wynne, Alistair and Leliana. I figured I'd kick Morrigan out simply as she doesn't like my goody two shoes style of deciding things. Plus I have enough damaging skills on Pev to make up for losing Morrigan though the loss of her curses will probably not be so great. Next playthrough I'll go evil and take Morrigan, Shale and Zevran along. Dunno when Sten or Dog will get a look in, maybe third time through.

So anyway about to head into the tower, have set up Wynne to heal at 50%, cast blessings and to also revive anyone that needs it. She came with so many tactic slots I have left 4 of them blank as I just don't know what to put in them! Will give her a couple of fights as a test run, see how it goes and then fill them up. It's kind of annoying though as I was going to unlock spirit healer with Pev and am now debating it. On the one hand I could just take it for the group heal/revive so two people can look after the group in an emergency and then keep taking damaging skills or I could stick with the crowd control I already have and add in more damage.

And yes tyranus you really do have to start on this game, it kicks CoDs ass.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:39 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

How do you set up a tactic for her to revive people? I was trying to figure it out but didn't see any "party member is incapacitated" or anything.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:05 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

How do you set up a tactic for her to revive people? I was trying to figure it out but didn't see any "party member is incapacitated" or anything.

YES how do you do that? I'm not saying i searched for hours on it, but i have the same problem. Maybe it's not THAT bad if you do it manually (respawning between a gazillion enemies comes to mind) but at times it's pretty annoying.

I also got the achievement for making Alistair a man (remind you, i'm playing female rogue). In the middle of the camp that was.
:D

~King of Thieves~

Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:46 pm
Minor Diety

For the revive it was simply something like Ally - status - any and then activate ability - revive. So basically they could drop dead from boredom and she'd still revive them ;)

Now in the Fade in the mages tower and tbh not enjoying it. Just feels like a damn Oblivion gate. Rest of the tower so far was fun though.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:28 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

boo! That's probably one of hte most creative sections of the game. Still, we'll see what you think of it once you finish it. It kinda grew on me.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:50 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:34 pm
Minor Diety

Do you mean the part with all the transformations? I really liked that.

My brother didn't because he didn't really use his transformations right AND he didn't have a good/balanced character there. So he got owned on almost every occasion. :D

note: it's probably worth to explore that part thoroughly, i think you can at least pick up 6 points for strength/dex/... .

~King of Thieves~

Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:12 am
Minor Diety

Yeah I've got 2 cunning and 1 strength point so far. I dunno, I can appreciate it and quite liked the first 2 islands/bit with Duncan, the others just seem... uninspired. *shrugs* I'm loving running in using Burning Man form though and fireballing the hell out of everyone ;)

Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:17 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

hehe... yea, there are a lot of points to earn in there. It's just a matter of getting all the forms and redoing all the parts so you don't miss anything.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:22 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Think I got about 9 or 10 in total, probably missed some. The final fight with Uldred took a few attempts but felt so damn good when I finally did it!

Leliana managed to attract the attention of the four abominations you start with and lasted until it was just Uldred and one abomination left before biting the dust. Alistair was doing ok with taking hits and Pev and Wynne were doing a good job of healing him up, but neither exactly have much firepower. Then I missed using the scroll thing once so we ended up with two abominations and Uldred all beating on Alistair. He came so close to death it was unbelievable and I had to micromanage the two healers to drink lyrium pots/heal Alistair and at one point he must have been down to one hp but somehow with no more firepower than auto attack from two staves and Alistairs occasional Shield Bash/Shield Pummel/Assault we finally got him down AND I managed to then finish the two abominations without any further deaths!

I'm currently in camp listening to Wynne natter on about everything then I'm going to head over to Orzammar.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:24 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next