It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Torchlight - Peltz 
Stranger

Post Torchlight - Peltz
I bough this for 4€, Its value is by far more than that in my opinion. While the graphics are cartoony with bright colors and stuff the game underneath is like superevolved Diablo 1. Unfortunately this is defenately a game not meant for me. Either i picked the wrong class or the wrong difficulty or the game is too shallow on the strategy part.

When i first played the demo version i went with a dual wielding warrior which didnt sweep me off my feet but didnt disappoint either. After the purchase however i went with the alchemist and i chose to build the character as a minion summoner and as one who can summon bolts of lightning out of their ass. Big mistake. Its nearly impossible to gimp the character you are playing but you can infact gimp the experience you get from the game.

At the moment the game feels like a bad movie or something. I run into a room, hold down the right mousebutton untill everything is dead and thats it. Basically its a two button game for me at the moment because i dont need to heal as i am rarely under attack and as with all games such as this ill be doing the same thing till the end of the game because i spent points on the lightning spell, theres no point in using other inferior spells.

I will try to finish it but i cant picture myself playing it again for a second playthrough, ever.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:28 am
Minor Diety

Can't disagree really. The demo didn't impress me, but Rinox went ahead and got it for me as an Xmas prez. For me it's fun in small doses as with many other small indie games i'm currently trying out. It gets grindy.

I'm playing as an Alchemist too, with intentions of becoming some kind of summoner. Although I must admit, my alchemical golem is more a distraction device rather than something to dish out melee damage. I'm currently using the lightening spell at pretty high level. Not sure what level I am.

For ranged weapons I happen to be using 2 x pistols, one of which does ~210 damage and the other ~130. I would prefer using a 2 handed weapon such as a rifle, but i can't come across any decent ones at the mo.

Like Ox and I have mentioned to eachother, we think the coop potential is pretty good, but then I got htinking.... wouldn't there be too much shit happening on-screen?

Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:43 am
Minor Diety

Oh and i picked Alchemist cos I liked the idea of pwning without getting my hands dirty.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:44 am
Stranger

Well the good thing is that it runs on pretty much anything that resembles a computer with WinXP on it.

Quote:
Processor: x86-compatible 800MHz processor
Memory: 512MB
Graphics: DirectX-compatible 3D graphics with at least 64MB of addressable memory (such as an ATI Radeon 7200, NVIDIA GeForce 2, or Intel GMA 950)
DirectX®: 9.0c
Hard Drive: 400MB

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:49 am
Minor Diety

Heh, yeah, they were very big on keeping the sys reqs down. The idea is that it should be playable on most standard netbooks (!) these days, which is cool and a testament to their ability to tweak their engine. Cause it may not look like Crysis, it sure has some colorful and good design choices.

I haven't played it enough to judge it though. Will get back at you with that. :) It's gotten reviews in the 80-85% mark most of the time which is remarkable for a game like this...the underlying mechanics are brilliant and the lootfever is high. What more does anyone expect? ;)

- Coach

Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]