It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Dragon Age - My topic 
Minor Diety

J, what did you do re: Morrigan? She's clearly still alive, but did you sleep with her? or did you make Allistair do so? And whatever happened to Loghain?

- Coach

Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:06 am
Minor Diety

Well, it was for the greater good, so i convinced Alistair to sleep with her. Remember i'm a female rogue, hard to knock up Morrigan myself. I took on Loghain 1 on 1, gave Alistair the honour to kill him and become the new ruler. With me as the queen of course. That was the big plan after all: we all know that Alistair won't be a great king, he'll just be the puppet on the throne, with me pulling his strings.

~King of Thieves~

Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:54 pm
Minor Diety

I finished it. Final battle wasn't that hard really, dunno if i got lucky or if it's just my skill. :P

~King of Thieves~

Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:00 pm
Felix Rex

I don't think it was really all that hard. Congrats. Now you need to give us a recap of all the stuff that happens afterward... blah blah happened to Redcliff, so and so, blah blah. All the text it spits at you in the end.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:38 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

You honestly think i remember all that stuff? I was happy enough i ended the game! :D

Most things were positive: Bann Teagan rules Redcliff now with Arl Eamon as advisor for me and Alistair (queen & king), Elves were happy (although it was only because of the new elder after a while or something) and the alienage prospered as well, Grey Wardens got the old Howe territory, all went well in the Mage Tower, although there were some doubts about Connor i think. Harrowmont didn't do so well though, dwarven city became even more shut out.

~King of Thieves~

Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:37 am
Minor Diety

Bah! Harrowmont is weak! You should have gone for my brother-in-law...a little unorthodox and a tyrant, but at least he tried! ;)

Seriously though, nice work J! How you find the time to play in between a job, household, kid and social life is beyond me. ;) And yeah, the Archdemon himself isn't all that tough if you've beaten the Brood Mother, the two dragons (three in Satis' case :roll: ) and some other stuff, not even on hard. But the scope of the fight makes up for it.

Did you romance anyone? Just wondering. And did you use Shale a lot?

- Coach

Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:58 am
Minor Diety

I don't have Shale, dunno if i can actually get him since i only have the regular version?

And Alistair was my romantic interest. Well, i actually had 2 romances with Alistair and Leliana, but they made me pick one. Lame.
You can't become queen if you're not in a romance with Alistair i think.

I started a new compaign on hard, this time a dwarven noble fighter. Dunno if i ever will finish this game, but i should play all origin stories i guess, puts a lot of people you encounter in a whole different perspective. (like i never had a clue about Gorim's background in my first game)

~King of Thieves~

Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:16 am
Felix Rex

heh, you're playing my second game now. :) But I agree, it was interesting seeing what Gorim was all about. Starting as a mage you get a good look into that blood mage in Redcliffe. I'm sure each origin story puts a bit more light on the world.

Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:30 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I don't have Shale, dunno if i can actually get him since i only have the regular version?

Every new game of Dragon Age (like yours) has Shale as free DLC. You can just download him with the code you got. I highly recommend him - he's one of the most fun characters in the game and is an amazing allround party member. He has offensive, defensive and ranged modes and isn't a 'class' like all the other NPC's. He truly is unique.

He was initially meant to be in the game but they cut him because there were some problems with his pathfinding. When the game was delayed they decided to fix it and offer him as free DLC for everyone who bought the game new...only people who buy it second-hand don't get him.

Good luck on hard. The Dwarven origins are the best, imho. :) And hard is doable, just get creative on the tactics department!

- Coach

Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:42 am
Minor Diety

J wrote:

Every new game of Dragon Age (like yours) has Shale as free DLC. You can just download him with the code you got. !

any pointers as to where i find the code?

(might start searching for it, so maybe i'll find it, highly doubtfull though)

~King of Thieves~

Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:48 am
Minor Diety

Did you buy it on steam? If so, just r-click dragon age in steam and choose "view game cd key". Then go in Dragon Age and choose "Downloadable content" and then in the left bottom "redeem code". It will take you to a Bioware page where you can enter the code. Once that's done you will need to go to the DA downloadable content page again and download it...Shale can take a while, most items (if you have any) take a second. You might need to restart the game before you can actually download them though, not sure.

If you bought the game in a story the code should be somewhere in the box, like on the back of the manual or something. :)

- Coach

Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:55 am
Minor Diety

The Stone Prisoner Dragon Age: Origins PC/Mac ---

That's how that download page looks to me. I serieusly think that i needed the collector's edition or something else for that?

~King of Thieves~

Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:09 pm
Minor Diety

That's the one (Stone Prisoner). And no, you don't need the CE or anything like that. Satis didn't realize it before long either IIRC.

(there were other DLC things that you needed the CE for or pre-order, but not the Stone Prisoner)

- Coach

Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:17 pm
Minor Diety

I know that's the one, it's just that i don't have a download button :)

~King of Thieves~

Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:25 pm
Minor Diety

isn't there a "redeem code" button then? Or if you already did that, try closing the game and restarting (a keep an eye on the 'downloads in progress' and 'installed DLC' tabs in the same screen).

- Coach

Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next