It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Dragon Age - My topic 
Minor Diety

Yeah my rogue is wearing the armour from the drake scales. Except for the gloves. Got extra backstab damage gloves.
Btw: Alistair is wearing the Armor of the Legion atm which seem pretty badass compared to everything else i've seen so far. So i'm not even sure if the dragon armor will be better for him. I'll have it made though, we'll see.

~King of Thieves~

Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:00 am
Minor Diety

IIRC they have the same armor rating but different magic effects. But they are the two best armors in the game I think, in addition to the Juggernaut Plate.

P.S. you know that you get set bonuses for wearing a complete armor right? What with the gloves and all. I think helmets are exempted, but I could be wrong.

- Coach

Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:04 am
Felix Rex

For the drake, the set is gloves, boots and armor. I'm not sure if other sets require other pieces. I know I get set bonuses for that, for some of the heavy armor I got in the deep roads (sorry, forget which) and for wearing all Dalish equipment.

Also, you know to click on an item for the set in your inventory, then go to the eye to see what the bonus actually is, right? Took me awhile to figure it out. In my opinion, they should tell you when you mouse over the set bonus icon, but whatever.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:17 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah figured that stuff out. Didn't wear full sets that often because the bonus often wasn't that good compared to the bonusses i got from other gloves for instance.

Wearing the heavy dragon armor with Alistair now, magic bonusses are slightly more appealing than with the legion armor. Don't have to worry about mages hurling fireballs at me anymore :P

I'm in the elven woods now, so i'm still working on the juggernaut armor. Got 2 pieces atm.

~King of Thieves~

Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:34 pm
Minor Diety

Those guardians of the armor raped me over and over again until I was level 20-ish. Up until then I'd only managed to get a hold of the plate itself, not the gauntlets, helm or boots.

- Coach

Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:03 am
Felix Rex

yea, they beat me down pretty bad the first few times I tried. I went back late in the game and owned them. That battle is not for the weak.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:50 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

True, had to skip some of the black vial fights as well, though guys.

~King of Thieves~

Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:10 pm
Minor Diety

I'm finally in the last stages of the game (i guess). Just got my butt kicked pretty heavily, mainly by a couple of emissaries, i hate those guys. It's the beginning of the fort i'm at now, dunno if you guys know what fight i'm talking about.

When i'm finished, i'll let you know what choices i made and such, trying to avoid major spoilers for Pev (although she might even finish this game earlier than me).

~King of Thieves~

Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:59 am
Felix Rex

If you are where I think you are, then yea, you're pretty close to the end. Congrats on getting through it. I look forward to your ending.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:20 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Me too. Funny how almost everyone's ending seems to vary a lot. :)

- Coach

Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:05 am
Minor Diety

I found half an hour to get some playtime in. I'm finally past the Fort Drakon courtyard or whatever it is.

*possible spoiler if you're not near the endgame* (that's you pev)

I decided to use the Redcliff army as canon fodder. Clearing the frontyard first before running toward the ramp. Throw some spells on the ramp to keep them busy (blizzard, earthquake, sleep). It went well (cleared the archers, almost got the first dragonthingie down) untill Alistair got 'death hex' and probably a lot of other stuff on him while fighting a drake/dragon thrall or whatever it is. So i had to revive him, still good though, minor delay.

Shortly after that Morrigan decided to die. I guess the emissaries on the ramp figured out they should be targetting my spellcasters, so i'm getting into trouble with no revival spell available. Oh look, death hex on my rogue ... i'm down to 2 fighters. So it's time for plan B: frontal assault on the ramp. So i rush in Alistair, targetting one of the emissaries. The remaining dragonthingie is surrounded by Redcliff guys ... good. I manage to keep both characters alive long enough for Alistair to finally kill one emissary, barely staying alive and (great timing) my revival spell for Wynne becomes available again.

So, now what: Morrigan for crowd control, our my rogue for the quick kill? I decide this fight should end asap, so i revive my rogue and rush in. There's still 2 alpha's and 2 emissaries to deal with, but with my rogue being able to get head to head, i make short work of them. FINALLY. Fight took me ages it seems. 13 redcliff soldiers managed to survive the slaughter :)

So i'm in the fort now, met a teleporting spellcaster that i killed easily. Now i need to find time to continue my fight.

~King of Thieves~

Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:16 pm
Felix Rex

You're getting close, man, keep at it. :twisted: Good violence!

Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:11 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah, keep going. :) And don't be afraid to use your reinforcements already! I mean keep some at hand for the final battle, but I know I waited to use most of them until waaay too late and had like 4 unused armies when fighting the final boss. :roll:

(Those golems really kicked some butt so I didn't really need to replace them, heh)

- Coach

Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:41 am
Felix Rex

Yea, use the hell out of them. My first playthrough I didn't use any until the final battle. Though it's a bit late for you now, I suppose. If you're going into the fort, you can't call reinforcements until the final battle anyway. :roll:

*spoiler*

My second playthrough, I called on the dwarves in the alienage and they were of much assistance. I then called the elves in the next area, and on the final battle I called the golems until they got wiped out, then mages. It made life quite a bit easier.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:25 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

First area (the one with all the ogres, market) i didn't use any backup. In the alienage i figured it would be appropiate to call for the elves. That turned out pretty well, since i kept most enemies at the gate, and my elves could rain down arrows on them. As you know, redcliff will have a lot of losses to mourn from the battle in the Fort frontyard. I've called in the dwarves as well somewhere, dunno where.

I know i'm close to the final battle now, dunno what forces i'll use. I'd say mages, but i thought that was a great idea when you have to defend the gates with your 'other' group. But it's not convenient to constantly get fireballs thrown on your melee fighters :roll:
So it will be elves or dwarves (don't have the golems, i destroyed the anvil).

~King of Thieves~

Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next