It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Dragon Age - My topic 
Minor Diety

It's downloading now, weird. I swear i had quit and restarted the game.

Thx for the heads up, now it's my turn to inform my brother, he doesn't have a clue either.

:D

~King of Thieves~

Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:31 pm
Minor Diety

haha, you're welcome. :) I think a lot of people who haven't been following the whole launch-DLC debate were confused by it. Enjoy Shale.

- Coach

Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:44 am
Felix Rex

btw... it looks like if you don't have internet access, you can't load a save game that includes DLC material. Yea...on a single-player game, DLCs force you to have internet access. That's really, really sickening.

The reason I know is that I loaded into DA and hit 'continue' and got a big popup that said that I wasn't logged into Bioware or whatever and couldn't load a game that had DLC. Needless to say, my hatred of DLCs just increased significantly.

If I can replicate the error, I'll screenshot it.

Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:31 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Here we go. Guess I can't play my single player game in airports, on airplanes, at relatives' houses, or anywhere else I don't have internet access. Lamz0r!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:47 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Mm, lame indeed. Not that I don't believe you, but I'm gonna try and look into this. You would think we would have heard a massive choir of Angry Internet Men about this if it were really that fucked up, I mean.

- Coach

Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:49 am
Felix Rex

I went ahead and tested it, and you CAN play the game without an internet connection. I don't know why the hell that message would come up, but I killed Steam, logically killed my network connection, started Steam in offline mode, and was able to successfully fire up Dragon Age and load a game. So, never mind my nay-saying, though the error still troubles me some.

On an aside, Shale screwed up in my game. any time I talked to him, it would warp me outside of my current map and restart the 'do you want to activate the golem' stuff it does in the village. I googled it and apparently this isn't uncommon. The fix I found was to enable the developer console, run a script for shale, and kind of readd him to the party. This fixed my issues entirely, though it's a bit annoying.

Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:59 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Good to hear! Yeah, surprisingly, EA is actually the coolest big-time producer around when it comes to game-stopping DRM these days. If you'd told me that 2 years ago i'd have called you crazy. :roll:

Other than that pretty annoying-sounding hitch, digging Shale so far? I hope you had him in your party when you left the village you find him in. :lol:

- Coach

Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:53 am
Felix Rex

Yea, he's decent. I can't recall if I had him partied then or not, to be honest, but at this point I've pretty much swapped out Sten for Shale. Currently in Orzammar going after Jarvia.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:29 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Well if you don't remember the 'chicken event'* then you probably didn't. :P

* As you know, he pathologically hates birds. When you leave the little village, you suddenly hear a "SPLUT" sound behind you. You look back and you see Shale standing in a cloud of chicken feathers, shrugging his shoulders in a "what?" gesture. Hi-la-ri-ous.

- Coach

Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6