It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 10:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
Dragon Age - Satis 
Minor Diety

heh.... actually, to me the fight was fairly easy. Are you meaning the final fight with the sloth? I pretty much owned him between my main's various forms and my fellows I rescued from their nightmares. Though I did have to grab some lyrium with Morrigan at one point. Still, I've had far harder fights (the forest comes to mind).

Yeah, it took me several tries. :( Also, the Lyrium veins...I didn't find out until later in the game that they could be used that way. Why? Because I had Rinox, my main, use them first a few times and he always went 'that doesn't work' and indeed, it didn't seem to do shit.

I was in Orzimmar before I realized that this was because I am a dwarf and practically immune to lyrium: it doesn't hurt me but doesn't 'work' for me either. Morrigan and other humans and elves could use it just fine. :roll:

Nice little touch, though.

- Coach

Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:42 am
Felix Rex

I finished the mage tower. Picked up some health poultice recipes, but blew all my money on stat boost books. :roll: I didn't realize how freakin' expensive the components are (the distillation agent and whatnot) so I can't actually afford to make more than a few. :roll:

I then stopped by the forest, figured out hte problem with the Halla, then tried fucking with the tombstones again. And got owned again. I'm guessing it scales along with my characters. I may give that a few more tries, or just move on. Maybe I should pick up trap making and see if that helps.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:07 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I think it scales, but only to a point. For 85% of the game the tombstones in the forest were absolutely impossible for me. The revenants would hack through me like my insanely armored, 40+ CON tank was made of butter.

Then, at super-high level and right before starting the end-play, I beat them all relatively easily (ok so I used force field :P ). Same with some other big beasties.

- Coach

Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:53 am
Felix Rex

ok, that's good to know. I moved on after getting pwnt a few times... I'm in the dwarf city. I did a bunch of side quests and am about to go into the arena thing fighting for the guy that wasn't the son of the dead king... lord Hobcakes or some shit. Hobblewarts. I don't know. I like how there will be conversations going on that you can eavesdrop on that then turn into quests. If I hadn't stopped to see what was going on, I would've missed several little quests.

However, I admit that I'm starting to burn out a bit on the little bitch quests. I'm about ready to head into the underdark... I mean... the old tunnels. :roll: I'm also levelling Allistair's trap skill... hopefully by the time I finish the dwarf crap I'll be able to start laying down some pain.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:42 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Harrowmont. :P I sided with the Prince, for various reasons.

Enjoy the Deep Roads. You won't be seeing sunlight for a while, and spend 60% of your time crying that you didn't take me up on my storage chest offer. (oh yes I went there :lol: )

- Coach

Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:59 am
Felix Rex

blah blah blah. They just need a spell to convert crap loot directly into cash. I think it was Dungeon Siege that had that... best part of that game by far.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:23 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Or one of them dog/cat pet companions from Torchlight...you can load up their pack with gear and send them off to the stores while you're in the dungeon. They return later with gold. Very smooth system.

As always, there's a PA comic for this. :P

- Coach

Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:34 am
Stranger

Hah i was thinking of digging that up myself.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:19 am
Felix Rex

So I'm still playing, in the dark roads now, most people around level 13. This areas is pretty damned easy so far... I cleared the town that's nearby. The only difficult fight had 2 emissaries in it, everything else was pretty simple.

I'm now at the crossroads. I using Morrigan, Leliana, Allistair and myself. Now that I know what kind of characters I can have and whatnot, I really wish I could respec my main. :( He's kind of redundant. Though it is nice having two archers plinking away.

I got the dwarf, but he's pretty pointless... I'd rather have a shield tank like Allistair, though at least I was able to purge my inventory of all the liqour gifts. :P

Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:07 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Haha. I hated having the pick up the dwarf, not because he was a dwarf but because I got so used at my (then) party composition that he was anything but an addition - especially at hard. There are some nightmarish fights towards the end of the Deep Roads. I enjoyed the area a lot though.

I fought the end battle with a two-man party basically, due to...circumstances. Since it was me and Morrigan, I kited my way through. Me running, her slowly picking away damage. Took me ages.

You advanced yet?

- Coach

Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:39 am
Felix Rex

ah, yea, I beat the deep roads... I talked about my final battle in another thread, so I won't repeat myself, but similarly it was Morrigan and my main.

I'm now in Denerim, playing around. Fun stuff. I attempted to do some party members' quests (Leliana and Morrigan) but they're too tough for me right now. I'll try again in a few more levels, I suppose.

Finally picked up a spirit healer book too, but Morrigan hasn't levelled so I haven't been able to do much with it. My next play through, i definitely want both Morrigan and Wynn. My main will tank, and I'll probably take Zevran as my rogue. That should make for some great variety.

BTW... did Zevran hit on you? I found it a tad disturbing when he made advances on me.

Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:10 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

I guess the spoiler warning is no longer necessary.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:26 pm
Minor Diety

Yeah, he hits on males and females alike. I didn't really mind too much...I just told him I don't swing that way, and he didn't really persist too much after that. He's a sneaky fucking rat though. :P

- Coach

Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:05 am
King

BTW... did Zevran hit on you? I found it a tad disturbing when he made advances on me.

What?! Gross! Glad I never use him. I guess next the liberal agenda will be pushing abortions , government run health care and man made global warming down our throats in games too. I mean if Build a Bear can do it /why not the gaming industry.

Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:38 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Felix Rex

lol... damn right wingers. :roll: The Zevran stuff really didn't bother me too much, it was just a bit jarring. I wasn't expecting to get hit on by a gay elf.

I'm still screwing around in Denerim, though I leave from time to time to hit up various other quests. I'm starting to actually work my way through quests in my quest journal now... prior to this, I pretty much ignored it. Denerim is actually pretty fun... I was afraid it would turn into something like Baldur's Gate in the original game... too huge and too much shit to do. But, though quite large, it's not overwhelming.

My characters are mostly around level 15. I badly need to find a warrior book, though... I want Allistair to get his second specialization. I could grab berserker, but no thanks... I'd rather he get something better for tanking.

Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:45 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next