It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 12:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
Dragon Age - Satis 
Stranger

I found some dwarf with his minions holed up in a shack and murdered them. I'm actually trying to play good this time around

Like wow, thats a good way to start :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:30 am
Felix Rex

hehe...things quickly spiralled out of control. :roll: I was trying to convince him to help defend the city. Besides, I thought he had some good loot. Big mistake there.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:32 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Lmao. You're a regular Jesus Christ Satis, first the Elves and now this. :P :roll:

Can't wait to see what other choices you'll make. :)

- Coach

Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:35 am
Felix Rex

Hey, the elf thing was the proper choice... that dude needed to chill out. Eventually he released the curse and all was well. :roll: Killing the dwarf crime lord wasn't so clear cut, I'll admit.

At this time, I plan on making an evil fighter for my next play through... probably a human or some sort. Commoner if that's an option (too lazy to look it up). I'll pummel and intimidate my way through the game.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:45 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

It is. Human nobles can be rogues or warriors. Dwarven Noble is supposed to be the best origin story, though, so may also be an idea (I'll play it somewhere down the line I'm sure).

The game presents you with a ton of choices that aren't all that easy or good/evil, so you'll probably have to take a few more decisions that will spot your stainless Elven soul. :roll:

I mostly played as a pragmatist: not wantonly evil, but prepared to do some petty crime for cash and taking decisions in terms of what would help me defeat the blight/strengthen my army. Way I saw it, there was no room for needless sentimentality. Some shit may be fucked up, but if it can help defeat the Blight, hell, it's worth it.

(Did I mention I love DA?)

- Coach

Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:52 am
Stranger

what would help me defeat the blight/strengthen my army

And in what way did killing half of your entourage help your army? :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:16 pm
Felix Rex

So I finished up Redcliffe and am now working on the mage's tower.

*spoilers*

In redcliffe I ended up letting the chick sacrifice herself so I could save the kid. :roll: Oh well, she was a bitch anyway. I also picked up a certain assassin as a party member... hopefully I can learn the skill from him.

In the tower, I got the templars to pledge assistance if I clear the place out (dunno if that's an accomplishment or just part of the story line). I also got into a discussion with some mages, but they were rather rude and I killed them. I'm thinking my alignment is starting to drift a bit.

So I'm still using Morrigan, Allister, Leliana and me (ranger) as party members. I picked up blizzard for Morrigan and my ranger (me) summons pets up to spiders now... I typically run my spider forward, pull aggro and hold it in the blizzard zone while Morrigan casts it. That lets me pelt several enemies to death with arrows pretty easily. I'm currently not having any issues with encounters on normal any more... not like the forest where every encounter was almost certain death.

Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:33 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

I also got into a discussion with some mages, but they were rather rude and I killed them

Quote:
I found some dwarf with his minions holed up in a shack and murdered them.

Quote:
I'm actually trying to play good this time around

Im not seeing the connection.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:30 am
Felix Rex

Yea... my true alignment sneaks through. :roll: I try to do the right thing, but it seems to end up in blood and death pretty regularly. :roll:

Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:11 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol @ Satis' idea of being good. Remind me never to vote for him for any sort of office. :roll:

*spoilers*

You killing the mages is actually kind of funny...but I probably shouldn't say why. :lol: And I think either the templars or the mages can be recruited for your army there. Maybe both if you're smooth. All I can say is that I did the exact same thing as you did...the mages were acting suspiciously so I decided it would be safer to just cleanse the tower entirely. Did the same thing at Redcliffe, too.

Blizzard is a great spell, lifesaver for me on hard. When fighting in a closed area with lots of archers it was often the only way to survive long enough. I had Morrigan max out the cold, fire and lighting spells so I would cast all three on top of each other. Not much survived that. :wink:

I hope you're having fun with Zhevran. :P

@ Peltz...hey, if it's sacrificing for the greater good then killing friends can strengthen your army. ;) And I didn't actually KILL all of them. Some of them just left in disgust. :lol:

- Coach

Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:12 am
Stranger

Blizzard is a great spell

I would go even as far as saying it is the best. Start off with an earthquake which knocks everyone down, cast blizzard, cast that other ae which deals spirit damage and voila a large room full of dead people. Not to mention you can cast them through some obstacles.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: New patch.

Quote:
The spells Force Field, Crushing Prison, Cone of Cold, and Blizzard now have shorter durations and/or longer cooldowns. This ensures that combatants can no longer stun-lock each other by repeatedly casting the same spell.

I was actually expecting this. After reading how people play the game with more than one mage it had to change.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:21 am
Felix Rex

I just finished killing the sloth demon in the magi tower. I'm guessing I'm pretty much at the end of it.... what a really long, drawn out 'side' quest. not that it wasn't cool.. having the various forms was pretty fun. Now my inventory is full. :roll:

Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:19 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Sloth demon is a cool quest, with the shapeshifting thing in the Fade. It's a pretty tough fight too (or at least it was for me).

*doesn't mention storage chest mod* :wink:

And if you thought this was long, wait until you get to Orzimmar. :lol:

- Coach

Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:23 am
Felix Rex

heh.... actually, to me the fight was fairly easy. Are you meaning the final fight with the sloth? I pretty much owned him between my main's various forms and my fellows I rescued from their nightmares. Though I did have to grab some lyrium with Morrigan at one point. Still, I've had far harder fights (the forest comes to mind).

Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:51 am
Profile WWW
King

heh.... actually, to me the fight was fairly easy. Are you meaning the final fight with the sloth? I pretty much owned him between my main's various forms and my fellows I rescued from their nightmares. Though I did have to grab some lyrium with Morrigan at one point. Still, I've had far harder fights (the forest comes to mind).

sloth has been by far the hardest fight for me. then again I havent gone in the woods yet.

Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:33 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Reply to topic   [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next