It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Dragon Age - Satis 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Dragon Age - Satis
You just like to get freaky with innocent-looking redhead girls with French accents that are total freaks in the sack. :P

I agree largely with you, btw, but for all my hatred of him, Allistair is well-written. I just don't feel his witty, cynical, slightly wussy sycophantic personality really fit in with his fighter/templar stature. You know? Some sort of rogue/warrior hybrid would have made more sense I feel.

As for Sten...a lot of people have told me they didn't like Sten (or at least thought he wasn't as fleshed out), but he's just hard to 'reach' imho. He has some very adverse ways of showing his appreciation of you and needs to be treated carefully (for example, if he disagrees with you and challenges you to a duel and you beat him, he'll actually gain tremendous respect for you). Same for Morrigan, to a lesser extent.

Did you romance Zhevran? Like really do his romance and be a couple at the end, not just have casual sex. :P

- Coach

Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:48 am
Stranger

Quote:
I agree largely with you, btw, but for all my hatred of him, Allistair is well-written. I just don't feel his witty, cynical, slightly wussy sycophantic personality really fit in with his fighter/templar stature.

I agree with you but then again Templars in Dragon Age are not the heroes in shining armor we have grown to know. These are zealots flying on some drug and will fuck you up the moment you show signs of demon corruption with no mercy or second thought.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:17 am
Felix Rex

haha, yea, but he was kinda wheedling and whiny. Still, it was a good, fleshed out character in my opinion. Kinda dumb, hides behind some trash talk. Overall I like him. I like some of the aspects of Sten, but overall he's still fairly one dimensional. There are a few things that make him interesting... like his love of cookies. Beyond that, however, he's just the glum warrior guy that respects strength and hates talking.

Something I do think was lacking in the game is evil characters. I mean, Sten and maybe Zevran are probably the most evil people... and Shale. But none of those are truly evil, just morally ambiguous for the most part. Compare that to Zar (however you spell his name) from Baldur's Gate, or the other mage guy.... christ, been too long...

*looks it up*

Xzar and Edwin is who I was thinking of. Viconia too, to a lesser degree. If you were to adopt D&D type alignments, even the 'evil' people are probably all chaotic good. There's no one to compare to the truly evil characters from BG. It makes playing the game as a total asshole quite difficult.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:22 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

"My name is Edwin Odeseiron. You simians may refer to me simply as 'sir', if you prefer a less syllable-intensive workout."

Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:54 pm
Felix Rex

yes. Edwin was an awesome character. Even though I don't think I ever played a truly evil character in BG, I loved the guy's character.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:55 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

There was also Korgan Bloodaxe, who enjoyed killing and maiming. And bad puns. :roll:

And yeah, no really evil characters in DA but I wouldn't exactly say they were all chaotic good at worst. Sten killed an entire family, including the children, upon suspicion of them having taken his gear. He didn't so much feel guilty about killing them as about breaching his 'code'. He also talks extensively how the Qunari would eventually wash over Ferelden and brutally slaughter the 'weak' people there. So, I dunno. He's still evil. He just respects you (for your strength or vision). If anything, there weren't any 'cartoonish' evil characters in DA with the possible exception of Lord Howe. Even Loghain isn't EVAL, but a man driven by a corrupted sense of duty and old wounds. And as much as I liked Korgan and Edwin, they wouldn't have fit into the morally grey universe of DA. Viconia would have, imho.

Even the high and mighty Duncan, Allistair's personal jesus, isn't exactly an altar boy. Cfr. the Joining. :D

- Coach

Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:36 pm
Felix Rex

fair enough... less evil, less good, more gray. Still, it's hard doing the evil stuff in the game, due to the lack of party members that would support you. I would've been nice to have people cheering you on for ruining andraste's remains, killing off Redcliffe village,and slaughtering all the games. :mrgreen:

Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:49 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol, true. The 'worst' you can do now is Morrigan's faint amusement at you slaughtering people and defiling holy sites, but she doesn't really cheer for you either.

- Coach

Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12