It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Mass Effect 2 
Minor Diety

Post Mass Effect 2
System reqs released. Also, good news from its DRM front.

http://www.rpgwatch.com/#13839

Quote:
Minimum System Requirements

Operating System: Windows XP SP3 / Windows Vista SP1 / Windows 7
Processor: 1.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent AMD CPU
Memory: 1 GB RAM for Windows XP / 2 GB RAM for Windows Vista and Windows 7
Hard Drive Space: 15 GB
DVD ROM: 1x Speed
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible
DirectX: DirectX 9.0c August 2008 (included)
Input: Keyboard / Mouse
Video Card: 256 MB (with Pixel Shader 3.0 support). Supported Chipsets - NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or greater; ATI Radeon X1600 Pro or greater.

Please note that NVIDIA GeForce 7300, 8100, 8200, 8300, 8400, and 9300; ATI Radeon HD3200, and HD4350 are below minimum system requirements. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required. Intel and S3 video cards are not officially supported in Mass Effect 2.

Recommended System Requirements

Operating System: Windows XP SP3 / Windows Vista SP1 / Windows 7
Processor: 2.6+ GHz Cure 2 Duo Intel or equivalent AMD CPU
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Sound Card: 100% DirectX compatible sound card and drivers
DirectX: DirectX August 2008
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT, or better recommended

For the best results, make sure you have the latest drivers for your video and audio cards. Laptop or mobile versions of the above supported video cards have not had extensive testing and may have driver or other performance issues. As such, they are not officially supported in Mass Effect 2. Intel and S3 video cards are not officially supported in Mass Effect 2.

Digital Rights Management (DRM)

The boxed/retail PC version of Mass Effect 2 will use only a basic disk check and it will not require online authentication. This is the same method as Dragon Age: Origins. Digital versions will use the retailers protection system

- Coach

Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:13 am
Stranger

A post at gametrailer comments section pointed out an interesting piece of information, apparently the weapon system has been somewhat broadened as there will be heavy launcher systems and submachine guns, check the picture i pulled from a trailer.

Edit: Added Roster Picture. Apparently more npc will be available this time. We shall see if they go DA way and allow you to butcher some of them. Or perhaps group sex is the new romance height in video games.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Be well or Get Help!!

Last edited by Peltz on Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:54 pm
Stranger

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/mas ... eo/6242318

There are some pretty hefty changes to the engineer class as well. For starters there will be drones. In addition to that, theres the Cryo Blast and Incinerate.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:16 am
Minor Diety

Peltz, are you replaying ME1 for your savegame to load into ME2? or just to refamiliarize yourself with the universe?

- Coach

Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:54 am
Stranger

To load it into the ME2. Im playing as the infiltrator this time though, on the x360 i went with Engineer. I think im about 60-70% done at the moment. Not quite yet at the "choice" moment but not too far either. I am however at level 44-47 or so.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:07 pm
Minor Diety

Cool. :) Playing mostly as a renegade or paragon?

I have a friend who is obsessed with ME - I only played it through once but I digged it a lot. But it had a lot of shortcomings on PC that made me bar it from my "best games evah" list...ME2 might change that.

- Coach

Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:29 am
Felix Rex

ME was pretty goddamned repetitive. The main mission quests were good and varied, but the side stuff was the same shit... over and over and over and over again. But you kinda wanted to do it for max levelage.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:38 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

I have a friend who is obsessed with ME

I guess he's just in for the sex with other species :D

Quote:
ME was pretty goddamned repetitive. The main mission quests were good and varied, but the side stuff was the same shit... over and over and over and over again. But you kinda wanted to do it for max levelage.

Yep thats probably the most accurate review of the game. The side missions and main missions are tied together as elaborately as siamese twins joined together with a wooden stake. Not to mention that all that mineral/gas/metal hunting is just a time sink to make the game last longer and is soo unnecessary. The afore mentioned aside, its still a good game but i have always digged the sci fi a little more than medieval fantasy so im not entirely objective in this matter. I like the fact that the game is shorter than DA, it feels more energetic and uncomplicated fun however i do appreciate the complexity of DA over ME because ME feels too much like a rail shooter.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:10 am
Minor Diety

With all these steam sales and other holidays shennanigans one would almost forget that Mass Effect 2 is scheduled for the end of January. :o

New cinematic trailer...VERY tight

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/cinem ... fect/60053

I want this game. Want want want.

Oh and apparently one of the consequences from your choices of the original (Wrex...) is already known: if you didn't kill him he will be the chief of the Krogan planet who reunited the clans, causing you to be respected by the Krogan and welcomed to their planet. :) If you did kill him...well the Krogan aren't exactly famous for their hospitality to strangers. :roll:

I got my saved game ready and waiting. /me laughs at Satis' Xbox copy (sorry)

- Coach

Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:45 am
Felix Rex

Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:33 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

- Coach

Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:50 am
Felix Rex

probably. depends on reviews and free time. ME wasn't bad by any means, but it also didn't give me a chubby like other games.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:32 am
Profile WWW
King

chubby

hehehehehe you said chubby

Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:52 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

Kinda waiting for this game to be available for pre-order on steam, what with the release date being 26th of January...want to pre-load, too cold to run to the stores. :P

- Coach

Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:15 am
Minor Diety

Ok, it's up for pre-order now. No price drop for doing so, however. :(

- Coach

Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next