It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
jeej 
Minor Diety

Post jeej
i just finished IWD for the first time ever.

I once got to the last guy (belhifet or something) and then just never played on. And on previous attempts i always got stuck with that annoying bug that caused my game to crash on entering lower dorn`s deep.

But is belhifet supposed to be that easy? only my dwarven fighter got hit a few times by him. and there were a lot of traps appearently. but didn`t get bothered by them much. That was a bit disappointing. i know sarevok gave me some heavy butt-kicking in bg the first couple of tries.

~King of Thieves~

Tue Jul 22, 2003 8:20 am
King

Post Re: jeej
Return of the J wrote:
i just finished IWD for the first time ever.

I once got to the last guy (belhifet or something) and then just never played on. And on previous attempts i always got stuck with that annoying bug that caused my game to crash on entering lower dorn`s deep.

But is belhifet supposed to be that easy? only my dwarven fighter got hit a few times by him. and there were a lot of traps appearently. but didn`t get bothered by them much. That was a bit disappointing. i know sarevok gave me some heavy butt-kicking in bg the first couple of tries.

Yeah it was too easy I have to admit. I did it first time as well. Beat up the golems with two characters, tried to disarm all the traps with the thief and battered the demon. Piece of cake compared to BG

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:09 am
Minor Diety

For some reason i had trouble taking him on long agp; while evryone else thinks he's easy and i'm more or less a l33t IE gamer, if i may say so myself. :twisted:

Still don't know why...mebbe i accidentally played on insane? Maybe he's my achilles heel? Maybe i just plain hard suck? ;)

- Coach

Fri Jul 25, 2003 9:30 am
Minor Diety

My tactics were: get my party out of the cloudkill first, then bash the 2 golems because they were blocking my view. Then bash the main guy.

I even forgot to sleep .. so not a lot of spells, my mage just stood there, i think i made him summon some elemental or such.

as for the traps .. i just ignored them. didn`t want to waste any time defusing them.

Btw rinox, in the old boards you always said that in icewind you just rushed into the whole bunch of enemies and killed them. i preferred the ranged weapon tactics where you pick a couple of them off and then move on to kill another 3 and another 3 ...

Now i noticed that with the rushing tactic you just don`t waste time by being cautious and you can really hack through the whole pack. That saved me a LOT of time i think.
So although you plainly suck :wink: you sometimes have good ideas

~King of Thieves~

Fri Jul 25, 2003 9:44 am
King

My tactics were: get my party out of the cloudkill first, then bash the 2 golems because they were blocking my view. Then bash the main guy.

I even forgot to sleep .. so not a lot of spells, my mage just stood there, i think i made him summon some elemental or such.

as for the traps .. i just ignored them. didn`t want to waste any time defusing them.

Btw rinox, in the old boards you always said that in icewind you just rushed into the whole bunch of enemies and killed them. i preferred the ranged weapon tactics where you pick a couple of them off and then move on to kill another 3 and another 3 ...

Now i noticed that with the rushing tactic you just don`t waste time by being cautious and you can really hack through the whole pack. That saved me a LOT of time i think.

I found that I could not backstab the demon. Is this normal?

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Wed Jul 30, 2003 7:25 am
Minor Diety

Wasn`t it like that in bg2 too? not sure.

however it should be normal. some creatures are immune to backstab like golems, dragons, .. and demons probably too.

~King of Thieves~

Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:11 am
Minor Diety

Hehehe, rushing ALWAYS is the best tactic,ask BJ and Inqui. ;) (was just kidding ofcourse, running is best tactic, not rushing :) ) But in IWD yeah, all the buffing spells stacked, so if you casted heal; prayer; haste, wrath of the righteous (i think) and other optional buffing spells your main fighters could RIP through hordes of enemies. But in the last fight that didn't work too wel for some bizarre reason. Ah well, whooped him in the end anyhoo. :)

- Coach

Wed Jul 30, 2003 4:38 pm
King

Wasn`t it like that in bg2 too? not sure.

however it should be normal. some creatures are immune to backstab like golems, dragons, .. and demons probably too.

Might be just that boss though

Wed Aug 06, 2003 4:38 am
Minor Diety

Hey, I'm just about to go in and complete the game, hopefully tonight! lol, just back in Easthaven, about to enter the Ice Tower. Those golems I first found were impossible in Malavons place, but I managed to kill Malavon before he set them on me by sending a death spell in. ok so all the lil dwarves got killed but you know...then I 'disintegrated' all the umber hulks, summoned a death swarm or whatever it's called and they took out the golems no trouble! hehe. And ooh, i bought Iwd2 as well now lol :D

but i gotta agree with the 'easiness'. up til you meet Yxonemei I was having no trouble. She was a bitch! lol. In the end I managed it by some 'cheating' lol, which basically involved managing to get locked OUT of her room, with her, bash her up as much as possible, run til i could quick save, then load, replacing dead chars with imported ones that were identical :oops: and do this about 3 times. what? it worked! lol. but after that, tho I've found it slightly harder than the first half, I've still not really had any trouble with it. Only other place of 'difficulty' was the umber hulks that are after the dwarf village.

Is it just me or should Ettins/Giants/Cyclops take slightly more of a beating than they do?

Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:52 am
Profile WWW
King

Hey, I'm just about to go in and complete the game, hopefully tonight! lol, just back in Easthaven, about to enter the Ice Tower. Those golems I first found were impossible in Malavons place, but I managed to kill Malavon before he set them on me by sending a death spell in. ok so all the lil dwarves got killed but you know...then I 'disintegrated' all the umber hulks, summoned a death swarm or whatever it's called and they took out the golems no trouble! hehe. And ooh, i bought Iwd2 as well now lol :D

but i gotta agree with the 'easiness'. up til you meet Yxonemei I was having no trouble. She was a bitch! lol. In the end I managed it by some 'cheating' lol, which basically involved managing to get locked OUT of her room, with her, bash her up as much as possible, run til i could quick save, then load, replacing dead chars with imported ones that were identical :oops: and do this about 3 times. what? it worked! lol. but after that, tho I've found it slightly harder than the first half, I've still not really had any trouble with it. Only other place of 'difficulty' was the umber hulks that are after the dwarf village.

Is it just me or should Ettins/Giants/Cyclops take slightly more of a beating than they do?

I think, that I lucked with her, I thought I might have done some area effect spells cna't remember now

Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:50 am
Minor Diety

lol nice. took me bloody ages with her. stupid locking the door thing *kicks Yxonemei*

Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:47 am
Profile WWW
King

lol nice. took me bloody ages with her. stupid locking the door thing *kicks Yxonemei*

Enough fireballs kills most things

Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]