It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
NWN II Coop 
Minor Diety

Yeah, he's on a mighty 8 hour seaward voyage to Finland. Which sounds fucking cool. So wanna be there.

Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:37 am
Felix Rex

Wow, really? That sounds awesome. I'd totally do it.

Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:32 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Quote:
Peltz: mm i cant see any servers
Rinox: me neither
Peltz: rather dont
Derfmeister: whos making one?
Rinox: LOL
Peltz: brilliant
Rinox: I thought you were :D
Peltz: instant quote of the year
Derfmeister: HULK SMASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rinox: because you're the main

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:23 am
Stranger

After some troubles we got the game going. Apparently Ox has some additional protection from his router or isp so he had some trouble connecting to derfs server. Finally somehow before giving up he managed to pull off a bet win from derf for 1 million of something, which we later agreed on was 1 million virtual kicks to oxs groin area.

Anyway, i really loved it when ox pulled off a dialogue option of "I think your wounds are too deep [slit his throat]" hehehe. The short time we spent playing was much fun, especially since Derf picked the drow race and has 5hp which means that after first hit Derf is out cold on the floor (level adjustment +2).

As for the finland trip, i'll try to post some pictures in the picture topic.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:57 am
Minor Diety

Haha, yeah, after 30 minutes of pure fail trying to connect over LAN, intarweb and direct connection we made a last ditch attempt with Derf saying "I'd bet 1 million that this isn't going to work out either" and BANG, I connected. :lol:

And yeah @ slitting throats, Peltz was all "Ok don't let Ox talk to anyone". :roll: Probably not a bad rule of thumb. Did you notice my response to the lizard people doing the ceremony btw? I walked in first so they adressed me. "Thanks for opening the door. Now you die." :twisted:

Derf is going to seriously pwn later on as a Drow sorcerer, but yeah, for now he's as weak as a kitten. I've got 10 times his HP. :roll: I had fun guys, and sorry for attacking your targets sometimes Peltz. I get carried away. :)

Still wonder about a few things tho: can me and Peltz pause? Is gold shared by the entire party or does everyone only have access to the gold he picks up? I'm predicting Derf will hog all the cash and cool items. Otoh...you'll have to give me a lot of the fancy heavier stuff (weapons, armor) anyway to carry to town. Peltz can identify them first. :P

- Coach

Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:05 am
Stranger

I had fun guys, and sorry for attacking your targets sometimes Peltz.

Heh ox, that was just friendly poking. Later on we are supposed to concentrate on the same targets or we are cooked. These low-level-yellow-bellied-sons-a-bitches are worm food anyway.

Quote:
Can me and Peltz pause?

Yes

Quote:
Is gold shared by the entire party or does everyone only have access to the gold he picks up?

Im guessing it is shared.

Quote:
I'm predicting Derf will hog all the cash and cool items.

Well luckily the game is not too heavy on items, even a warrior with a normal staff is quite dangerous. And derf will share or we gonna go ahead with the dialogue :D

Quote:
Peltz can identify them first.

Yes

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:06 am
Minor Diety

Well, I would a adopt a "grab-what-you-can" looting policy. Just make sure to hand over items to the right player. E.g. If I find an Axe +5 i'll make sure to hand it to Ox. Oh and when we plan to sell our leftover shit, hand it to me so i can get a better price.

As for dialogue, i'm not too fussed. Yes, I have godlike charisma but only because i'm a sorcy. In this game, I don't think its entirely necessary to have a true leader that speaks to absolutely everyone. Kinda like how theres no need for Rangers really. (One day, there will be a game that empowers Rangers, god dammit)

Yes, thankyou ox for slitting that persons throat....

Anyway, I was fairly pissed off during that session given we were failing miserably to start. It kinda killed the mood for me, so i'm treating our next session as our first. That, and I was getting pissed off over the interface and graphics. I ramped the graphics to maximum, yet I was getting choppage in-game, and given the game looks like a bag of crap on max, medium only looked worse. Again, this is where my "3D is the doom of video games" philosophy comes in. Yes, you can rotate the camera, but fuck me do all the textures look like garbage. Bring back 2D I say, where the developers hired artists to HAND DRAW the graphics and actually put effort into it and actually made stuff look like ... stuff.

As for my kitten, yeah, he's so shit right now. I'm doing more damage with my shortbow than with my spells. Ah well, not actually that bothered.

Oh, and I think next game I will activate my mic. It was an utter pain in the ass chatting over that godawful interface. Lol, there are like 8 million tables, icons and boxes. Usability fail.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:02 am
Minor Diety

haha, you always succeed in making something annoying sound like it's the biggest obstacle in the entire universe man. :wink: But true, the written speech gets easily lost in the rest of the dialogue stuff. I'd get a mic if I wasn't surrounded by people who'd look up strange if I started speaking English to myself. :roll:

And yeah, the NWN2 camera is pretty shit. Zooming in and out is ok, but rotating...ugh.

Also, that guy who I murdered: if you'd gone through the tutorial you'd have know what an asshole he was. :P He and his brothers used to beat up your little Drow all the time!! It was payback time. And if it had been up to me we would have killed a few more people along the way. :twisted:

- Coach

Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:25 am
Stranger

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:50 am
Minor Diety

Probably not...gonna go for a drink after work. Maybe tomorrow? Thursday would be good too.

- Coach

Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:54 am
Stranger

Kinda like how theres no need for Rangers really. (One day, there will be a game that empowers Rangers, god dammit)

Actually Rangers need some planning. Im planning to test a ranger/blackguard build. With the Motb expansion pure rangers get 6 main hand attack and 6 offhand attacks per round so they are not that useless, afterall Drizzt Do'Urden pwnt everyone in BG1.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:08 am
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!

How was it?

Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:22 am
Minor Diety

Oh we didn't do anything yesterday, I was out. I'm guessing we could play today or tomorrow?

You could still join BJ, you'd just limp behind a level or 2-3 ;) (I don't think the game compensates for XP when a new character joins the party, but could be wrong).

Otoh, every extra person in the deal is making it harder to start a game, and while me, Derf and Peltz have (relatively speaking) plenty of time, I don't know what your timeframe looks like? With family and all. :)

(oh and rangers and paladins are not such a good idea with me in the party Peltz, because we may very well shift to evil or neutral :roll: It's not as bad in BG2 where you could attack 'neutral' NPC's and force them hostile. BJ will remember me tearing through the Temple of Lathandar priests and guards, with Inquisitor telling me off - he was lawful good :lol: )

- Coach

Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:46 am
Stranger

Theres no alignment restriction on rangers in NWN2. They can be off any alignment.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:55 am
Minor Diety

- Coach

Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next