It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Alpha Protocol 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Alpha Protocol
Yeah, without pistols and a massive investment in toughness, I can see the final battle becoming a bitch. :roll: I guess the game is a lot more inviting/enjoyable with actual proper mouse support. :/d

- Coach

Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:34 am
Felix Rex

I'll see how it goes. I do have high toughness, so the shield thing + sniper + fixing the mouse problems should make it not too difficult. I finished most of Taipei and most of Moscow, haven't touched Rome yet.

This time I'm following MI22 again, but last time I kinda let Albatross die in Moscow. this time I'll save him. I'm interested to see where, if anywhere, the Sis thing goes. She's actually an interesting character and makes for some interesting conversations. I'm hoping that keeping Albatross alive opens up more of her story. A mute handler would be kinda pointless though. :roll:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:24 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

How does she even communicate? Writes on a piece of paper? Does Mike Thornton know sign language? :P I thought she was a mute.

- Coach

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:30 am
Felix Rex

lol, yea, she is a mute. But if you spare her life, she gives you something, and then you can use that in a later conversation with her and Albatross to increase her opinion of you significantly. I think she's somewhere around +6 with me now. Hence why I'm curious if that story will play out more.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:49 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

5 bucks says the thought "I've never done it with a mute girl before" crossed your mind by now.

- Coach

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:51 am
Felix Rex

Well, yea, she's kinda cute... and underage.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:57 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

You're saying that like they're mutually exclusive. :P Kidding.

Although, one could argue that if she's old enough to be a stone cold undercover killer she's old enough to date Mike Thornton. :roll:

- Coach

Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:57 am
Felix Rex

Lol...funny you should call him Thornton. It's Thorton, but the douche guy at Alpha signs one of your certificates as Thornton.

BTW, I found out in this game that if you speak the right way to Brayko (final Moscow mission), you actually unlock another mission. Turns out Surkov (the guy you rescue from the embassy) is the mastermind, so you murder his peeps and corner him. You may even get to fight Championchik if you choose the right options... I did not, but I'm not being a douche this game. :roll:

Some pics:

If you agree to let Brayko live in exchange for giving you stuff, in addition to money, you get some cool stuff to bling out your Moscow apartment.
Attachment:
party_gear_from_brayko2.jpg
Attachment:
party_gear_from_brayko.jpg

When your technical skill is at 0, circuit minigames like this are standard
Attachment:
circuit_minigame_with_crappy_skills.jpg

This is a pic of my douchebag character
Attachment:
douchebag_satis.jpg

And here's a pic of Grigori the informant after I beat his ass against the bar and broke a vodka bottle over his head. :D
Attachment:
grigori_beatdown.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:12 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Lol @ the douchebag pic. That's classic. :p

I know about Brayko, Surkhov and Championchick. I'm not sure how I managed to get through enough conversation options to find out, but I did. :roll: I actualyl fought Championchick. The funny thing is, he comes at you with his massive fists and you're (by default) in unarmed mode when the fight starts...but of course you can still use your other weapons. So basically, about 20 seconds into the fight I whipped out my assault shotgun and fired 5 point blank blasts at him, and over and over. :P

Who brings an olympic medal to a funfight anyway eh?

P.S. who'd have thought coke had such magical healing properties? (brayko fight) ;) Tough fight btw.

- Coach

Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:41 am
Felix Rex

The brayko fight was really difficult for me on my first playthrough, where I specialized in assault rifles. With pistols, it was just chainshot to the head and over. With submachineguns, I waited till he ran out of breath, then ran up and emptied both submachineguns into him and that was the end. *shrug*

Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:03 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

I completed AP for the third (and final) time a few days ago. It's a good game, actually... I really enjoyed it. This final time, I let Saheed live, told him I'd betray America :roll: , agreed to join Halbech, freed Scarlet, shot Mina in the head, betrayed the Halbech guy at the end, and sailed off into the sunset with Scarlet. Good times. I played the veteran route. Pics of skills and crap below.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:40 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

What does veteran add except that cool beret? :P

Oh and btw you have to fight the black guy without agreeing to join Halbech too, in some scenarious. At least I had to. Silly question...is there any conversation when Sis rescues you? Like, she shows you a note? :roll: I'm guessing it wasn't as steamy as Sie rescueing you (incidentally the only person that actualyl liked my douche character, since she loves it when you talk though and trash).

- Coach

Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:55 am
Felix Rex

Nope, Sis doesn't say anything. I'm also curious if she would've shown up again if I'd told Scarlet to screw off. Not sure. Not gonna find out. I'm done with this particular game. And yea, the Sie ending was pretty hard core. Didn't know that you could fight whats-his-name without joining Halbech. This game's a lot more complex than it initially appears to be. Too bad it did poorly... I'd love to see a sequel.

Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:01 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I doubt you can get it on with Sis. Somehow I can see the pressure groups getting up in arms about an 18-yr old mute assassin sex toy girl. :roll:

- Coach

Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:48 am
Felix Rex

lol, no, that's not what I meant. There's a part where you have to either go after Min, or you meet up with *someone* that's helping you and is under a lot of fire. When you ally with Scarlet, it's her. It was Sie in another game of mine, and Heck in my first game. I'm just curious if I iced Scarlet if the person would've been Sis. *shrug*

Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:18 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3