It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Obsidian/Bethesda working on new Fallout title, "New Ve 
Minor Diety

I have to agree with you there Satis! The amount of people on-line that spend 40 seconds between games of CoD giving me trash talk, 20 minutes in a game getting owned, and the 2 seconds disconnecting from the lobby at the end of the game must be in it's hundreds by now!

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:25 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Gamers-Play ... -5765.html

Quote:
“I jump into a match (MAG for PS3)," explains Wired's Gus Mastrapa. "The chatter in my headset makes me feel like I just climbed onto a prison short bus in Mobile, Alabama. My knuckle-dragging squad mates drawl insults at each other, make fun of my handle and call everyone’s sexuality into question.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:07 am
Minor Diety

I stopped caring about losers I game against a long time ago...apart from the openly racist ones. But even then, whatcha gonna do? Argue with them?

I just ignore whining and bitching and play the game like I want to. Recently in TF2 there were some situations that were mildly annoying :

1) I was playing medic (only medic on a team of 15) and we get waltzed over. Couple of server regulars start saying it was all my fault that we lost, etc., prolly cause I didn't heal them often. I stayed civil and told them I can't heal EVERYONE all the time on a 15-man squad. They told me 'sure you can' and one guy got all 'whaaa'. I said 'Well, that's fine, I'll just pick another class to play then. Just as fun for me'. Result: no medic, team gets owned for the rest of the game. Good times.

2) Sniping at the final CP, an engi purposely dances in front of my scope, blocking my sights. Like 1-2 minutes long. I just acted as if he wasn't there. He gave up after a while. Like with most little kids, not giving them the attention they crave works wonders.

- Coach

Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:57 am
Minor Diety

http://nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=53751

It shows the command wheel for followers, with 8 commands: toggle melee/ranged, open inventory, toggle stay close/keep distance, back up, toggle aggressive/passive AI, use stimpack, toggle wait here/follow me, return to normal dialogue.

Scripting is wittier, characters more distinct. Example from vigour test word association: mother-human shield.

Opening inventory consists of a kit from the doc, adapted to your starting stats (like Fallout 1).

The Nevada area is less affected by the nuclear war, so it has plant life, relatively unspoiled houses, and in visual presentation has saturated colours and a bright sky.

There's a tutorial (led by a character named Sunny who looks a lot like Moira Brown), but unlike Fallout 3, it's optional, so you can hit the open game in 5 minutes from starting.

NCR and Caesar's Legion are the confirmed faction, article assumes Brotherhood of Steel will be in but they weren't not mentioned in the presentation.

"In New Vegas it's all about the player examining the ideologies of the various groups that are controlling the area and supporting one over the others," explains Sawyer. "Each of the ideologies will have something good that you can relate to, but will also have massive flaws."

When asked about PS3's Fallout 3 being inferior to the others and if New Vegas will do better, Obsidian devs make no promises but indicate it was a learning process and they're working with all 3 platforms and all have problems.

The New Vegas strip is still in construction but will have gambling, variety shows and concerts.

Electrical power is key in the faction struggle.

Radiation is still a problem, there's a nuclear test site to explore north of New Vegas.

The soundtrack will blend "Rat Pack style tunes with more Western numbers".

New Vegas doesn't tell a single-player story, but weaves decision into the gameworld and gives you greater power to influence things than Fallout 3 did.

On top of adding back in geckos, New Vegas has a whole new type of animal: mutated mountain rams called Big Horners.

- Coach

Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:22 am
Stranger

Sounds nice. F3 was a bit too much Elder scrolls for my liking so i'll take the buggier and juicier Obsidian product over the sterile Bethesda one.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:08 am
Minor Diety

True. Fallout 3 was still a great game, for all its flaws, so I'm very curious to see what Obsidian can do with it. More news pouring in:

* The Brotherhood of Steel will make an appearance, but won't be one of the main factions, unlike the New California Republic and the Caesar's Legion

* The Pip-Boy in the game is the Pip-Boy 3000 from Fallout 3

* Customization - Scopes on pistols is one example. It also affects the guns performance, add a large magazine to a weapon, and you'll notice longer, but fewer reloading times.

* The reputation will be important to the ending

* Nightkin have been turned schizophrenic through prolonged use of Stealth Boys, they deactivate their camo before attacking you, with a club. You can only target them in VATS when there visible.

* Poseidon Energy was developing a solar weapon called Archimedes II. The plant is currently controlled by NCR, and they've placed a guy named Fantastic in charge of the plant, he hasn't figured out how to activate the plant or the weapon yet. But, if you're good enough, then you can. You can divert power to the wastes, or use the weapon for your own ends.

* SPECIAL descriptions are back: If you have 1 Endurance, your Endurance description is 'Basically Dead' and with 10 Charisma you are 'Cult Leader'.

- Coach

Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:12 am
Felix Rex

Post Re: Obsidian/Bethesda working on new Fallout title, "New Ve
Here's a USA Today article on the game.

http://www.usatoday.com/printedition/li ... st.art.htm

Quote:
The mystery is, who are you in this nuclear wasteland?

At the outset of the game, your character is shot and left in a shallow grave in the desert, lifted of the package you were entrusted with delivering. A robot digs you out and takes you to a local caregiver, Doc Mitchell, who nurses you back to health.

"Unlike the previous Fallouts, where you start in a vault and you are a vault dweller, this one starts with a curveball," says Pete Hines of Bethesda Softworks.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:05 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

That explains the robot searching the graveyard/sand outside of Vegas in the trailer, I suppose. That and the mob's habit to bury people in the desert, heh. Coolio.

- Coach

Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:23 am
Minor Diety

Post Re:
Rinox wrote:
* Nightkin have been turned schizophrenic through prolonged use of Stealth Boys, they deactivate their camo before attacking you, with a club. You can only target them in VATS when there visible.

Rofl!!!11!!1! This is for lolling at me in the other thread, even though there is a 90% chance you didn't originally type this out I still laugh!
;)

Rock Band [35%]

Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:41 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

haha...silly English degree holders and they're inability to use English. Oh, I'm sorry, I mean 'there inability'. :wink:

Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:31 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

haha you bastards! That was a copy-paste from some forum somewhere :P I altered a few things in there (their? :P) but that typo isn't mine. :roll:

- Coach

Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:54 am
Minor Diety

They're is no way for you to prove this!

Their can be only one correct way to use there language!

Ok I'm done. So, this game looks like it should be pretty good. I'm looking forward to see if there are going to be any major engine improvements!

Rock Band [35%]

Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:34 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

You're right, I forgot where I copy-pasted the damn thing from! RAAAGH!

I did find the Nightkin snippet with the same spelling error on another board somewhere...

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/fal ... pid=959557

Not that it matters, since you guys will say I copied it off there in the first place, or that I'm that poster. :roll: :P

- Coach

Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:46 am
Felix Rex

You post on other forums? You cheat!

Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:41 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I didn't think we were in an exclusive relationship! I mean, I thought it was you who gave me syphilis...

- Coach

Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next