It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
The Secret World 
Minor Diety

Post The Secret World
An in-development MMORPG from Funcom (Anarchy Online, Age of Conan) focusing on legends, conspiracies and mysteries. They're quietly working on it, but they should make an announcement later this year. There hasn't been too much info around but the things I did see were pretty neat - both in terms of ideas and artwork.

Some info

http://www.funcom.com/wsp/funcom/fronte ... nc_id=1204

The website just links to the forums so not much there yet, but it's

http://www.darkdaysarecoming.com/

art and shit

- Coach

Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:05 am
Minor Diety

looks good, but all concept art does

Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:47 pm
Minor Diety

If Funcom are working on it, I won't be touching this. No matter how amazing it is. Bunch of rip off merchants if ever I met any

Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:50 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Yea, hate to say it, but Age of Conan kinda soured me to Funcom. Such potential and they just pissed it away. Them and Sony should get together, have some herpes-ridden sex and share the same dark, dank tomb to spend eternity together.

With any luck, Sony will die soon. :twisted:

Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:02 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol. I see you all carry much love for this project. :P

It'll probably crahs and burn like any RPG that isn't WoW, GW or Eve, but you never know. The premise is interesting, at least. And how many RPG's are set in modern times anyway? I mean, in a non-fantasy past, non-scifi future world. We'll see.

- Coach

Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:09 am
Minor Diety

Hey when a company tries to tell you a sealed product has been used, then I'm not trusting them with my money no matter how damn good the game might be! At least Sony let you play their broken, destroyed games! Not that I'd want to... hehe.

*joins Satis and starts waving pitchforks*

Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:24 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol @ Pev playing The Sims 2! ;) (from Xfire profile signature)

*has played it too, but would never admit to it*

- Coach

Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:53 am
Felix Rex

Heh...I played the Sims until I got bored of it. The Sims 3 is on the horizon soon. Ox, better put on your Hannah Montana shirt and camp outside the Maxis headquarters until it comes out. Or something.

There seems to be a dearth of good games coming out. The above I could care less about (I think that's been made pretty abundantly clear). I think Kotor, Dragon Age and Empire: total war are about it.

Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:28 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah well sometimes I get the desire to control peoples lives :P I don't pay EA for this privilege and I get bored so shut it Ox! *makes Ox sim and kills it*

Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:26 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

builds pool, lets Ox sim get into pool, removes pool ladder, watches Ox-sim swim around until it gets exhausted and drowns.

Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:48 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol. I make out the hand of an experienced sim torturer in that suggestion. :P

Another fun thing to do was to 'wall in' a sim with 4 stereo systems (surrounded by fences so they can't turn them off) and have them go full blast, non-stop. After a while they'd go crazy and start crying and huddle up into a miserable little ball. :)

Sometimes I'd set up a sim for an 'accident' because I didn't want to really kill them but see how long it would take for them to do something stupid and kill themselves. Stuff like buying nothing but low-grade cheap electronics and appliances and then never repairing them and have the sim with the lowest tech/cooking ration use it. Oh and ovens, and fireplaces. I had a room full of fireplaces and no fire alarms/extinguishers.

My own character miraculously got out of the inferno because he was in the hot tub at the time, and there was some glitchorama that it couldn't catch fire as long as someone was in it. So while the entire house burned down around him, my char was enjoying the triple water jet. :roll:

- Coach

Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:01 am
Minor Diety

Rofl sounds exactly like something you would do "Hmmm seems warm today... I'll just stay here in this water"

Ooh could be a fun new form of torture. Boiled sim!

Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:13 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

hmmm.....that's not a bad idea. Sim-Torture. I may have to code up a torture game when I finally acquire the skills. :twisted:

Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:13 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]