It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Drakensang 
Minor Diety

Post Drakensang
Drakensang is an RPG game that has had mad sales in Germany (where it was developed) and is now being offered to the rest of the world with an English translation. Demo is out:

http://www.gamershell.com/download_36990.shtml

http://www.drakensang.com/

- Coach

Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:57 am
Stranger

I gave the demo a spin. It's a solid game. I will wait with the full game though, once they iron out the bugs and animations.

EDIT: And the music is quite good actually, well atleast the ones that play on the webpage.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:13 pm
Minor Diety

Dammit stop posting interesting new games!

Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:43 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

it's German, it can't be all bad. :roll: Screenies look pretty.

Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:29 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

To Ox: Im pretty sure im at the end. The story has unvieled its twist and turns and i will face my nemesis soon enough.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:31 am
Stranger

Well its over. Overall its a very well done game, alot of effort and work has been put into it. It was definitely (difficult word) worth the money (unless you get it from steam which waaaaaaaaa...aaay too expensive). While it will never rival the BG or IWD series, it holds its own against the NWN series.

There is only one epic fight though, its against the mother razinsky. Its a complex, tricky and fantastic fight. The others leave a bit lacking.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:39 am
Stranger

There is one more thing id like to point out, the feeling i couldn't shake the entire game. Its the engine.

During the whole game i had a feeling like i was playing a MMO. While the visuals are great, the animations well done, its the lack of variety and lack of life which gives it a distinct MMO feel. A bit more work could have been done to bring the world alive.

To this day in my opinion the gothic series is nr1 in this regard. While that game is buggy as hell, the game world has a very alive feeling, something that many other rpgs fail at.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:59 am
Minor Diety

What do you mean MMORPG interface/engine? Kinda like NWN2? I always had a similar feeling with it, even if it wasn't a bad game by any means.

- Coach

Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:48 pm
Stranger

Well other than the mindless drones who move around withing ferdok, not much action going on outside the city. Within the city limits, there are couple of workers who carry boxes but thats it. when a citizen stops at a stall they execute an activity but there is no sound, no text, they just wiggle their hands and thats it.

It gives a certain MMO'ish feeling. I kinda expect more from a single player game.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]