It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
Star Wars: The Old Republic 
Felix Rex

Post Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic
So, I had today off and just played my Jedi knight like a crazy person last night and today. I've specialized her into a sentinel. Definitely digging the game. Just hit level 15 recently... looking forward to tearing up some more bastards on Coruscant in the near future.

Most missions are easily doable solo... the exceptions are heroic missions and flashpoints. Heroics are just like regular missions but harder, with good loot. A flashpoint is a much more in-depth mission that tends to be quite long, has quite a bit of story with it, and rewards some very good loot. Groups are typically very easy to find.

Only negative is that in the evening, there tends to be a queue for our server (and many others). This game is VERY popular, and it hasn't even released yet. O.o

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:04 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:47 pm
Felix Rex

lol. Still digging the game. Now my jedi sentinel is level 23 and my smuggler gunslinger is level 16. My jedi has her ship. The space combat is actually fun... it's an on-rails, single player shooter type thing, which you would think would be kinda lame... but it's actually not. Surprisingly, it's quite fun. Looking forward to what this game has on offer at higher levels. I get my first speed at level 25... need to save up cash so I can pay for the training. :roll:

Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:43 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

How about the huge waiting lines I keep hearing about 2-4 hours on some overpopulated servers?

And apparentl the game has been taken offline for all European players today til midnight. For server maintenance. :roll:Pretty big fail. Still, if this wasn't monthly fee and/or I wasn't unemployed I'd be all over it.

- Coach

Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:07 am
Felix Rex

hehe... pre-launch, there were lines over an hour long on my server. Post-launch, they increased server caps (I believe), but there are still queues. I haven't seen it go over about 20 minutes, I think. Not that it's ok or anything, but I can live with it. Still digging the came.

BTW, my Jedi has been on Taris... that planet figures majorly in KOTOR. In fact, it kinda gets obliterated by the Sith fleet. Since this game is set 300 years later, there's a bunch of references to Revan and Malik and you can do all kinda of quests generally related to KOTOR. Good stuff.

Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:17 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:41 am
Minor Diety

Naturally, this made me think of Satis

- Coach

Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:44 am
Felix Rex

hehe. I lub SWTOR! My Jedi is now level 33, my Gunslinger is level 29, and I have a sith force user that's level 9. The last one is so I can play with shiny's brother, who we convinced to pick up the game as well. I love being evil.

As far as lightsight/darkside, my Jedi is light. My gunslinger and sith are both evil. EVIL! And man it's fun. I actually got to torture people as a sith. It was MARVELOUS.

Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:10 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Did you notice anything about the aggressive bans/warnings yet? Like people being warned for using swearwords in private chat (whispers)?

- Coach

Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:23 pm
Count

No but it seems that the spam is little to none. It is awesome. Hell I reported someone for randomly sending me a guild invite after spamming it in general chat. That irritates me - if I didn't ask for it then leave me alone.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:31 pm
Felix Rex

Yea, spam levels are very low. I've heard that there are auto-ban hammers, but don't know for sure.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:32 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Well, it seems my email is on some scam central mailing list. They keep trying to get access to accounts for games i don't even have. Latest in the list is SW TOR.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:27 am
Minor Diety

Haha, your companion looks like he could break you like a twig. :P I heard that you can torture some of your companions as a Sith, that true?

lol @ Peltz and his scam mails. First there's the games missing from Steam, now this...looks like Estonia isn't the best place to game ;)

- Coach

Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:55 pm
Felix Rex

Yes, you can torture some of your companions. As for my big ass companion, in order to gain him I had to defeat him in combat. :mrgreen:

Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:04 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Question: did you get free playtime together with the purchase of the game? I checked the Origin website and it offers the Collector's Edition which comes with some items and a 2-month playtime card, and the regular edition with the 2-month playtime card as a 'recommended purchase'. Can't seem to find info on how much game time is included in the game purchase itself on the website, so naturally I'm suspicious about it. :roll:

- Coach

Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next