It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next
Star Wars: The Old Republic 
Felix Rex

Post Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic
You automatically get a free 30 days, but you have to either register a credit card or buy a gametime card and use it before you can play. That's honestly pretty standard stuff for an MMO, though I don't really agree with it.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:15 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Mm. So basically you get 30 days for free but only if you buy two months from the bat yourself?

- Coach

Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:43 am
Stranger

No, the 55€ purchase price includes 30day access regardless of anything. That time will start ticking the moment you register the key with your account. Its not free time. You pay for it with the initial purchase. The 60 day prepaid time card costs around 25€ and is basically the same price as if billed from a credit card. So no, you don't get any free time at all but if you subscribe for half a year you save a few €. There is nothing free with EA, well besides giving them your soul that is.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:38 pm
Felix Rex

Yea, what Peltz said. You're not buying the game for $60. You're buying the game for $45 plus another $15 for the first month's game time. But you're required to register a credit card so when the first 30 days is up, they can automatically bill you for the next month. However, you can cancel your subscription at any time up to day 30 and not get charged. Your account will just get suspended after the first 30 days. And yes, you can cancel your account 5 days into your first month but continue to play the remaining 25 days. At least usually. I haven't cancelled with this game, so I can't say for certain, but every other MMO I've ever played was like that.

Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:26 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Its exactly like that, I read the faq when I was researching my answer.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:57 am
Minor Diety

I see. How's your experience dealing with Origin so far btw?

Even though I'm tempted, I'm not gonna buy the game (yet). My unemployment fee took a considerable dive this month, so I shouldn't be spending crazy money right now.

- Coach

Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:48 pm
Stranger

Its crap but manageable.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:58 am
Felix Rex

I'm not really sure what qualifies as Origin. You have to register an account on swtor.com and register your game serial number so you can manage your subscriptions and passwords and all that crap. It also gives you an account for their forums. I think that's Origin. But after a one-time setup there you don't really have to go back... after that you just log into the game client and roll. It's not any different than every other modern MMO. The website's ok. Nothing awesome, but not bad either.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:46 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Some screenshots of Hoth.
Attachment:
Screenshot_2012-01-19_20_40_24_247506.jpg

Attachment:
Screenshot_2012-01-19_20_40_43_091583.jpg

And a pic of my jedi stripped naked and dancing.
Attachment:
Screenshot_2012-01-10_18_17_16_921875.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:49 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

It was only a matter of time before we saw that last pic. :P

- Coach

Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:59 am
Felix Rex

well, duh. If I had the social level, I'd have her wearing a slave girl outfit. Yes, you can buy one, and it's fully mod-able so you can make it perfectly usable in combat (any level). My other character has much higher social skill (since I'm always in group with Shiny) and all the females in his group have it. Even the ones that look horrible in it. *shudder*

Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:49 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Haha, Hutt slave girls? :P

- Coach

Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:51 am
Felix Rex

Yeppers.

A drawback on these social outfits (like the slave girl outfit) are that they're all light armor. So anyone can wear it, but if you can wear medium or heavy armor, it's a stupid idea. Which sucks. Guess the slave outfit goes in the closet.

Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:00 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

To be fair though, would you really have accepted it if something that is basically a bikini would classify as anything else than light armor? :roll:

- Coach

Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:19 am
Stranger

That outfit is no armour, perhaps a weapon but not a darn armour.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next