It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Star Wars: The Old Republic 
Stranger

Post Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic
Sounds good, well bad, I mean bad :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:05 pm
Felix Rex

ok, just got an email from EA that says I can invite up to 3 people for a free 7 day trial. I'm sure Shiny got the same mail. So... who wants an invite? Be advised that the invite is only good for 2 weeks once it's sent.

Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:26 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Ill take one.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:09 pm
Felix Rex

Sent. See you in a better galaxy!

Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:57 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I'll have one of those, good sir. :P

- Coach

Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:33 am
Felix Rex

Sent.

As a reminder, my server is Corellian Run. I have characters on both Republic and Empire side, though I have a level 1 empire character.

When you choose a faction, you'll have 4 choices for class. Two classes each start on different planets for the first ~10 levels. After that, all classes play together.

For Republic
- force users start on Tython
- Troopers and Smugglers start on Ord Mantell

For Empire
- force users start on Korriban
- Bounty Hunters and Imperial Agents start on Hutta

So, if you're going to play together, I highly recommend you choose classes that start on the same planet. :)

My level 1 empire character is an Imperial Agent, just fyi.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:31 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Mm, I was planning to play as a Republican Trooper but I'll go Sith instead, so we can roll with your character too instead of just tagging along to a massively high level one. :P

Since Imperial Agent and Bounty Hunter don't really seem my style I may go force user. Or maybe Bounty hunter will make for a decent tank, I dunno. I'll make up my mind during character creation. ;)

Thanks for the invite btw! Downloading right now.

- Coach

Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:46 am
Stranger

I got it patched but will launch it on Friday I think. Got some annoying things to do like organizing my birthday dinner etc.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:47 am
Minor Diety

I may hold out until then Peltz (actually til Sunday then, since I'm busy all day Saturday) Would be more fun to have people to play with, of course.

- Coach

Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:49 am
Felix Rex

Playing with friends is definitely recommended. Some things I read seem to imply you're limited to the starting planets, though that seems curious. I can finish the starting planet in a few hours, much less a week. Anyway, create whatever character you want. I haven't hit a character cap yet, so I can easily create a character to play along with you. Republic is almost better for me, since I already have two level 50s on that side. That means I can supply cash and equipment pretty easily, for instance.

Doesn't matter to me, though. Do whatever you want.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:27 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

http://www.swtor.com/info/faq/game

What restrictions, if any, will be placed on my friend’s seven (7) day free trial account?

The following restrictions will be placed on your friends account for the duration of the friend trial:

A Friends Trial character cannot exceed level 15. The player will be notified via social center notifications and chat message once they have hit the maximum level for their trial experience.

A Friends Trial character will only be able to play on their Origin World, Capital World, at the Fleet, a Warzone, and in their first Flashpoint. A message box will appear if a Friends Trial character attempts to go outside these areas.

A Friends Trial character will not be able to use general chat, trade chat, or PvP chat. The character will only be able to use local chat, group chat, guild chat, whisper and responses to whispers.

A Friends Trial character will not be able to send or reply to mail from other trial characters. However, your character will be able to receive in-game mail during the trial.

A Friends Trial character will not be able to us the Galactic Trade Network or trade with other players.

A Friends Trial character will only be able to level their Crew Skills ranking to 40.

A Friends Trial character will never gain Legacy XP. The Legacy system allows player to share high-level abilities among different characters on the same account.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:49 pm
Stranger

It looks like they went really all out on trying to make life difficult for gold farmers and such who would take advantage of this.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:52 pm
Felix Rex

yea, looks like it. I must say that the spam problems in this game are pretty minor. I've gotten maybe a total of 5 spam tells/whispers and 2-3 spam in-game mails. That's nothing compared to game like Rift and stuff. Sorry for the limitations, but if it means less/no spam, I'm ok with it. :)

Besides, it'll still give you guys a good taste. The game does change as you level... at level 15ish you get your personal starship, which opens the galaxy... but it looks like you won't be able to experience that. You also will only pick up one companion in that level frame. Eventually, you get a total of 5 (I think).

Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:37 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Ox, what time?

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:43 pm
Minor Diety

Let's say 6 (CET)? You can start already if you want of course, we may not be playing much together-together anyway depending on what class we pick or planet we start on. And the half day or few hours won't change much. ;)

- Coach

Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next