It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next
Star Wars: The Old Republic 
Stranger

Post Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic
The pistols look ridiculous. Otherwise seems like a nice class to play.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:15 pm
Minor Diety

No reduced price for the game (like WoW these days, where the client is cheap or free and the subscription is where they make money). :( Full AAA title price, plus monthly fees. Not too happy with that tbh. GW2 looking a lot better suddenly.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/07 ... re-orders/

- Coach

Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:45 am
Felix Rex

you do realize that all MMOs charge money when they first come out, right? It's only after they've been out for a long time that they start giving away the client for free. It's how they recoup a big chunk of the development cost.

I came here to post about the preorders being up, but damnit, you beat me to it. There're 3 versions... regular, digital download (from Origin only... ugh), and the collector's edition. The CE is $150. :twisted: But it comes with a ton of shit.

Here's the preorder page:
http://www.swtor.com/preorder

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™Collector's Edition

Pre-Order Exclusive: (all preorders get this, but there's only a limited number of slots open)
Early Game access
Color Stone (virtual item) (changes color of your lightsaber or blaster bolts)

30 Days Game Time included

Limited Collector's Edition Includes:
Exclusive Gentle Giant Darth Malgus statue
Game disks collectible metal case
The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural as annotated by Satele Shan
The Old Republic galaxy map
Custom Security Authentication Key
Music of Star Wars: The Old Republic CD
High-quality Collector's Edition box

Includes 7 Additional Digital Items:
Flare Gun
Training Droid
HoloDancer
HoloCam (sounds like a screenshot utility)
STAP (it's a vehicle)
Exclusive Mouse Droid
Exclusive Collector's Edition Store (I believe this is an NPC you can buy shit from)

I preordered the CE from Amazon

Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:37 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

So, when I preordered my CE, Origin was already sold out. When I went to preorder one for Shiny, Amazon was sold out. So we went to Gamestop, but who knows if the listing they had was actually still available. The selling out thing is a bit weird for an MMO, but I read somewhere that they were trying to limit the number of people that can play initially. I'm pretty sure it's for server stability reasons. Most MMOs seem to just get bludgeoned to death the first few weeks, causing poor gameplay experience. Limiting the preorders to a set number is probably really smart.

I also signed up for beta tester. :twisted:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:44 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Lol. Man you're even more excited for this game than I imagined. Not that there's anything wrong with that. ;) :p

So did you manage to preorder 'for sure' or not? Didn't really get that from your post. Cause my preordering or not will be heavily dependent of who I have to play with.

That came out wrong...

- Coach

Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:08 am
Stranger

Anyone cares to do some research on cross continental play?

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:17 am
Count

OX yes, we both have pre-ordered the game although I have not yet gotten my preorder code to sign up for beta. I checked on it and it can take up to 24 hours from gamestop where we got my copy.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:41 am
Felix Rex

I definitely got my pre-order... Amazon emailed me the key and I registered on the SW:TOR website. Yea, still waiting on Shiny's key.

Peltz, regarding cross-continental play, I read somewhere that yes, that will be available. Some googling turned out no definitive answers on an official SW:TOR page... however, there are numerous posts of emails from customer service saying that there's no region locking.

Quote:
Greetings Humanoid,
I am Protocol Droid A0-T0, Human-Cyborg relations.
I have received your transmission.

This should not pose a problem for you in the future; we do not have any region restriction on the game itself only on where we supply retailers. You should be able to play your copy at launch without any issues.

If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Galactic support is our specialty...

Sincerely,
Protocol Droid A0-T0
SWTOR Customer Service

Does that means servers are universal? It's not a 100% answer to me... but it sounds like yes, probably.

An additional point in that direction is the fact the game's not launching in Aussie on time, but people that get their hands on a copy WILL be able to play. That lends support to the "universal server" idea... but... again....it's not 100%.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:10 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Mmm, if you guys are in I'll give it a shot. :) Not sure how hard/easy it'll be to get in the game with the limited initial playerbase - or if Belgium is included to begin with, but I'll have a look around.

- Coach

Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:32 pm
Felix Rex

Looks like amazon's back in stock, btw. I'm willing to bet the shit sold out a lot faster than Bioware/EA expected it to, so they decided to add servers and release more keys. My guess, at least. Supposedly there's a delayed release in parts of Europe, Australia and parts of Asia, or something, but I can't find any official mention of it. *shrug*

Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:27 am
Profile WWW
Count

Release Date: 12/20/2011 :) Yay.

Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:18 am
Minor Diety

Wow, that's closer than I thought! Thanks for the update Shiny.

- Coach

Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:49 am
Felix Rex

Interactive map:
http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/galaxy-map

Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:56 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Looks great...they got the music right too.

I'm thinking that if we play this game we should probably - "we" being any CKL folk who are going to play it - try to make sure we play it somewhat at the same time so we can all do the story mode together(ish) instead of with random retards and PUGs.

- Coach

Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:04 pm
Felix Rex

knowing how Shiny and I are, we probably would be best off having characters we play with you guys, and then our own. Because we're going to play the shit out of this game, whether or not you're around.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:41 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next