It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next
Star Wars: The Old Republic 
Felix Rex

Post Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic
Razer is releasing a keyboard, mouse and headset for KOTOR, themed to Star Wars (of course) and with interchangeable Sith/Jedi insignia and lots of hawtness.

ImageImageImage

A little redonk? Probably. But I'm seriously considering getting it. :twisted: The keyboard has a touch sensitive LCD on the right along with 10 keys that can dynamically change the images on them. to top it off, if you turn off the backlight, the english letters/designations aren't visible, leaving only Aurebesh characters. :D

Also, the LCD and stuff is supposed to somehow integrate into KOTOR:

Quote:
We just got our first glimpse of the new peripherals, and it sounds like Razer actually put some thought into the keyboard and headphones here -- while the mouse is just a jagged, Imperial-flavored wireless Naga MMO rodent, the headsets look fairly sweet, and Razer tells us their garish LED lighting apparently syncs with The Old Republic to throw signals on your shoulders to warn you of approaching enemies. Razer also has grand plans for that LCD-equipped keyboard, telling us those adaptive keys will automatically switch function based on signals from the game itself, and that multitouch LCD trackpad can display a variety of things and be used to program macros.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:51 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I was gonna make some remark about this making you a massive nerd, but then I looked at the jedi bathrobe hanging on my wall... :roll:

- Coach

Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:32 am
Minor Diety

Also, the intro for ToR revealed :D

- Coach

Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:56 am
Felix Rex

errr, didn't I post that like last page? :roll:

I love my Sith bathrobe. Shiny is jealous as hell.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:00 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Haha, I did think the first 3 minutes looked familiar. :roll: Pologies.

We should totally meet up in a public space in the States wearing our bath robes and start a light sabre fight....yeah ok maybe not. :lol:

Stupid question tho: isn't your robe too long? I mean I thought there was only one size, and mine comes to like an inch from the floor when i wear it, and i'm a little taller than you. Otoh, your house is probably 5 times as clean as mine, making a dragging hem not as much of an issue. :P

- Coach

Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:12 am
Felix Rex

Mine is very long... it does drag on the ground and the sleeves are long than my arms. but it's ok. :) As for dueling in public... it'd be cool to flash-crowd it. 2 people doing it... not so cool. 50 people doing it.... fucking epic.

btw, developer walkthrough of a mission on Tatooine.

This is actual gameplay, and it basically shows that TOR is standard MMO fair... but it's fucking star wars and has some really cool things. Not revolutionary, just evolutionary, but that's ok. I'm still excited. :)

Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:05 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Looks good enough, the bike looks like a mutated vacuum cleaner. The voice acting really helps a lot.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:53 pm
Minor Diety

Satis wrote:
This is actual gameplay, and it basically shows that TOR is standard MMO fair... but it's fucking star wars and has some really cool things. Not revolutionary, just evolutionary, but that's ok. I'm still excited. :)

Yeah, I don't really care too much about the gameplay being similar to most other MMORPG's, I'm mostly interested in the whole "story with your friends" aspect. That is the dialogue cutscenes and the group decision making. I'm sure that will be very interesting with the rather...eclectic playing styles we all have when it comes to RPG's in general. :P

- Coach

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:43 am
Felix Rex

hah...yes... Mr Blood Bath over here i'm sure would cause a lot of mayhem.

Another video, this one highlighting the gameplay features.

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/game-features

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:56 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Yea Mr Man, Mad Man :D

Just out of curiosity, which side?

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:50 pm
Felix Rex

I'm honestly not sure yet. I'm tempted by both sides. Shiny may cast the deciding vote, or she may vacillate until release and force me to choose. considering all the classes on both sides should have interesting stories, I may end up playing all classes on both sides eventually anyway. :roll:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:35 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I'm not sure if Sith and Republic players can actually assist on each other's storylines. Might be a decisive element for my 'main' character too, depending on what you guys go with. So far I'm liking the Republic Trooper - big gun, tank, not a force user. Too bad he isn't an empire member though. :P

- Coach

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:29 pm
Felix Rex

Haha.... I'm almost certainly going with a force user to start with. And yea, I don't think you can cooperate across sides.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:17 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Here's another video. Kinda neat, but not a cool demo like the other ones. Looks very MMO. :)

http://www.mmorpg.com/showVideo.cfm/videoId/1988

Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:01 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Bounty hunter profession tree video thing with stuff.
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game ... ssion.html

Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:05 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next