It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Divinity II: Ego Draconis 
Minor Diety

überzoom? How so? Not enough scope on the screens/game?

- Coach

Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:03 am
Minor Diety

Well, i prefer more zoomed out views because: a) I can see more, b) Im not really bothered if my character is nicely detailed. b) Being zoomed in often means alot of camera work.

Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:00 am
Minor Diety

When i played the Sacred 2 demo, i was immediately put off by the überzoom on the character. I want to see what's happening around me, and don't care about the graphics that much.

So i'm totally with Derf here.

~King of Thieves~

Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:09 am
Minor Diety

All three of the cinematic trailers that have been released in the past weeks:

http://www.gamershell.com/tv/20056.html
http://www.gamershell.com/tv/20226.html
http://www.gamershell.com/tv/20278.html

The trailers are ok, with again the music stealing the show. The game has gotten its first reviews in Germany btw (German version is out this weekend), most have been around the 80% mark and point out that the quests are very good and the game a lot of fun in general, but also that the overall story is a bit off, that some things like ranged combat feel clunky and that its still suffering from bugs and ctd's. But that last one will probably be helped once we get our hands on an English version. :)

- Coach

Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:40 pm
Minor Diety

Two of the first English "reviews" I found for the game. They're actually blog reports from a couple that's playing the German version, but whatever. They're positive enough to hope for a good game. :)

http://verenakyratzes.wordpress.com/200 ... -draconis/
http://www.jonas-kyratzes.net/?p=668

- Coach

Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:22 am
Minor Diety

Preview, nothing special, but this stood out for me in a time of poor inventories and interfaces thanks to multiplatform releases:

Quote:
Unlike the first two games, Divinity 2 is multi-platform. But fear not: we witnessed both versions side by side, and rest assured, the PC is still the master and commander. Graphics were almost twice as good compared to the Xbox 360, and the character inventory is unrecognizable when put next to the consoles. This is not a lazy port posing as a PC exclusive, this is a game made by people who understand the strengths and inherent advantages of our cherished hardware.

http://game-central.org/2009/editorials ... 2-preview/

- Coach

Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:28 am
Minor Diety

Well a few of my mates have played this (though mostly on 360) and given it good reviews. So I picked it up a couple of weeks ago, intending to get my parents to pay for it as a Christmas present but never asked them. I'm finally giving in tonight and going to give it a quick go (yes, I know, DA:O is calling me back but I can't help myself!)

So I'm going to have a quick go tonight, though I'm still playing Assassins Creed 2 and only about 2/3rds of the way through that. But I'll let you know how it goes. Ox will be pleased to know that simply from reading the skill descriptions in the manual it has retained the old Larian humour so that's always a good start!

edit: I take all that back. Major bug with the game, apparently if you don't have the German version you run a major risk of having infinite loading screens. And guess what I encountered... I can't even save my damn created character. No patches yet either. So guess I won't be playing it yet after all.

edit 2: managed to get around it with a savegame from just after the start. Seems I may still encounter problems though so am saving regularly just in case. However so far I enjoy the game. Not done a whole lot, but it's shaping up nicely. And I'm certain the attribute descriptions are the same as Divine Divinity which I'm very happy about! Apparently someone only has to cough in my direction and I'll fall over dead (I have 1 in vitality...) So let's hope it continues to please me and I can avoid any more bugs :)

Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:55 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yay!! I am very much looking forward to picking this game up myself, but like you mentioned the current version seems a little too spotty to get started with...I'll wait until it's patched.

Good to hear they maintained the same open character building system btw! Are you farther along in the game already? And how about the music? I've seen it being played for a few moments at a local gaming convention and the thing that always stood out for me was the wonderful music (like in the original). :)

Have fun Pev, and keep us posted about your progress (without too many spoilers ;) ).

- Coach

Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:36 am
Minor Diety

Not played again since; it's not running great on my system and since my upgrade will be through this week it's pointless really, so I'm back on Dragon Age as and when I can get on the pc (too many nights out atm for me, not like me at all! Plus work of course). You will definately love it though Ox, kinda weird with it being fps-style though (WASD controls etc). Definately don't pick it up until it's been patched though.

Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:23 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

http://www.rpgwatch.com/#14124

This week!

- Coach

Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:13 am
Minor Diety

About bloody time! I might install it next week then and give it a good run through with the new patch. See how it looks on my new pc :)

Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:05 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:20 pm
Felix Rex

gamespot pretty seriously slammed this game. Well, "slammed". I consider a 6.5 rating to be a pretty big slam unless the game is pure crap.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/divinity ... eview.html

Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:29 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Sounds a bit harsh. Every other review I read so far had it around the 80% mark, which is decent. If it falls in price and gets patched it'll probably be a really enjoyable game.

- Coach

Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:11 am
Minor Diety

*shrugs* I ignore most internet reviews. Especially IGN, they have no freaking clue ever! I have certain customers who I know have similar tastes to me so always ask them when they come in what they think of a game. Anyway gone back to the finish dragon age first idea but it shouldn't be more than a week before I do that hopefully :)

Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:16 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next