Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Divinity II: Ego Draconis 
Stranger

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/divinity ... ks;title;6

Some news from gamespot.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:39 am
Minor Diety

Looking good. :) I actually applied for a position as in-house tester with them, a month ago. Was a good interview, and I got a response from them saying that my application was "positive, but that we can't offer you a job opening atm." And that I will hear from them as soon as the QA team is expanded, but that the terms and conditions for that are outside their grasp for now.

I was befuddled. I think it means that I made a good impression and am 'in', but that they are still waiting for the publisher's ok and/or budget to get the testing process running. Sucks kinda because I still don't know what or how now and I have other applications running (though i would prefer doing this, obviously), but I guess it could be worse. :)

- Coach

Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:32 am
Felix Rex

What it really means probably depends on the person that made the decision.

It could mean what you said. Or it could mean they asked several people to join for less than they wanted to make, and if all those people turn down the offer you're in. :P

Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:16 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol. It's a good thing to know you'll always be around to crush my dreams :P

But nah, you're right, it could mean anything. But it is a strange email for sure. I mean, if they were really just holding out for better employees then why not say so? It's not like I'm gonna put my life and job applications on hold while i'm waiting for them to give me a sign, regardless of what the reasons are. I've got to think about myself in the first place, much as I'd love to be part of the project.

Don't underestimate my chances too much btw. I'm a hardcore veteran when it comes to CRPG's as you know, and perhaps more importantly I could fill a niche by paying extra attention to dialogue (spelling and grammar) and story elements. I don't think too many college-educated literature students apply for a job as tester. :roll:

- Coach

Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:38 am
Felix Rex

Hey, who knows, they might have you start writing dialog. Not for the main quest stuff, of course, just for all the incidental characters that are, almost inevitably, mirror copies of one another. It's amazing how many people have the exact same thing to say....

attention to detail is the key to excellence. I bet the first RPG to truly make every character an individual (even pointless background peasants) will make an absolute killing.

Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:51 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah, who knows. I did tell you about my previous application there, right? As a dialog writer? Which, it turned out, concerned a position already filled by someone with the exact same background as me. :roll: Sometimes you gotta be lucky.

Regardless though, it's actually surprising that RPG's don't feature seperate dialog for all minor characters. It's not even that much work, after all we're not talking entire trees here but a simple line here and there. Even in a world populated with 100+ minor NPC's that would only take a few weeks tops. I guess the problem is in the voice acting. In the past, gamers were cool with most NPC's having nothing but text and some main NPC's being voiced (Fallout 1+2 were like that). These days that doesn't cut it. Either everyone is voiced, or no one. So yeah...

- Coach

Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:25 am
Minor Diety

Some updates by the owner/director of development. I highlighted some of the things that stood out for me - different interfaces/inventories for PC and Xbox version etc. Important, if you ask me.

[quote]My next appointment took the slow train from Brussels, so that gives me some much needed room to give you all a new update... We just finished a two week “get in early and play the game every morning “ review session and I think the general feeling among everybody present in those review meetings was – bloody hell, this game is bigger than we thought. We were playing in god mode, using cheat keys without engaging in combat and it still took us a really long time to play through everything. I think I can safely say that we’ve reached at least one of our design goals and that was - make sure it’s dense enough with plenty of interesting stuff happening all the time, you know, the thing we call gameplay boosters. When you’ll finally get your hands in the game, there’s only one thing I can advise you and that’s to explore – there are plenty of detail layers and secrets within the world of Rivellon and quite a few of them are worth it. Mindreading also springs to mind as something which is worthwhile doing, there’s some really cool ones in there, at least I thought so.

There’s a lot of things going on at our studio for the moment and everybody is pretty stressed, but in general there’s a feeling of – if we manage to do this right, this could be a great game. Still plenty of opportunities for us to goof up, but somehow we managed to get something right. One thing which I think we’re getting pretty right is our dialog presentation. I’m talking about the entire voices/lip-synching/animations/cameras thing. An immense effort is being done to get all of that dialog presented to you in an entertaining way, and I’m really happy at how it turned out. Somewhere in the near future (how many times have I used that phrase already in the context of this project), you’ll be seeing video footage of those dialogs, and I hope you’ll agree with me that it’s been worth the effort.

[b]The user interfaces are also getting more and more complete, and the difference between the PC and Xbox360 user interfaces is pretty sharp. I play games on both systems, and I was happy to see that some schizophrenic part of me could appreciate the nuances the UI guys put in for both audiences. You look at one UI and you say – yep, most definitely PC RPG. You look at the other and you have this thing of, ok – works well for an Xbox360 RPG. The underlying functionality is the same, but it’s surprising how much the look needs to fit the platform for there to be… well, call it gameplay. The same actions with a non-appealing UI on a particular platform feel a lot different than when it is appealing. Don’t ask me why, I tried explaining people in the team multiple times: “you watch, when the UI will look nice and fit, this will be funâ€

- Coach

Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:49 am
Minor Diety

Ego Draconis wins Editor's Award for most anticipated RPG of 2009 on RPGwatch

http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/article?articleid=107

Quote:
With so many longstanding and hardcore devotees of the classic Divine Divinity on board, it's not a big surprise to see the long awaited sequel to Larian's groundbreaking title taking first place. Divine Divinity is a unique game, combining the addictive traits of a hack'slash action/RPG with the open world, interaction and quests of Ultima along with a sense of humour and quirky style – if you've read our recent retrospective, you'll know how much we enjoyed Divine Divinity. Divinity 2 looks to expand on this base with more choices, more consequences and some risky features – if they can integrate mind-reading and flying around as a dragon into the game beyond mere gimmickery, the potential is fascinating.

- Coach

Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:04 am
Minor Diety

short Q&A on the Divinity forum with the lead designer

[quote]Will we get to name our character? Like, first name and last name, and then get called that by the populace instead of just "Dragonslayer" and "hero"?

Yes you will get to name your character and no the populace will address you with your title which is Slayer.

How will we earn gold to buy weapons etc? Would we get it from Quests or do we have to do jobs?

Money drops as part of loot and money is given as a reward. Also there are enough junk and valuable items to be found in the world that you can sell to traders throughout the game.

What’s the estimated length of the game?

We think around fifty hours

Are you free to have conversations with any NPC?

Yes you are, we even encourage it with witty dialogs all over.

Is the game set in 1 city or are there several cities to explore?

There are several small settlements/villages and one city.

Does equipment still use durability, & is exp general or broken down?

Equipment does not use durability and XP is “spentâ€

- Coach

Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:35 am
Stranger

Cant wait. I am currently playing Drakensang. Its worth playing but it kinda fails to epic up. Just when you think its going to pick up its pace and epicness it pours a bucket of cold water on itself.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:38 am
Minor Diety

From what I heard the game takes a while to get rolling but once you hit Grimtooth castle (or something?) things get way more fun...you far into the game already Peltz? I saw it for 30€ somewhere on a digital sales site (like gamersgate or direct2drive, can't remember which) so...

- Coach

Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:44 am
Minor Diety

Ego Draconis aka Divinity 2 finally has a proper website (not just the teaser website of before):

http://www.ego-draconis.com/

Beautiful music again. man, I'm looking forward to this game, and not just cause it's Belgian. :P

- Coach

Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:37 am
Minor Diety

http://www.rpgwatch.com/#12108

- Coach

Sun May 31, 2009 7:15 pm
Minor Diety

http://pc.ign.com/articles/991/991372p1.html

English version of the game will be out in September, but the German version as soon as next month.

Also, 10 very nice new screens

http://www.msxbox-world.com/xbox360/scr ... conis.html

- Coach

Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:38 am
Stranger

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09 ... y-ii/50967

Some gameplay with a scary dev giving comments :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next